Palantir Technologies Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Software Engineer(Internship)

Palantir Technologies Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

3.3

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Online assessment, do questions, then hr screening, then online interview. They are all coding questions except hr screening. They are so hard. Oh no. I have only done the Online assessment.

Interview Questions

• Some coding questions, gives test case and you write code to pass them.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Multiple rounds of technical interviews--the first interview was a coding challenge and second round was a virtual interview with a software developer. After every round, they got back to me quickly.

Interview Questions

• Given a matrix of elevations, find the highest points and the flood zones they create   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

They first sent a HackerRank challenge, after which a technical phone screen was held. They then flew me out to HQ in Palo Alto for an onsite interview, which was broken down into three parts: coding, debugging, and systems design.

Interview Questions

• A debugging exercise, requiring me to break down a large codebase   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Have one round of online coding challenge and another round of phone interview, and the HR manager was very helpful, and she was definitely kind to someone with little experience like me.

Interview Questions

• What is one aspect that you are interested in joining the Palantir?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

3 back to back interviews on site. Each interview was different. Only one was pure technical that you could study for the rest were on the spot performance. Really friendly interviewers and felt very welcomed. Overall good experience

Interview Questions

• Taught me a new subject on the spot then had to answer questions regarding it   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I was contacted after my university career fair and sent a Hackerrank coding challenge shortly after. The questions were fairly challenging, but they gave me the name of the question beforehand which gave me a rough idea for the type of question to expect. They gave me results of the challenge within a week.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Was an online hacker rank challenge, then a non-technical phone "chat" with a recruiter, then a Karat video interview, then two onsite interviews and a hiring manager interview. There was quite a wait between processes.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode Course Schedule Question   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process is as follows: non-technical phone interview, then technical phone interview with ^Karat, then onsite. I only got to the technical phone interview part. I was interviewing for Palantir New York. The interviewer I was with was super nice and we got along really well. Too bad I didn't make it to the onsite!

Interview Questions

• For the technical phone interview: first they ask you about your experience and projects to break the ice. Next I had a series of general programming knowledge questions such as "X is trying to solve Problem P, and doing it this way: blablabla... What is he doing wrong?"

The last part of the interview was Leetcode easy-type of questions. The first one was really easy to solve, second one a bit less trivial as it involved merging small lists into a single contiguous one. I got stuck on part of the algorithm, but still managed to solve it in time.

In the end, I thought I did well since I finished both problems and correctly answered the questions before, but I got a rejection email a week later. I think this is what sets Palantir and the like aside from other companies: they don't want you to do well, they want you to do perfect. More specifically, you are expected to answer non-hard questions quickly and without stumbling, at least in my experience.

If you are reading this because you have an interview with them: don't panic, and make sure you're prepared enough so that you quickly arrive to a solution for any type of leetcode easy-medium   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I went to their office hours on campus. And got OA in the next week. Then I passed it as well as the HR phone call. After that, I got their phone interview that was hosted by Karat. And I passed and got an onsite which I arranged it in January next year.

Interview Questions

• Given 2 d matrix (only has 0, 1 in it), find the rectangle that is represented by 1   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Applied online and got an assessment to complete on hackerrank.
    3 questions in 1 hour. Medium - hard assessment, tight on time. Second question was based on the solution from first one. Didn't manage to get to third one.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.