Palantir Technologies Palantir Path Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Palantir Technologies Palantir Path Interview Questions

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

3.4

Palantir Path Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

1 technical assessment - they sent out an assessment (which is pretty typical)
After completing that, they sent out an email to schedule 3 technical interviews, which were all back to back (3 hours)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Palantir Path Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2019.

Interview

I submitted the essays for the path internship and was selected to complete the coding challenge. I was able to complete most of the challenge and was invited to an onsite in Washington DC.

The onsite was very fun and they had a travel agency take care of everything. In addition, they put all the interviewees in a nice hotel nearby. I was able to answer most of the questions (they were at a challenging, but approachable level) and had a great time talking with all the employees. I was rejected the week after.

I am a little disappointed by the "path" program. From what I understand, the program is for students who have not had a traditional path into CS; ie minorities and students new to CS. However, most of the students at the onsite were not minorities and were from the top and ivy universities. I was rejected on the basis that they wanted to see more out of my technical skills, even though I am strong in my abilities and was able to do a pretty good job in the interviews. It doesn't add up that I got rejected for not being perfect in coding skills for a program to help students that are not as experienced. So beware, they are not completely transparent in what they are advertising.

Both the coding challenge and technical interviews comprised of a technical question, a question where they provide a new topic and you have to show that you can learn the topic and apply it, and an open ended question. They also sprung a surprise phone screening in there before the onsite, where they asked some hard questions about "why I would chose Palantir over other companies" and similar uncomfortable questions. They also added an additional technical interview after the 3 scheduled technical interviews onsite. It was a lot.

Palantir Path Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Applied online and was put in contact with a recruiter through a friend of a friend etc. Got the HackerRank and was told about a week later that I would not be going to DC for onsite

Interview Questions

• Series of coding challenges plus one random question at the end. Could choose whatever language you wanted   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then got an email for the HackerRank. After hackerrank, I got an email for an onsite interview at Washington DC. Flew all the way to Washington DC and did 3 rounds of interviews. One coding, one learning, and one software decomposition, behavioral questions were mixed in before each interview. Mid-interview they escorted out half of the candidates, while the other half continued on with interviews + the facility tour, I found this to be pretty BM.

Application

Interview

Applied online. Process started out with a 3 hour coding challenge. After a couple weeks received superday invite in DC. Three technical interviews each by different engineers with time for questions. There was a product demo over lunch which was then followed by a final non technical interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Q: Turn an integer input into its equivalent string of words   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

There were 3 essays to submit and then I got a hackerrank after a week or so. Passed 3/5 on the hackerrank and was then invited for an onsite. Onsite had 3 interviews, one coding interview, one system design, and one just a general interview where they taught you SQL and asked you questions. I didn't do so well so they didn't schedule any more interviews that day. Pretty good experience overall and the engineers were really professional and enthusiastic to have you.

Interview Questions

• Return a string word representation of a 3 digit number   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Wrote 3 500 word essays and sent in a resume through their online portal, then I had a technical interview on hacker rank, then an onsite interview in Washington D.C.

Interview Questions

• 3 hour online interview using arrays to read in input and correct typos to match data   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.