Paddle Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Paddle Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Paddle

2.3

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied to Paddle in January 2018 and joined a few weeks later after a really positive interview experience. Having noticed Paddle during my time working for an investor in tech startups I had seen their rapid progress and applied eagerly in the hope of becoming part of what seemed like a great culture! The process consisted of:
Week 1 - Telephone call with their in-house recruiter.
Week 2 - An interview with the head of sales and an Account Executive
Week 3 - A short presentation the head / members of the sales team

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in sales or talking over email/phone/in-person with potential clients or customers?   Answer Question

Paddle Response

30 Oct 2018 – Talent

Hi there,

Thanks for your positive feedback, stoked to have you with us at Paddle! 🚀

Cheers,
The Talent team

Other Interview Reviews for Paddle

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle.

Interview

Negative experience with very unprofessional external recruiter who took ages in dealing with Paddle and gave really unhelpful and confusing CV tips and recommendations for preparing the interview. Paddle's interviewer was even worse - Extremely cocky and arrogant, gave a really bad impression about the company.

I get it: You guys have a unique product and all that, but you are only one in a million companies in London :) So stop talking to candidates like you are the center of the universe. Obviously no Follow-Up after interview - Why bother?

Interview Questions

• Q: According to info available online: Can you explain what Paddle does and why do you think it works ?   1 Answer

Paddle Response

16 Jul 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hi there,
    We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience at Paddle. We try our best to give a fair and straightforward hiring process that gives you the chance to learn what our company... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

3 stages:

Stage 1 - Call with the recruiter
    Stage 2 - F2F with a Sales Manager
    Stage 3 - F2F and presentation with Sales Manager and VP of Sales

An all-round poor experience that has quite frankly put me off interviewing at other companies. The presentation consists of looking at their competitors under the pretence that you are a product owner recommending one solution to the head of product and the CFO of a preselected company.

Paddle, unfortunately, is uninterested in seeing how you present in a sales environment or how you come across or the quality of the presentation slides. What they want instead is a generic presentation on the differences between competitors.

It’s for that reason my recommendation to anyone else doing this presentation is to not try to make the presentation interesting or impressive. Do not try to pick outside the box companies to reflect a broad scope of competition. Instead, take the information readily available off the front page of the competitor’s website and copy that into a slide deck and you are in a with a good shot of winning a position at Paddle.

My questions and recommendations to Paddle in the future are this. What are your goals and motivations in hiring someone in sales? Are you after a motivated salesperson or are you after somebody that knows everything about the industry in its entirety after 3 days? If so, why provide 3 weeks of training when they start? As a quickly growing company, it’s unsustainable in terms of both your own time and resources and that of the candidates to write someone off over one mistake in a presentation. To continue with that mindset will only result in a bottleneck of talent as you overlook otherwise, and this is in your own words not mine, “a candidate with a great sales background, who has the past experience in start-up we are looking for, asked great questions and presented well and confidently”

I write this review purely because my other disappointment lies in the lack of communication from Paddle themselves. After spending hours and hours creating a presentation and having a number of back and forth conversations via email with the sales manager, I was so disappointed to not even get a response to a very candid email asking for further feedback.

To summarise, if you want to be inventive during the interview process, take risks and invest large amounts of your time trying to impress this is simply not the company for you, unfortunately, they just don’t value that. If you lack sales ability but think you know how copy and paste works this may well be your ticket to a new job. This company seems fantastic at everything they do, great product great future. But and it’s a big but, this will not continue with your current recruitment process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.