Pareto Law Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 Dec 2017

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a quick screening call and was invited to participate in assessment day. Assessment day was 5 hours filled with team activities, presentations, a sales pitch to panel of Pareto clients and a 1:1 interview.

I've seen that many have complained about 5 hours but I saw it as a great way to get out of my comfort zone and really see if this was the right direction for me.

I passed assessment day and within a week and a half and 1 interview later I accepted a job offer!

Zach and Sam helped guide me through the entire process and I really can't thank them enough!

Interview Questions

• The team work exercises are fairly straight forward. You can't really prepare for them more than just knowing how to be part of a team.   Answer Question
    • The 1:1 interview is just to give them and idea of your background and expectations. Nothing tricky   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

This is about the assessment day specifically. (In the NYC office)

It's a long afternoon. The office was modern and inviting, and the people were very accommodating. You spend much of the day in a room with 20+ people all competing to be accepted into the agency. There are a few representatives from companies looking for new hires just watching how everyone performs. The Pareto reps push you, and I mean push. You're made to feel uncomfortable quite often (being asked to talk about yourself in front of everyone, having to defend choices you make in front of everyone, having to speak on the spot etc.) but remember this is all for sales roles, so if you can't handle a little bit of pressure, you probably shouldn't be there.

There are three main parts to assessment day; group activities, a 3 minute pitch, and an interview. The pitch and the interview parts are obvious- they want you to give a great pitch for why you should work there, and the interview is about your expectations. The group work was interesting. You work with a group on timed activities that are weird...not at all what you'd expect. They watch how you handle yourself in a group and they watch how you present your findings. The hardest part is when you get someone who thinks the best way to handle group work is to be a huge jerk and argue with everyone constantly because if they don't give you the chance to contribute to the group, you can easily sink into the background and lose your chances at being accepted because you "didn't talk enough." Well of course I didn't talk enough with this fool yelling over top of everyone with every breath he took. You aren't being judged as a group. You're being evaluated individually so you need to make sure your contribution shines despite everyone else.

I describe the assessment day as an afternoon of stress, but it was worth it! You get put into a situation that you've probably never been in before, and they give you feedback on how you did.

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

The Assessment day was fantastic. I met some great individuals and opportunities began to open up immediately. I was offered to interview for a position soon after. Great system, great people.

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Went to the assessment day after being successful on the first initial phone interview. Assessment day was awesome and really gave me a chance to stand out and show the company and other prospective clients what my skills were. Assessment day is about 5 hours long and activities range from a 3 minute individual sales pitch to doing group activities to see your problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths and what could you contribute to this company?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The entire interview from start to finish is weird. A recruiter calls you and preps you for this grand assesment you are supposed to attend with a couple other people. When you get there they split you into groups with other attendees and assign activities to assess your logical and leadership abilities...I guess. From these activities you and your group are ranked. After you are individually called to present why you want to be in sells. The entire process was very uncomfortable for me, as much as the recruiter prepped me for that day, I didn't get why the process was being made such a big deal out of. I'm sure they have something good to offer but the company's process of recruiting people was a bit bizarre to me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales? & Name a non academic accomplishment?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pareto Law.

Interview

Don't even waste your time with this interview. It was the most unprofessional experience on my life. They had use at their office from 8:30am till 6:45pm. They also consistently lied to use throughout the day (you will be able to speak with the staff and ask question...never happened, they sat in an office and ate food the entire time) (their will only be 25 people interview for the job...i show up there are 75 people interviewing) (you will be done by 3:30pm...we didn't leave till 6:45) (they forgot to interview me, and i had to go up to a staff member asking when i would be able to go). I would not waste my time interviewing again through this company for a job, your better off looking through a different agency.

Interview Questions

because how unprofessional they were. Imagine working for them if they cant even interview correctly.

Junior Sales Account Manager Interview

Interview

received a call from this company today. The caller claimed I had applied for a business-to-business sales role, which immediately struck me as strange, as I'm not the kind of person who goes for sales jobs. I assumed there had been some mistake on my part, especially when the caller said I applied for the job on reed.co.uk, which is a job site I regularly use, as it is for many others. He asked what degree I had and what result I received and what attracted me to a sales role. I said there must have been a mix-up on my part - I thought I had applied for a sales role accidentally. But after finishing the call, I logged into my reed.co.uk account and found I had applied for no such job, despite him claiming I had applied 'recently' when I questioned this. Very strange.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pareto Law in February 2014.

Interview

They call you on the phone. you have an 1/2 hr conversation with a representative regarding interview questions. The process took 1 day. at the end of the phone call they praise you with how great your answers are and then invite you in for an assessment day the following week.

Graduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pareto Law (London, England).

Interview

After applying online there is a telephone interview which is fairly straightforward and easy, I underwent mine immediately after the first call so did not prepare or plan yet passed. Then you are invited to a graduate assessment day which involves a self-introduction, group tasks, one-to-one interview and a 3 minute presentation about why you want to go into sales.

Interview Questions

• How competitive do you rate yourself on a scale of one to ten   1 Answer

Bid Writer Interview

Interview

Turned out the job didn't exist and they just wanted you for their recruitment agency. They get paid on commission so invite everyone to the recruitment day. Basically a scam!

Interview Questions

• How would a job in sales suit you?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.