Palantir Technologies Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Software Engineer Intern

Palantir Technologies Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

3.6

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Apply on University job board. Got an email to do the code challenge. HR gets back the next day and schedule an phone interview. Another phone interview and then the thank you letter. The two interviewers were nice and walk me through the problem. But I didn't figure out the second problem(run out of time).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

A recruiter wrote to me on LinkedIn about job offerings. I decided to go forward with an internship application. During the process I talked with three different recruiters -- all of them were very kind and one of them invited me for an 1-hour lunch/tour.

I got a technical phone interview. I didn't get the impression from the interviewer that he wanted to do interviews and he may not have done a lot of interviews. Maybe he was as nervous as I was, I'm not sure.

I ended up using Java even though I was told by the recruiters that I could use any language (I specifically asked about C++ and C#). I have no problem with Java programming but at the time of the interview I hadn't used Java for a year. I did okay on two questions and wrote a solution for another question that I improved with a few hints. In the end I asked standard questions about culture, etc. But also a more bold question about his impression of the handling of the NSA/Wikileaks cases. Those issues means a lot to me.

A day later I got a standard email from Palantir (not from any of the three recruiters or from a physical person!) telling me that they didn't see my experience/skills fit the position. I think that was very unrespectful. When I (and one of their engineers) use 45 min for a phone interview, I think the least they can do is to use 3-5 min to tell you why they didn't see you fit such that you can improve, etc.

I wrote to one of the recruiters about it and after a few emails I got more details. While I don't agree on all the points, I was satisfied to get an explanation. The explanation from the recruiter made this a neutral experience instead of a negative one.

Interview Questions

• Not anything fancy. First/second year CS algorithm questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Had phone screens and onsite interviews. While both were technical, the phone screen was a lot more intense than the in-person interview. They were both entirely algorithmically focussed and for some odd reason.

The on-site interviews were all coding-based – they asked me questions that looked initially easy but blew up in my face, and questions that were just hard from the beginning. I had to ask for help for at least a quarter of them, and the interviewers also helped me debug 2 of them. I couldn’t answer one. I must say that it was, though grueling, an interesting, and in some ways, a fun experience.

Interview Questions

• Cannot say because of Signed NDA   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Met the recruiter at my university career fair. After a short talk I was told to take the coding challenge. Bombed the coding challenge, was followed up by a phone interview. The phone interview went great, and I got the concepts and the programming question correct. The guy seemed to really like me. 2 hours after the phone interview I received an email saying they didn't want to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Write a minPeak function for a stack (function that returns the minimum element in the stack).   3 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at a career fair and then set up a phone interview - I thought it went well but no offer. They only asked one very basic question which I fumbled on (thinking that it would be harder) and was turned down a day or two later. Bottom line for college students applying for internship positions: don’t get freaked out by how hard everyone says the interview is.

Interview Questions

• Design a function in your favorite programming language to convert a camelCase string to all lowercase.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a phone interview.

There was three questions on the phone interview. They went fairly smoothly. A few hours later I was contacted about flying out for an on site interview.

The onsite interview consisted of three one on one interviews. Each one lasted about 30-45 minutes. A few of the employees took me out to lunch and I was shown a demonstration afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Find the largest possible difference in an array of integers, such that the smaller integer occurs earlier in the array.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

I was initially contact by recruiter via email to give me information on a position that I may be suited for. From there, a phone interview was set up. This interview was a standard HR interview, with a few average level technical problems. The interview process and next step were explained. Process and contact was slow and took a long time.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty simple, standard algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Interview Details – Two phone interview

Interview Questions

• Interview Question – two algorithm questions each phone interview. Two of them were a bit challenging . One of them was : given a value k and an array , design an efficient algorithm that should output the number of pairs that sum up to k. They wanted a n log n solution, wich i provided, but I wasn't handy with the implementation. We spent several minutes with questions like why would you want to work for us? or how did you heard and what you know about us ?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Interview consisted of a 45 minute technical phone call on algorithms. There was no coding part in the first round. Palantir is known to be hard so I sort of went into the process a nervous wreck.

Interview Questions

• What is the time complexity to find the median in an array?   4 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.