Palantir Technologies New Grad Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for New Grad Software Engineer

Palantir Technologies New Grad Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

3.3

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

First round -- online assessment. A series of BFS problems.

Second round -- HR call. Didn't make it past this stage, got asked questions on internships on my resume, why Palantir and not these other places.

Interview Questions

• HR Round: "Why Palantir and not [company x], [company y]?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

New Grad Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Online OA consisting of two questions based on simple data parsing. This is followed up by a technical phone interview and then a behavioral. That is as far as I got.

Interview Questions

• Windows Maintenance. Find the largest overlapping window time frame for maintenance to take place given a list of possible times from each department.   1 Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Interview

An absolute joke. Their video technical was done by a 3rd party and their on-site questions were terrible. One of the questions is an extremely vague high-level system design. There's also a pair programming exercise in which they stare at you and force you to debug a Java program. Palantir has a history of racial discrimination in employment (look it up) and they're a company full of human trash with no ethics at any rate.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Applied on the website and got a coding challenge after about two weeks. A few days later, the recruiter set up a quick phone call and ask questions about your resume.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Online coding challenge on Hackerrank, 4 questions within an hour. It was difficult with the tie constraint but I was able to finish it and got a recruiter phone call follow up. The call was purely behavioral, and they seem to really take their culture seriously.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Coding challenge sent via email (easy difficulty).

Recruiter then set up a phone call to find out more about my background.

Phone interview scheduled the week after, 2 algorithms questions (1 easy difficulty, 1 medium difficulty). About 45 minutes for the full call.

Onsite visit scheduled for a couple weeks later. 3 interviews to go through at the onsite. One algorithms, one solving problems in an existing codebase, and one design/personality. No interview with a manager. Each interview had someone shadowing.

They also gave an hour-long introduction about the company before the interviews, lunch after the interviews, and a product showcase after that. Since they make you sign an NDA, they go into detail about their products.

The engineers here are highly judgemental. They were satisfied with all my problem solving skills (I even finished some problems earlier than they expected), but some were unenthusiastic about it. They didn't even show any interest when I mentioned that I knew about some of the tools the company's made. Every person I met working there said they chose the company because "they solve real world problems" (literally the same answer from each person).

The interior design of the HQ office is a bit depressing. Felt more like a law firm than a tech company.

Some of the applications the company has created are impressive, but they’re built with older technology. Their reasoning for this is that the government (their biggest client) takes a while to trust newer softwares.

Interview Questions

• Create a KD Tree.   Answer Question
    • Given an existing codebase in Java, fix certain bugs (one was incorrect logic, one was optimization for speed). They will also plant secret bugs in the code that they don't mention to see if you'll pick those up.   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would go about designing a mobile app that helps a user know how dangerous an animal is. Consider real life scenarios like no wifi accessibility.   Answer Question
    • Tell something about yourself that's not on your resume.   Answer Question
    • What is one thing you don’t like in Software Engineering? Be specific and explain why.   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Shortly after received a Hackerrank challenge. A month after that I heard back. Had a 45 min technical phone interview (spent some time explaining Palantir and learning about me). Invited to on-sites. Very nice, but company felt very secretive. Always had someone watching over me.

Interview Questions

• Graph theory question, write a Stack based calculator, write a KD tree, design an application for employees to meet each other, debug an existing codebase   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The process took around a month. Reached out by the recruiter via LinkedIn. Took the Hacker rank challenge and passed 8/11 test cases. I am assuming they care more about the structure and your approach rather than the correctness. After that I had a phone call with recruiter, where she went over general behavioral questions followed by a technical phone interview with an engineer. The technical question was not bad, it was an easier form of UTF-8 encoding problem on leet code. Then I was invited to the onsite interview, which had 3 rounds: algorithms, system-design/open-ended, and debugging. The first round was a bit challenging, and I took a couple hints to come to the most efficient solution, which might have been why Palantir did not move forward with me. Second round was an open ended problem and the goal is to cover the problem in as much depth as possible, which was easy in my opinion. Third round was debugging and they try to see your approach and how accurately and efficiently you fix the bad part of the code.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA, but the problems were not really hard in my case. Leetcode mediums   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter over email, got a phone screen with a pretty simple algorithm question, then an onsite

Overall, everyone was very nice and responsive. Only bizarre thing was that after my 3 scheduled onsite interviews, I had an additional interview with a hiring manager where they mentioned they were going to consider me for the product engineer position rather than forward-deployed (which is what I wanted).

I'm a bit confused why they had me meet with a hiring manager (which not everyone did) and moved around my application just to reject me.

Interview Questions

• 1 systems design, 1 algorithm, 1 for debugging & optimizing an existing codebase   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in September 2017.

Interview

The HR was very very very indifferent and didn't care what I said. I thought she had decided to not consider me before the phone screen because I can really feel the indifference at the first time I picked up my phone, it made me feel so uncomfortable. She was rude and impatient to break my conversation at last while I was telling her about my project. Worst experience ever!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• What project do you find most boring?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.