Palantir Technologies Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Palantir Technologies Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

2.7

Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

It was 3 rounds in total. Recruiter, senior Team Member, then on site with 3 team members (one being a manager). The recruiter one was comfortable and relaxed. The recruiter was nice and friendly. The second interview was a little more behavioral-based. The last was a little more situational and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• One of the developers on your project has a moral issue with the potential solution. How would you get him on board?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in March 2020.

Interview

I underwent the Initial Phone Screening with a recruiter. I did not make it to the next round of interviews for the position. Come prepared to answer all basic interview questions for the initial phone screening. The interviewer was very good at their job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why did you leave your last job?
      Why do you want to work for Palantir?
      (Other questions were based on things I mentioned in these three. The conversation would look different for you)   Answer Question

Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a Zoom video call with an SRO (both 1-on-1). Then, the on-site process involved 3 back-to-back interviews (1-on-1) with SROs. I did not make it past the 3 on-site interviews.

Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

I made it through four phone interviews before I was told I wouldn't be a good fit. While they were quick to respond and the turn around between interviews was short, I felt it was an opaque and long process. Most of the questions were behavioral questions and scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagree with a superior and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviews were structured and well organized. Coordinators were helpful and took care of scheduling logistics and everyone throughout the process were responsive.

If you're thinking of joining Palantir, I would recommend it.

Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I'm currently employed as a Project Manager - loving my job and have great salary and benefits. I'm not actively looking for something new. Palantir contacted me via LinkedIn.

The recruiter and interview scheduler were very friendly and organized - great first impressions. The first interview was a phone screen/interview with the recruiter - went well. Second interview was a phone interview with a current New York Site Reliability Operations Analyst - went very well - he had great questions and we talked for 1.5 hours - I was inspired and interested at this point.

Third interview was a series of one-on-one on-site 30 minute interviews (they flew me to DC from NYC because the managers for NYC sit there) with four people: one more Site Reliability Operations Analyst, two managers, and the director of the department.

This last series of interviews turned out to be a big mess. It felt as if only one person read my resume ahead of time and two of the four people I met with were late to meet with me (so, our half hour together turned into 20 mins). Everyone I met with was generally friendly but seemed super stressed out. Positive side note: the offices were really nice, lunch is provided, and there isn't a dress code.

Further description of why this last series of interviews wasn't great: the group hadn't prepared anything substantive to really determine if it was a good match - and they almost ironically 'interviewed for cultural fit' - using casual conversation - which I enjoy but we didn't talk about anything work related so I left without a clear idea of what I'd actually be doing there - even after trying several times to find out more. I asked one person to describe a "day in the life for this role" and he simply replied, "the job is too variable to answer that question" and cut me off - kind of baffling since this is a really common interviewee question that most people are prepared to answer with common tasks of the position.

Lastly, the KICKER - this same person asked me what job I was interviewing for - I almost thought he was joking. Yes, he was doing a quick hello to meet me and determine overall fit - but this kind of basic prep is required in my opinion. Someone needs to remind him that his team is emailing people on LinkedIn trying to fill this position - I would recommend he come prepared - people aren't knocking down the doors to work for you! He was quite pretentious - really a downer and poorly represented Palantir.

I left the interviews feeling a little deflated about Palantir. If an offer came - I was prepared to simply max out the salary to an amount I couldn't refuse. For me to leave my current job (Project Manager at a profitable/stable/major NYC company with sweet benefits) would require a huge increase over my current salary to justify the obvious stress and poor management.

Later that week - the recruiter was very kind to call me personally to let me know it wasn't a match and gave me some feedback about why - he said the team really liked me overall but two of the interviewers said I tried to drive the conversations too much and that this might not be the right kind of person to put in front of their clients.

Palantir - thanks for contacting me - and I'm sorry it didn't work out!

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest weakness?   1 Answer
    • Prepare for not having strict questions - the team didn't really ask me anything substantive about my experience or skills.   1 Answer
    • What is important to you about project management? Describe your PM style.   Answer Question

Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (McLean, VA (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

I was sent a request via Linked-in to chat with a recruiter about Palantir. After responding, it took a couple of days of rescheduling before actually talking with the recruiter. After discussion my experience, she suggested I would fit in the Site Reliability Operations Analyst position. I had a phone interview with one of the current employees in the SROA position . The interview was short, approximately 15 minutes. I was asked general questions about my current position and what interested me in Palantir. Two days later I was set up for a second phone interview. The interview lasted about the same time. Same general questions. Next day received rejection letter mentioning my skills did not match.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would direct a customer to pick up a ladder.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working 70 hours in a week.   Answer Question

Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

After two phone interviews with very friendly individuals at the Palo Alto office I did my third interview (for a separate position than initially interviewed for) with someone at the McLean, VA office. Let me start by saying that the first two interviews were very straight forward and very nice. A few technical questions that were pretty easy to field followed by questions based around my work ethic and working as a party of a team. This was very encouraging because I am looking for a position that is geared more toward good work environment and good products, rather than politics and pay. The Palo Alto office seems like a very enjoyable place to work that is focused on its most important assets, its employees.
    The third interview with a McLean representative was quite the opposite. There were no technical questions and the interviewer seemed to have a very elitist personality. The interviewer had very little structure, he seemed to ask random questions but did not know what answers he wanted, and every question had a response of "Can you elaborate?" no matter how in depth I went. The few questions I asked were not answered such as, Q:“How is the office environment in McLean as opposed to Palo Alto?” A:“It’s an office environment.” After six minutes the interviewer abruptly stated that he had to go and hung up on me. Honestly, I would not want to work in that office after that interaction. But should I relocate to CA again one day I would definitely try for a job at the Palo Alto office. I honestly believe that Palantir has a great product and in general has a good work ethic based on the research I conducted while interviewing. Palantir is going places and would be a fantastic place to work… with the exception of those that are full of themselves.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (London, England) in April 2020.

Interview

I applied online. Although I applied for a job in London, the recruiter called me from the US using a US phone line. The original attempt didn't go through with my usual mobile phone number but I had a spare number (from another company) handy and that went through. The call was 30 minutes long with standard questions. The recruiter chose to refer me to the hiring committee who ultimately rejected my application. No feedback given.

The process was overall positive although I would've liked to understand the rejection. The recruiter I spoke to told me that I can reapply in 6 months for the same role or another (if I think I'm a better fit in a different position).

Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

I got contacted over LinkedIn and had the first interview within a week after the contact. It went very well and the interview was easy going. We proceeded to the next interview which was a Skypecall. It turned out that I was not that fitting to the position afterall.

Interview Questions

• To mention one of my most difficult situations with client in my past jobs.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.