Palantir Technologies Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Palantir Technologies Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

3.2

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Interview

30 min call with recruiter (they got back to me quickly to set up the call after an employee referral). Behavioral questions, including "tell me about yourself" and interests/motivations. Heavy emphasis on motivation for joining Palantir. Didn't get past this

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Process took around 6 weeks. Initial coding interview outsourced to Karat, followed by 3 rounds with the team. After is the final hiring manager interview. Everyone was really kind and helpful during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why Palantir?
      Find total amount traded in a portfolio of stocks.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The process began with a recruiter reaching out over LinkedIn. The very next step was the live (remote) coding session with two engineers. They asked a few questions about my background and then went through the coding assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Completed the first virtual round with coding assessment. I got the question fully right and explained every step and passed the test case as well as both edge cases. The interviewer was very bad he was not responsive at all. It felt like I was talking to myself the whole time even when I asked him if he is confused on any of my explanation. Didn’t even make it to the virtual onsite and no feedback either on why. Overall this company is trash and a waste of time. Seems like they have no real intent of hiring people just wasting your time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I first received a Hackerrank challenge that had 3 questions. I finished 2, but it was enough to move me on to the next stage. In about 2 weeks, I get a 30 minute phone call asking behavioral questions. After that, you move onto a live coding assessment that was about an hour long. Passing that, you finally move on to the "onsite" that's completely virtual now. I didn't make it pass here, but supposedly, there is one more onsite and then a final interview with the head honcho. This process took a good 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Given a 2D array of integers, determine valleys, i.e., the highest point   Answer Question

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

The process involved a coding assessment and then an on-site interview with three parts on one day. Everyone was super helpful and friendly and I was truly impressed by the company and their mission.

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2020.

Interview

I got an email from Palantir shortly after applying to request an online coding test. I got 2/3 of it right but did not move forward. They likely look for a 100% correct test.

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Raleigh, NC (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

There was first a behavioral interview over the phone. Then there an online technical interview that wasn't done by Palantir, but actually outsourced to Karat. You had 60 minutes to solve 4 coding questions. The interview process was not diffucult, just the questions were.

Forward Deployed Engineer/Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

1 call with recruiter
    1 call with FDE with technical problem
    3 onsite interviews (system design, debug, and algo)

Palantir seems like a company that likes to waste everyones time. They interview 100 candidates a week and barely give any offers. They waste your time on calls and this full day interview. Theyre better off screening better from the beginning. They clearly think they are the most superior and that anyone would be lucky to work for them. Definitely do not recommend this place for a 'team' environment. Seems that they care mostly about selling the most product. They probably have more recruiters then engineers just to waste everyones time. Not happy at all with the process and how much of my time they wasted

Should also mention that all my interviews went very well, and having been interviewing and in the software space for years, very surprised. They only want a very specific person, but invite everyone and anyone.

Interview Questions

• Why palantir?   1 Answer
    • system design was to create an app that returns all recipies that can be made with ingredients you may have ...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online, 1 behavioral phone screen (~30 minutes), 1 technical phone screen with a FDE (~45 minutes), and an on-site (~4-5 hours). The on-site consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews focusing on 1) coding, 2) debugging, and 3) an open-ended problem.

Interview Questions

• The technical phone screen was a variation of the UTF-8 LeetCode problem, except in this case the input was a string rather than an array of ints.   1 Answer
    • On-site open-ended problem: your grandma doesn't want to walk/drive to the grocery store anymore. Can you design a tool that allows grandma to search/browse/query recipes that use existing ingredients in her house?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.