Pareto Law Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pareto Law Interview Questions

Interviews at Pareto Law

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pareto Law in March 2020.

Interview

Quick and semi-easy! There are two phone interviews and one in-person interview! The phone screenings last about thirty minutes comprised of questions and getting to know you as an individual.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pareto Law (McLean, VA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Pareto Law was a middleman to be interviewed by a different company. The interview process consisted of 3 phone interviews, a personality test, then an all-day group interview with an elevator pitch, group activities, etc.

Interview Questions

• What makes you passionate about sales?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Was a group of about 35 candidates. First did a Q&A with the Head of NY offices. Followed by group activities and a 3 minute pitch. We were analyzed on our competencies and then Pareto selected who they perceived to be the top candidates.

SDR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pareto Law.

Interview

We had an initial interview which took around 10 minutes, then scheduled a formal interview which took about 15 minutes. It was very professional and easy going. I have been invited to assessment day

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pareto Law in October 2019.

Interview

This was a couple months ago, so maybe the process has improved since. They called and sent me and email after I applied to one of their open positions. Guy was courteous and professional, all was going really well. He seemed excited about my application and wanted to move me to the "next phase." That phase was to be a GROUP interview in their office... like a cattle call of sorts. Maybe I misunderstood him too, but the whole group was going to be there for about FOUR hours in the middle of the day. So red flag - they don't interview and hire for one specific role even though that's what they make it seem like at first. They are just trying to get people in the door to build up their roster for clients. No legitimate job interview is going to make you come in for a GROUP interview, let along for several hours. Needless to say I said I couldn't make it to that and dropped them as a potential job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• They were pretty standard and vague (i.e. what's your background in sales?).   Answer Question

Pareto Law Response

10 Dec 2019 – Content and Social Media Manager

Hi, thank you for your review. It is a shame to hear you decided not to attend one of our assessment days because of the group nature of the start of the day, followed by 1-1 interviews with clients. We run assessment days out of our Wilmslow and London offices weekly and give interested graduates the chance to meet with our clients who are hiring for positions in their companies. Many graduates that have come through this process have secured positions with leading companies in the UK and beyond and have gone on to enjoy great career success and progression as a result. We do understand that this style of interview might not be for everyone and we wish you all the best.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Brief run down of what the company does and how they operate. What my role would be and how exactly it worked. How the remainder of the interview process would go.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to go into recruiting   1 Answer

Graduate Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was an initial phone screen with the recruiter. Second part was a more formal phone interview with the recruiter, asking about experience and "why sales?" If successful at this stage, you will be invited to a group assessment day.

I was invited to the assessment day and the recruiter was great and extremely helpful in preparing me for the day. When I got to the assessment, the first stage is introducing yourself, choosing a famous person you admire and a non academic achievement that you're proud of. So the person in charge of this, read everyone's names out, EXCEPT mine. I had to put my hand up and say she had forgotten me. This was embarrassing, it was in front of 15 of their clients and around 17 other candidates. Very unprofessional and made me feel very out of place. They apologised but there was no good reason why I was left out.

The next part, we were put into groups of 5/6 and had to pitch and defend our famous person to stay on a raft. No one listens, everyone just talks over each other. There is no structure or logic. The 2nd task was ranking equipment that was most important in a scenario where you're stuck in space. Again, the group members do not listen and are very fake. I was pointing out mistakes and asked to reconsider the decisions but was largely ignored. You then had to present this back to the other groups.

Finally there is a 3 min pitch to a panel of clients. We were taken in groups to pitch to different groups of clients. The people who were pitching to the same clients as me were all unsuccessful which was strange. Makes me think that they had already decided who should proceed and who shouldn't. The people who didn't get an offer were the quieter people, who actually listened to others and didn't just talk for the sake of it. Also, I noticed that ALL of the people who were unsuccessful were PoC/minority ethnics (although there were some ethnic minorities who were successful). Another thing, I was singled out when everyone did HR interviews, they had forgotten to give me a HR form. I think if you're a loud person you'll get the job, they don't seem to value intelligence or logic here.

Trainee Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

There is an initial phone call to establish contact and then a phone interview will be scheduled afterwards. Then there is an assessment day where there are more interviews and exercises conducted in order to pick the top candidates.

Corporate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

About 2 or 3 phone interviews followed by the assessment day, which is the main part of the process that grants you selection Afterwords you will be linked up with employers.

Interview Questions

• The assessment day is the most important part of the selection process; about 15 or so applicants are split into two groups where you do group activities where Pareto Law and employers judge your character. The 3-minute "sales" pitch about yourself is important as well.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pareto Law in June 2019.

Interview

Interview process was pretty terrible. Asked me one question and said he could not see the core competencies. If you are asked this question make sure you know the five core competences or the interviewer will not move on with your application. If Jack calls you do not even bother he has no idea what he is doing. He asked me to spell my first and last name and he is very unprofessional. Also he describes a different position than what you apply for. He also sent me useless information that had nothing to do with the job but claimed that it did.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.