Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

1,422 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Simple phone screen with popular leetcode question. Interviewer proceeded to try to optimize my code in the middle of me solving the problem. I have no idea why an interviewer would not just let a candidate work and instead force minor modifications in the middle. Easily the worst interviewer i've ever had. Please step up your training

SWE Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Submitted essay along with resume and cover letter. Also had to fill out some other information. Was rejected, but they were very prompt about it. Submitted essay along with resume and cover letter. Also had to fill out some other information. Was rejected, but they were very prompt about it.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in September 2020.

Interview

I first spoke with a recruiter who was very helpful and kind. The first actual interview was with Karat, which made the interview a bit weird - she did not seem excited to be there and was not very helpful, differing from interviews with engineers at other companies. She asked 3 run time questions and 2 leetcode-y questions, the second being an optimization of the first.

Interview Questions

• Find the left top corner and width and height of a rectangle of zeroes within a 2d matrix (the rest are 1's)   Answer Question

New Grad Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Online OA consisting of two questions based on simple data parsing. This is followed up by a technical phone interview and then a behavioral. That is as far as I got.

Interview Questions

• Windows Maintenance. Find the largest overlapping window time frame for maintenance to take place given a list of possible times from each department.   1 Answer

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

I first submitted my resume and answered some questions such as why I wanted to work for Palantir. I then had a technical assessment on HackerRank that tested DFS/BFS algorithms applied to a matrix.

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The process began with a recruiter reaching out over LinkedIn. The very next step was the live (remote) coding session with two engineers. They asked a few questions about my background and then went through the coding assessment.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Online Hackerrank after applying online. Unfortunately, I never got past that stage, so I have no idea how the rest of it goes. But, the first stage was arguably the hardest hackerrank exam I've ever taken. Good luck!

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The HR screening was excruciating - it took more than 1 hour, going into all kinds of personal and uncomfortable questions (and some inappropriate questions IMO, e.g. what companies exactly you are interview with. Why? So that they can understand your "ambitions"). The technical interview was standard and pretty ok.
    I got a 2-sentence rejection with zero feedback.

Pretty weird experience, I will not be applying again

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I first received a Hackerrank challenge that had 3 questions. I finished 2, but it was enough to move me on to the next stage. In about 2 weeks, I get a 30 minute phone call asking behavioral questions. After that, you move onto a live coding assessment that was about an hour long. Passing that, you finally move on to the "onsite" that's completely virtual now. I didn't make it pass here, but supposedly, there is one more onsite and then a final interview with the head honcho. This process took a good 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Given a 2D array of integers, determine valleys, i.e., the highest point   Answer Question

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

First round, interview with a current engineer with a practical coding exercise. It was not an algorithm more of a scenario based coding questions.
    Second round, three part interview, each part with a different engineer from the team and a different focus being Infrastructure as Code, Programming, and Debugging in the AWS console.
    Third round, a deep dive conversational style interview with the manager of the team. This goes deep into all of your past jobs as to why you left, what you learned, some of the typical ways you could have improved, etc...

The interview process was great as the recruiters were very quick to respond, provided explanations before each round, and even resources to learn more about the company.

The decision however, took over two weeks even when I was told I would get an answer quick since I had another offer on the table already. I was also ignored until calling and emailing multiple times before receiving the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• There is a web service on AWS that is not working, what steps would you take to debug and get the application working again?   1 Answer