Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions

Interviews at Pacific Gas and Electric

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in May 2020.

Interview

The interview went pretty normal with behavioral questions and brief explanation of position. The managers decided to give me a engineer exam asking multiple questions with part a) b) c) during interview which is very weird. I didn't notice anyone else speak of this experience

Interview Questions

• Calculating loads and phase/ground pickup relay in amps   Answer Question

Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Sacramento, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

I applied for the position got a few emails stating my application was under review a week and a half later, and that they would reach out if they needed information. I had been applying with PG&E for 6 years and usually got a decline. When I first applied back in 2014, they had me take 3 tests and I passed all 3 and I believe they held on to these scores because I never had to do it again.

They reached out a month after applying with a request to do a phone screening/interview to see if they would like for me to move forward in the process. They didn’t have a set time or date for when they would call me, so be prepared to answer your phone at all times. I got the call, did a short 20 minute interview which went really well and was told I would hear if they wanted to invite me for an official formal interview within 72 hours.

I got an email with a request to do a formal panel interview via video chat because of the pandemic going on right now, we couldn’t do an in person interview. They set the date and time and didn’t give me an option to pick, so be prepared to make plans with your current employer or schooling. I was given an access code and the option to download an app or the website to join the video call.

Did the interview with 2 interviewers, one manager and one senior employee. Interview lasted 2 hours and went extremely well. The questions they ask are mainly service and scenario based. They’re really big on safety and they’re very community focused. The interviewers were so nice, I can’t express enough how much easier they made the interview just by being so positive and assuring in their approach. They did do 3 scenario based role play calls which I felt was the most challenging part of the interview. They act like an upset customer and you’re the service rep for PG&E.

After the interview I was told what the next steps would be and what the job/training schedule would potentially be because of the pandemic. I got an offer letter via email 12 days later and background check, drug test, motor vehicle record check and DOT check were performed and finished in 72 hours.

The whole experience was so gratifying and smooth. Some parts of the process take longer than other companies and they really like to dig deep when they interview you but I would say nothing unusual.

I will include the most unique questions I felt I wasn’t prepared for during the interview. All the other questions I felt were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had a co worker who didn’t understand your process of doing something and you helped them learn and adapt to what you were doing?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a service accomplishment in the last role you held?   Answer Question
    • How do you ensure safety and what do you do to prevent hazards at home and at work?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond to a customer who just lost their job and called you pleading for help?   Answer Question
    • In your current job what goals are your required to meet and what does your process look like?   Answer Question

Senior Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Fairfield, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Actually was contacted by Manager and his team. They set up interview and communicated very well. Phone and emails.

Communicated with me and asked if I would like to interview and when a best time would be. Great energy and and very informative

IT Asset Management Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online and within 1-2 weeks I received a request to do an online interview (similar to HireVue). This interview was fairly straightforward, 7 questions in total, and took me about 20 minutes to complete. I then did not hear back from them for about 2 and a half weeks, at which point a recruiter reached out to me for a phone call. The phone call was to offer me the position.

Expert Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

There were couple of interviews including a case interview. some behavioral questions. The interview took about 1 hour. I heard back from the hiring manager after 3 weeks and they asked for referrals from previous jobs. After that I received my official offer.

Interview Questions

• What trending program would you use looking at this information?   1 Answer
    • Tell me what your current boss would say about areas you need to work on.   1 Answer

Enterprise Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

1. Applied for position in June 2019
    2. Notified in December 2019 that there would be an initial phone screen (Dec 23)
    3. Phone screen last 1/2 hour with a Manager and Director. I was at home in a quiet location (home office) so there would be no distractions and I had reliable internet service. The call was made to me from a BART station -- I could hear both participants clearly enough but there was some noise in the background. Since they were on their phones I could not really show them much. The BART location didn't have great wifi. The interviewers asked me general questions like the one posted below. Also asked to describe what I did for my last two roles (at Moasis and Revere)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been asked to come up w/ an architecture or proposal that was not followed and what was your reaction ?   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with the contracting company, in-person with 5 different people, the contracting company "tested" me on my knowledge of Agile, Scrum and project management. Management interviewed me to see how I would fit into the teams.

Interview Questions

• How would I get up to speed, what do I know about Agile, previous projects   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Sacramento, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied mid October. Interviewed mid November. I applied online for multiple positions, I was invited to test for the jobs I applied. I passed all test and about 2 weeks after testing I got results & two weeks after that I got the email inviting me to interview. I know they hire based off testing, so they’re ramping up for a class that will start soon.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to ensure safety of yourself & others at home or work?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

During the interview, they asked general questions about my background and eventually asked a scripted series of questions concerning my experiences and qualifications. Interviewers were so nice and friendly. Had a great time with them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

They ask questions and expect a response using the STAR method. Most questions are behavior based which means they want to hear specific examples. You will need to prepare specific examples for questions they may ask. It is a very long hiring process with several interviews (3+).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult customer when developing training.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.