Paddle Customer Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Paddle Customer Support Interview Questions

Interviews at Paddle

1 Interview Review

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddle in April 2019.

Interview

You submit your resume to an ATS(applicant tracking system) to be parsed for relevant keywords. Make sure you have them in there, they're in the job description.

Then you'll get an email asking to answer two sample questions. I was told in email from the Paddle rep that I'd get a response back within 24 hours from their support team but no one emailed back and it's been more than a month (which is basically tantamount to their saying: "F*!k you, we don't value your time enough to even send a boilerplate rejection email). Took about 1 to 1.5 weeks from submitting my resume, to getting email to getting ghosted.

Interview Questions

• Customer background:

They are currently in their first week of integrating their systems with Paddle and wrote into our support team with the following question:

"Dear Support,

I’m exceptionally frustrated. I’ve been trying for days to get my subscription plans setup correctly. I can successfully purchase a plan via our website, and we do receive an email informing us about the order, but I can’t keep on manually updating this in our system! Surely there is a way to do this automatically? What am I missing here?

Also, on my test purchase, it came through on my bank statement as ***PADDLE.NET*** how do I change this to display BIGVOICE instead? This will really confuse our customers!

This was supposed to be easy.

Sincerely,

Jesse

Head of Product

Big Voice"

Assignment 1 :

Please write a sample response back. You can use the Paddle documentation and sign up for a free seller account if you find it helpful.   Answer Question
  • "Good news! Your response saved the day and Big Voice have been happy Paddle clients for the last few months. Until now:

'Hi Support,

Your system is impossible to use! It’s really important to us to keep control of our data. Someone from our support team updated our product information and changed the checkout price for all customers rather than updating it for the ONE customer they were meant to!

This is ridiculous, I need you to fix this yesterday.

Thanks. Jesse.'

Assignment 2:

How would you describe Jesse’s tone? Why do you think he feels this way?
    What tactics or strategies would you use in answering this email?
    What would you do internally with a ticket like this?
    Write a sample response back to Jesse.   Answer Question

Paddle Response

31 May 2019 – Talent

Hey there,

We're sorry you had a negative experience with us. Depending on the role, our aim is to get back to candidates within 3 working days and we clearly haven't lived up to our mark in your case.

We review each resume manually and our ATS (we currently use Greenhouse) does not have the functionality to parse keywords. We look for potential more than experience so limiting ourselves to looking only for keywords in a resume would actually impair us from ensuring a diverse pipeline of talented candidates.

Cheers,
The Talent team at Paddle

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.