Palantir Technologies Deployment Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Palantir Technologies Deployment Strategist Interview Questions

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

3.1

Deployment Strategist Interview

Interview

First I talked with a recruiter, who described Palantir and the process. Then I had a first round interview consisting of brief background questions, why I wanted this role at Palantir, and walked through a case study. I did not progress any further.

Interview Questions

• Walk through how you could improve a product that you use.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

Application submitted through a referral. Recruiter was prompt in reaching out and setting up a call. Initial phone screen was a 15 minute discovery with opened ended questions about myself, career objectives and interest in Palantir. Next step would have been interview with DS and then multiple in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe yourself (outside of resume).
      2. How you heard about Palantir / Interest in the company?
      3. List three strengths you have in your current position.
      4. Describe the programs you work with on a daily basis.
      5. What is a weakness you currently have (with some f/u questions)

There was time at the end of the interview to ask the Recruiter questions, which I had a couple.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

One HR call, one deployment strategist call, on-site 3 interviews, stopped there but If continue should have one or two more interviews
    People were all so nice and smart, answered questions well

Interview Questions

• What is something you could not like while working at Palantir   Answer Question

Deployment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

It was quite a lengthy process but overall very positive and pleasant! The sequence of interviews was as follows: recruiter call, call with Deployment Strategist, 3 interviews with Deployment Strategists onsite, a final call with a Hiring Manager.

The initial call with the recruiter gauged interest for the position and Palantir, and asked about some technical/data-centric projects I'd worked on. I was quickly scheduled for a follow-up call with a DS over Zoom. It lasted about 45 min, and the type of questions were about interest in Palantir, why I wanted to leave my current job, personal interests/passions, and more broadly interest in tech/data. A week went by without hearing back so I emailed them and they immediately responded saying they'd like to schedule me for an onsite visit. It consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews with DS and a lunch/presentation about the company. Two of the interviews were a mix of a decomp problem and behavioral, and one was fully behavioral. It was a very fun day - the interviewers were very friendly and interesting, and I had fun talking to them about my work/their work/the hypothetical deployment scenarios I had to work through. Two days later I heard back that they wanted to schedule me for a final interview with a Hiring Manager, which took place a couple of days after that, and I promptly heard back that I'd be getting an offer.

My advice to anyone interested in this position (at least those not fresh out of college, I can't speak for soon-to-be/recent grads) is to forget about worrying about brainteasers or questions of that type, and instead spend a lot of time researching Palantir, their values, their product, and thinking about whether you really are passionate about working for them. If so - let it show! Don't underestimate the importance of more behavioral-type questions in favor of technical ones. Aside from specifically researching Palantir, I spent a lot of time reading articles/blog posts about data science and interesting/innovative ways in which companies use their data. And of course, spend time thinking about your past experiences and how they can showcase your leadership, tenacity, teamwork skills, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I interviewed at Palantir in 2019. Process took about four months. They are slow.

Process:
    1. phone screen with recruiter
    2. video interview with a deployment strategist (resume review, behavioral)
    3. onsite interview ( 1 behavioral, 2 decomposition)
    4. onsite interview (1 decomposition)
    5. onsite interview (meeting with hiring manager -all behavioral/mostly about goals and values)

Interview Questions

• Advice:
      Review the materials online, go over schema, review some consulting case interviews(i.e., improving main stream companies/improving public programs/what drives a process or event), review decomposition, look at their flagship products, reflect on your values and goals and go over your resume(interrogate it). Review notes on glassdoor – all relevant questions have been mentioned here .   Answer Question
    • 1. tell me about yourself?
      2. what is your story?
      3. why palantir?
      4. why did you leave your last company?
      5. what is next for you?
      6. tell me a time you failed at X
      7. strength/weakness
      8. talk about the process of giving/receiving feedback
      9. what was the worst part of participating in X?
      10. describe how you handled a difficult coworker
      11. biggest accomplishment
      12. what is the most challenging problem that you have solved
      13. how do you get everyone on the same page?
      14. how would you make X profitable?
      15. what would you do at X to drive “social good” ?
      16. how would you set the price for x?
      17. what are the drivers for x products?
      18. how would you find x – how would you find the root cause of the problem?
      19. discuss a recent project   Answer Question

Deployment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Pretty long process (took me about 3 months from first touch point to finally getting offer). Throughout I had good communication and clarity with the recruiter that was working with me.

Interview Questions

• Peter Thiel question (what's one thing that you believe that 95% of people would disagree with)
      Strengths/weaknesses
      To discuss a project I've worked on recently
      Why Palantir
      I had a few case studies about how to improve different mainstream companies and hypothetical ones (ie spotify)   Answer Question

Deployment Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in November 2018.

Interview

Phone interview lasts around 30 minutes. Very straight forward. They ask you to go through your background, followed by basic questions and some time for you to ask questions about the position and company.

Deployment Strategist Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 recruiter calls, 1 phone screen, and an onsite. If you make it past the onsite you can expect one last interview with a Hiring Manager.

Your interviews will be with Deployment strategists, and if you indicated a space preference (government, commercial, health etc.) then you might get matched with someone with experience in that space.

The questions were a mix of behavioral and analytical. I will give examples of both below.

I had an overall positive experience. One piece of advice is to try and build a good rapport with your interviewer. They definitely value your character and personality and are looking for a mutually good fit for their company.

Interview Questions

• What was a project that you worked on where you had to deal with particularly difficult people? Were you able to pin point what their motives were and understand them?   Answer Question
    • Say Palantir is in charge of planning the next tennis Grand Slam. How would you verify that 2 pm is the best time for this tournament (that has been the typical time we have set this tournament for the past 5 years) given any publicly available data/information.   Answer Question

Deployment Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2018.

Interview

Had a phone screen with an international recruiter, and proceeded to a Zoom interview with a Deployment Strategist. Was told that they were looking for someone with more practical analytical experience.

The second round of interviews was rather tough. The interviewer picked on one analytical project I had worked on and centered the entire interview around it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most analytical project you worked on.

If you could redo the project, what language would you use and why?   Answer Question

Deployment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interviews themselves were what you would expect from a data oriented product role. The process, however, was fairly confusing and slow. Twice I didn't hear back for over a week, and had to remind them that I was waiting. Weird!

Interview Questions

• Given 100 million dollars, what problem would you solve in the world and how?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.