Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

1,422 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Interview

An absolute joke. Their video technical was done by a 3rd party and their on-site questions were terrible. One of the questions is an extremely vague high-level system design. There's also a pair programming exercise in which they stare at you and force you to debug a Java program. Palantir has a history of racial discrimination in employment (look it up) and they're a company full of human trash with no ethics at any rate.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I was contacted after my university career fair and sent a Hackerrank coding challenge shortly after. The questions were fairly challenging, but they gave me the name of the question beforehand which gave me a rough idea for the type of question to expect. They gave me results of the challenge within a week.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Was an online hacker rank challenge, then a non-technical phone "chat" with a recruiter, then a Karat video interview, then two onsite interviews and a hiring manager interview. There was quite a wait between processes.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode Course Schedule Question   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process is as follows: non-technical phone interview, then technical phone interview with ^Karat, then onsite. I only got to the technical phone interview part. I was interviewing for Palantir New York. The interviewer I was with was super nice and we got along really well. Too bad I didn't make it to the onsite!

Interview Questions

• For the technical phone interview: first they ask you about your experience and projects to break the ice. Next I had a series of general programming knowledge questions such as "X is trying to solve Problem P, and doing it this way: blablabla... What is he doing wrong?"

The last part of the interview was Leetcode easy-type of questions. The first one was really easy to solve, second one a bit less trivial as it involved merging small lists into a single contiguous one. I got stuck on part of the algorithm, but still managed to solve it in time.

In the end, I thought I did well since I finished both problems and correctly answered the questions before, but I got a rejection email a week later. I think this is what sets Palantir and the like aside from other companies: they don't want you to do well, they want you to do perfect. More specifically, you are expected to answer non-hard questions quickly and without stumbling, at least in my experience.

If you are reading this because you have an interview with them: don't panic, and make sure you're prepared enough so that you quickly arrive to a solution for any type of leetcode easy-medium   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

HR phone interview -> Tech phone interview -> Onsite

Smooth experience. All the interviewers were nice. They treat you really well. Good flight and hotel. Very responsive and nice to candidates. Strongly recommended. Hard interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

First is a screen about why you're interviewing. Then there is a coding interview screen. Next, there is another coding interview. At the end, there is a superday with more coding.

Communications Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in November 2019.

Interview

Was contacted by very friendly recruiter for phone interview.
    Phoner consisted of three questions:
    1. Tell us about your background.
    2. What’s your favorite technological device or app and how would you improve it.
    3. What’s a project you’ve worked on lately that you’re proud of?
    I was contacted within a few days and told they were moving to other candidates but they liked my profile and I’ve been in touch with recruiter since then and very impressed with his quick response and friendliness.

Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a Zoom video call with an SRO (both 1-on-1). Then, the on-site process involved 3 back-to-back interviews (1-on-1) with SROs. I did not make it past the 3 on-site interviews.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I went to their office hours on campus. And got OA in the next week. Then I passed it as well as the HR phone call. After that, I got their phone interview that was hosted by Karat. And I passed and got an onsite which I arranged it in January next year.

Interview Questions

• Given 2 d matrix (only has 0, 1 in it), find the rectangle that is represented by 1   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Straightforward. I was notified via email that i would be contacted by HR and to prepare to talk through my experience and resume. The call was straightforward with an introduction and chit chat then the interviewer rattled off question which then let the conversation flow naturally Phone Screen

Interview Questions

• What do you love about data?   1 Answer