Palantir Technologies Infrastructure Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Palantir Technologies Infrastructure Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

3.4

Infrastructure Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Got my resume put through at a university career fair. They asked me if I wanted to solve a problem on the spot, but I was not in the right mindset so I asked to not do that, which was fine.

Emailed with the recruiter and tried to convey that I wasn't sure if this was the right position for me, but he insisted it was. Interview was "test" questions, which was not my area of interest or strength in CS.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of how would you test a polling system.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Infrastructure Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone call and talk about the company for about 30 minutes. She asked me a couple technical questions that were easy and also found on this website. After that, I had a phone call with an engineer but it wasn't a typical coding phone screen. I didn't even need to have my laptop as we talked through some system design questions (how would you design an elevator, Amazon, etc). Then I had another phone screen with an actual coding question which I completed on CoderPad. After that phone call I was invited to come onsite where I had a breakfast with an engineer to just ask questions and then 3 interviews in the afternoon followed by a demo by two other engineers. Before my interview, they had let me know that the hiring manager was on vacation that week so if I had done a good job, I would still have to do one more Skype interview with them. Ultimately, I did not move on past this stage but I really enjoyed meeting the team and the interviewers were all really nice. I think that Palantir is just a very top company and you have to interview almost perfectly.

Interview Questions

• System design questions mainly   1 Answer

Infrastructure Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in March 2015.

Interview

So the interview consists of 3 rounds. 1 with the recruiter, 1 phone screen, and 1 onsite. Overall this was a difficult interview. It is very difficult to explain what to study but be very well rounded. Understand not only data structures and algorithms, but system design questions as well. The people there are very smart, so understand everything you put n your resume and articulate what you want to do very clearly.

Infrastructure Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The very first phone call starts from a recruiter. He asks me some basice questions e.g. graduate date, skill sets. Plus is a very easy question about finding the singleton number from an array.

Second phone call is about resume and an easy problem to find anagrams appeared in a dictionary from text.

Third phone call is about find median/average/mode from infinite stream of numbers. Still pretty easy and killed within 35 mins. This time the interview was conducted with an online editor.

Onsite:
    The hotel is pretty fancy, but the
    First interview was about design a mini-yelp, pretty standard design questions and how to test this mini-yelp.

Second interview was the really really disappointing. The interviewer came into the room in a kind of shabby t-shirt. He is even still sleepy and seems just got out of bed 1 min ago. He spend some time on thinking what question he should give. Finally he came up with a DAG question, which is about how to detect a potential cycle in a DAG. I made it with DFS in short time. But that's the time the interviewer begin asking vague questions. He said that my solution can return "false true", and he asks me to provide those cases. I thought there was any bug in my code, but after checking it again and again. My solution is clean. The interviewer still insists on that but I got confused. The interviewer should give the case to show that my solution would return "false true" instead of me. The interviewer was pretty impatient and keep sitting into chair playing his toes. (seriously playing with his toes) After a while of discussing, I tried all possible solution I can think. He stood up and made a case on whiteboard. I think it was 5 mins before the end that I finally understood his intention. There was no mysterious algorithms or magical solutions, just little trick to make confusions. Communication to that interviewer was really bad and I believe his words mislead me to a wrong way to understand the question. That made me get out of their office immediately.

The third interviewer is totally different. This interviewer is polite and patient. We started talking about projects I have been through, and some easy problems. We make step-by-step to harder and harder problems and I solved each of them on whiteboard with clean code. (I believe it is clean) I even believe that one can just copy and past those code into computer and run it with no problem. The interviewer was pretty satisfied and wish we could have more time for discussion.

The question I want to ask is, how could these two different interviewers exist in the same team?

Infrastructure Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

One on campus screen, two phone interviews, then an on site that was four technical interviews (with a product demo interceding after the third one). After all of the pre on site stages, a recruiter got back to me quickly letting me know that I had moved to the next round. Took a week or two to hear that I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• Determine if two words are an anagram   2 Answers

Infrastructure Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after giving the company my resume at a conference. First round was a phone interview where the recruiter talked about the position and did some short technical questions. There was no coding involved, it was just discussing a general approach to problems.

One question was: "Your favorite web page gives you a 404 when you load it. How would you troubleshoot this?" After I answered, my interviewer said that the "obvious missed step" was checking my own internet connection. I don't know whether this was a test or a mistake on the part of the interviewer, but that is incorrect (if your connection wasn't working, you would not get a 404 because you would not be able to get any response from the server at all because your requests would all fail). The interviewer was overtly disinterested for the rest of the interview after that point and I did not get another interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a variety arrays of different lengths, each array has 1 of one element and 2 of every other element. Return a list of the elements that aren’t repeated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a couple of phone interviews with the recruiter and developers. Then they flew me to London for an on-site interview, had three interviews there with different, one engineer, one dev lead and his manager. The question weren't too difficult, not many coding\algorithmic questions. Overall it was a good experience

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.