Palantir Technologies Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Palantir Technologies Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

A contracted recruiter called me for a phone screen. I landed an in person interview and met with 4 - 5 people back to back. Nice office with tight security and people can bring their dogs to work. Free snacks. The job seemed intense and stressful because of internal processes, not because it actually is.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer had different random questions. Some were good and others, were nit so good. No consistency across questions from interviewers makes it hard to measure candidate capabilities and fit if questions are not the same and on a point scale. Very long interview 4 hours, was drained after.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Arlington, VA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview with another recruiting coordinator. She had a lot of questions about my experience and was very thorough in digging into my background. She also went very in depth about what the day to day of her position was and was up front about what made the job challenging and what made it enjoyable. My only feedback would maybe be to try to speed up the interview process, we talked for 25 minutes before I was able to ask questions and I had a lot - she had to get off the phone before I was able to ask all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you get into recruiting? Why are you looking for a new position? What is your favorite part about recruiting? What is your least favorite?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It started with a phone interview. After the phone interview, they flew me to New York where I had 2 days of one-on-one interviews (7 total, each lasted around 30 minutes). It was definitely a lot of talking, but everyone was engaged and kind.

Interview Questions

• If you weren't looking for recruiting positions, what other kind of job/field would you be interested in?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in July 2017.

Interview

I began the process of interviewing for a Campus programs role. Then they filled it, and asked me if I was interested in interviewing for a RC in Palo Alto so I did. Then they filled it. Finally, I was asked if I wanted to interview the RC role in New York and they invited me onsite for the four interviews! Although, I didn't get the position my recruiter was amazing and I love everything Palantir stands for. They just wanted a little bit more experience for them to hire me!

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online via Palantir's careers website. I was contacted one business day later requesting an interview. The recruiter I was in contact with said a different recruiter would conduct the interview (a phone screen) in a few days. The phone interview lasted for 35 minutes, and was really difficult. The interviewer asked a lot of very negative questions (below) and asked random questions about my LinkedIn that didn't apply to the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you really failed?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you’ve found it difficult to work with someone.   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time when it was really stressful at work…   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this job?   Answer Question
    • What work are you most proud of / what is your most proud accomplishment?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. After expressing interest, I emailed her my resume and we scheduled a phone interview to further discuss my skills and relevant experience. Another phone interview was scheduled with the recruiter's colleague a week later. The process was very efficient and the recruiter was really friendly and supportive.

Interview Questions

• Questions from phone interview #2 were mainly about my most recent position. The person interviewing me did not seem interested in my past experience even though they were relevant to the position. Vague questions were asked but the interviewer wanted a very specific set of answers and seemed very unhappy that I did not answer them to her expectations.   2 Answers

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

My experience was poor, mainly because of bad communication. I had 3 pre-screens. Each session had to be rescheduled at the last minute (the company's availability changed not mine). For the pre-screens the RC told me who I would be speaking with. I did my research in advance, but each time I picked up the phone it was not the person the RC told me to expect.

After jumping through the pre-screen hoops I was finally invited onsite to Palo Alto. I was excited to see the campus, but even the check in process was sloppy. That set the tone for the rest of the day.
    From the time I checked into the lobby I was told had to go upstairs to the third floor and check in again. I did. The second receptionist asked if it was easy to find the building. I said yes, but that I was concerned about the parking limits. She said I should have asked for a pass. So I looked at her awkwardly and asked "where can I find one?" She said go back downstairs to the main lobby. Really!? I didn't have time to be shuffling back and forth so I left it alone. A few minutes later my first interviewer picked me up.

I had a series of 4 30 minute back to back sessions. Each session consisted of the same questions and scenarios I experienced during my 3 rounds of pre screens. If these people prepared in advance and talked to one another they could have gotten a more holistic view of my background and goals. I hit it off well in 2 of the sessions, thought one of the recruiters was mild, and realized 3 minutes into my session with the University Recruiting lead that it wasn't going to work. The session with the Uni lead was uncomfortable because the woman talked down to me the entire time. She remarked that it's hard to be an RC and that less than 10% are of any value. I asked what criteria she uses to distinguish an adequate RC from a great one. I believe this question offended her because her demeanor changed and she started acting defensive. She said she is qualified to discern a good RC because she was a phenomenal one earlier in her career. I wasn't looking to question her judgment, I asked because I was genuinely curious what it takes to go above and beyond at Palantir. Anyway, the rest of the session was tainted. Given that this woman esteemed herself highly I knew her bias would cost me.

One more word of caution, the RC won't tell you how long you will be onsite. They just tell you what time to get there and to plan on staying all day. I missed a full day of work when I could have taken 4 hours (2 hours of interviewing plus drive time).

Interview Questions

• What is your long term goal professionally? Why Palantir? How do you react under pressure? What do you do when an interviewer cancels at the last minute?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Referred to the role and had a quick phone call where the woman was nice but judged me for not being as Type A as she was. I sent her my resume and then didn't hear back for a while and then got a generic rejection. My interviewer also did not really want to answer the questions I asked.

Interview Questions

• How would you perform if something didn't go your way? How would you think on your feet?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Interview

Was submitted internally by a current Palantir employee. Had phone screen with Recruiting Coordinator at Palantir. Asked basic questions related to the role and my applicable experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Palantir? What do you know about Palantir?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

Swift and easy. I had applied here in the past but failed to get a response. It seemed like a fantastic place to work and i was looking for a new challenge.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.