Palantir Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Palantir Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in November 2020.

Interview

First round interview was with a 3rd party company. 2 minutes intro of CS background. 10 minutes answering algorithms questions. 40 minutes coding challenge. Coding challenge focused on handling data and using specific data structures like dictionaries to produce results.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was very long. The hackerrank wasn't too difficult but it took a long time for them to respond even with a full score.a a a a a a a a

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Simple phone screen with popular leetcode question. Interviewer proceeded to try to optimize my code in the middle of me solving the problem. I have no idea why an interviewer would not just let a candidate work and instead force minor modifications in the middle. Easily the worst interviewer i've ever had. Please step up your training

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

I first submitted my resume and answered some questions such as why I wanted to work for Palantir. I then had a technical assessment on HackerRank that tested DFS/BFS algorithms applied to a matrix.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Online Hackerrank after applying online. Unfortunately, I never got past that stage, so I have no idea how the rest of it goes. But, the first stage was arguably the hardest hackerrank exam I've ever taken. Good luck!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn. Technical phone screen 1 week later. Final round consisting of 3 interviews, all covered behavioral components, 2 were coding questions and the last focused on OO/system design.

Recruiter chat and technical phone screen were fairly standard. Palantir is kind of weird in that they have a second round of 3 technical interviews before finally conducting an interview with a hiring manager at a later date. I guess it's not worth the hiring manager's time to talk with you until you've passed the technical bar.

The coding questions were fairly standard although one ended up being pretty rushed since the interviewer arrived 15 minutes late only leaving 15 minutes to code so I was unable to finish the question. The system design question was a bit odd since I was asked to dive deep into OO design and implement classes yet the interviewer seemed disappointed that I didn't spend as much time on infrastructure, again the interview was rushed <30 minutes. I felt I could have demonstrated much more given even 5-10 more minutes.

All in all, the technical questions are fairly standard for the industry although I believe Palantir could probably get a higher fidelity read on candidates' technical abilities by allocating a bit more time to technical sections of interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

coding challenge, then recruiter call. never had such a terrible experience talking to a recruiter before, as she was very rude. she did not have a deep technical understanding as she confused ml infra with ml. does not seem to be a great place to work if the recruiter is representative of the culture

Interview Questions

• Why are you interviewing for such a diverse set of companies? What kind of engineering are you interested in?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

First was a short behavioral phone screen, then technical phone screen through Karat. Questions were LC easy. Moving to onsite, started with a company intro before 3 interviews. System design was okay, no very complex requirements. Debugging was quite straightforward, used provided IntelliJ and Java environment. Coding round was LC medium, no advanced ds or algo required. The people were very friendly in general.

Interview Questions

• Consider a simple card game where the winner of each round is whoever has the highest card after drawing from top of hand. On ties, draw 4 cards from hand and compare 4th card. Round winner takes all cards on table. Players lose when they have no cards, down to one winner. Implement game.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

First is a screen about why you're interviewing. Then there is a coding interview screen. Next, there is another coding interview. At the end, there is a superday with more coding.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

HR phone interview -> Tech phone interview -> Onsite

Smooth experience. All the interviewers were nice. They treat you really well. Good flight and hotel. Very responsive and nice to candidates. Strongly recommended. Hard interviews.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.