Palantir Technologies Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Software Engineering

Palantir Technologies Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

3.5

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Applied online. Received an online coding assessment a few weeks later. Coding challenge focused mainly on 2D Array dynamic programming. Really helped having path-finding algorithms on deck before hand. All things considered, it wasn't all that terrible of a coding assessment. Received a phone-screen after the fact.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2018.

Interview

The application consisted of three essays which were all generic HR questions. Then they sent me a three part, three hour coding challenge that involved 2d lists and an optimization problem.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I did an online coding test sent form Palantir after my applying. It's a programming problem and it's very difficult, I didn't pass all the test cases, but I past majority of them. The next day, an hr contact me and want to give me a hr talking interview. We chat on the phone, and asked me a lot of behavior questions. I answered not very fluently. And that hr told me will send my resume to the teams, they will see if there is good fit. And after two days, I got a thank you letter.

Interview Questions

• Do you like the company that you did your internship? What kinds of things you like or dislike?
      Any specific example? Did you got a return offer?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the internship on the website. After 2 weeks they answered me by an email with a link for a code challenge on HackerRank. The challenge wasn't so hard.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in September 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a recruiter, who set up a phone interview with an engineer. Interview was about 45 minutes, with the first 20 minutes being the recruiter asking about my background and interest in the company. Progressed to a coding challenge on HackerRank, which wasn't too difficult. Answered the question successfully, but didnt get an offer. Looking back, could have made a cleaner implementation of the answer.

Interview Questions

• Implementation of an interpreter for a small language that does multiplication / addition / etc   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was asked to do a coding challenge, which I had heard would be quite difficult, but was actually fairly straightforward. Then got asked to do a phone screen. The phone screen was a somewhat difficult problem, but I managed to find a constant time solution with very little guidance from the interviewer. I coded it up fine, and he commented a couple of times about my coding design choices. I thought it went pretty well overall, but I ended up getting rejected a couple days later.

Overall a positive experience and a nice interview. He also talked to me about what projects he worked/was working on, and they seemed really intense and cool. I would've really liked to work there. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of runtimes. Every time I proposed a method, they asked me what the runtime would be.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and waited a couple of weeks. Then I received an email for a coding challenge with one problem in 90 minutes. The problem is hard and I didn't come up with the optimal solution. A few days later, I received the reject email. It is so far the hardest problem of all my interviews.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Troy, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked questions on the spot in the career fair. Asked about how to check if a palindrome can be built from an input of letters. A palindrome is a word, phrase, number, or other sequence of characters which reads the same backward or forward. They do give out some pretty nice merchandise.

Interview Questions

• You have two glass bottles that will break if dropped from a specific floor between 1 and 100. Find the most efficient way to find out which floor will break the glass.   7 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

The recruiter head hunted me through LinkedIn. They gave me a one and a half hour test on Hackerrank. The test was pretty difficult but was doable in 90 minutes.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by recruiter to attempt 1.5 hr online coding challenge on HackerRank. Finished it and passed most of the test cases provided. Contacted 2 weeks later for a phone interview. Asked me a questions about finding duplicates in an array and then incrementally modified it to make the problem more difficult by finding duplicates in an index range and in a value range. Solved them with some hesitation but went ok overall.

Recruiter scheduled me for a second interview for the next week with another engineer. This time the entire interview was dedicated to coding - no chit chat. Asked a question about parenthesis matching and finding the minimum number of edits to balance parentheses. This was harder since there was no clear algorithm to approach this but just some general intuition to what constituted an unbalanced string. Solved it with some hints from the interviewer giving examples where my solution so far wouldn't work and so on. It took me longer than I would have liked. Also was expected to actually produce working code which scanned input and printed out statements since HackerRank lets you run the code in-browser.

Was promptly rejected. Not surprised. They have somewhat difficult interviews. Google was harder conceptually, but Palantir cared more about details. I was also never clear as to what position I was applying for. There are several engineering intern roles - full stack, backend, front end, FDE, etc.

Interview Questions

• 2nd interview about producing working code that identifies the min. no. of edits needed to balance a string of parentheses   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.