Palantir Technologies Wordsmith Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Palantir Technologies Wordsmith Interview Questions

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

3.3

Wordsmith Interview

Interview

Had to complete hacker rank online writing challenge. Was given four days to complete and 24hrs from opening time but encouraged to complete it in two hours. They're mostly (but not exclusive) Technical Federal roles regarding contracts/proposal acquisition and coordinating. Basically a company that contracts with the Federal government will need to land contracts in order to get paid/funding/fiscal awards,etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Wordsmith Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2016.

Interview

It was weird. I had a business analyst interviewing me for a marketing role. I got the email about a week after I applied online and the dude called me 10 min late. The guy sounded rushed and asked a bunch of generic "personal fit" questions. I wasn't really psyched to work there, so I didn't prepare as well as I should have.

Interview Questions

• 1. What about the website do you think could be improved?
      2. Describe the internet to someone who had been in a coma for 30 years.   Answer Question

Wordsmith Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview. Interviewer was nice and relaxed. At first questions were easier like how did I find out about Palantir, what do they do. Was asked to do an elevator pitch. Interviewer was accommodating to my questions. My answers rattled off a little bit in beginning and could tell it made interviewer impatient.

Interview Questions

• Q: What did you do and learn from your last job?
      Q: Give an elevator pitch of what Palantir does
      Q: Describe the cloud to someone who has been in a coma for 30 years   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

a number of screening calls with HR, then a full day interview "on campus" with timed writing tests, and multiple sets of interviews with team members - a few focused on experience, one (over lunch) focused on fit, one a bit of a logic test to see how you solve problems. The number of interviews along with the writing tests made for a long day

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the Internet to someone who had been locked in a cave since the 70s and had just emerged in today's world?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

After my resume was submitted by a Palantir employee, I heard nothing for 2-3 weeks. The person who submitted my resume had to send several emails to the recruiter to find out what the status was. Approximately a week later, the recruiter finally called me, but my resume had been routed to the wrong recruiter, so I was interviewed for a Platform Technical Writer. Not a fit.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked: I'm thinking of a number between zero and infinity. Explain how would you guess my number.,   3 Answers

Wordsmith Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2015.

Interview

I got in touch with Palantir for an informational interview. I submitted my resume through the recruiter I spoke with. Three days later I got an email from a different recruiter asking for my cover letter and two writing samples. One week later I received a rejection email from their hiring department and if I wanted they would keep my resume on file.

The recruiter I spoke with said that the interview process usually takes about a month if you make it to the phone interview. She said that there would be a writing exam as well in order to test your writing abilities. I was disappointed that they rejected me, but it sounds like Palantir is going through a bumpy phase.

Wordsmith Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2015.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly. Talked to Zach and Jessica and both were very responsive and interested in what I had to say. Emails were very quickly responded to and everyone was very professional. They passed along my resume to the right people, which was Erika.

Erika was very prompt as well and was kind enough to let me arrange a time in which I was available. When time came for the interview, that all changed. She seemed like she needed to be somewhere else. Kept interrupting me during my answers and didn't respond to anything I said. She either wanted very direct answers or was distracted. Overall negative experience through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself.
      What is a hashmap and what are the advantages
      How would you describe how the internet works for someone who doesn't know what it is.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application through a friend who worked there. I fairly quickly (the next week, I think) heard back and they set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. He was nice, though he seemed kind of hurried. I'm sure he has to do a lot of those interviews, so maybe he was just pressed for time. But it kind of felt like he must not have been terribly impressed by my resume and he was, consequently, not terribly interested in my responses. I got a rejection email shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Given your background, why do you feel like you'll do well at this job?   Answer Question

Wordsmith Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

I had 1) phone interview with a more senior member of the Wordsmith team, 2) timed, written exercise, but did not make it to the 3) on-site interview. The phone interview was pleasant: interviewer asked me about my research experience and told me about the position. The written exercise asked me to write an email about a new software to the Palo Alto police department; create an "alternative" resume on a Powerpoint slide; and explain a process or invention of my own.

Interview Questions

• Imagine I (i.e., the interviewer) have been living under a rock for the last 30 years--describe the Internet to me.   Answer Question

Wordsmith Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in April 2015.

Interview

After applying, had a 20-30 phone interview. Standard questions about myself, why I wanted to work there, etc. For the next round I had to submit a writing sample within one week based on awritten test that was emailed to me. Question revolved around explaining how a product of theirs could be helpful to a potential client of our choice.

Interview Questions

• I had to explain what a database was to someone who wasn't familiar with computers.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.