Pareto Law Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pareto Law Interview Questions

Interviews at Pareto Law

2.8

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Went to the assessment day after being successful on the first initial phone interview. Assessment day was awesome and really gave me a chance to stand out and show the company and other prospective clients what my skills were. Assessment day is about 5 hours long and activities range from a 3 minute individual sales pitch to doing group activities to see your problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths and what could you contribute to this company?   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

The Assessment day was fantastic. I met some great individuals and opportunities began to open up immediately. I was offered to interview for a position soon after. Great system, great people.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pareto Law in February 2014.

Interview

They call you on the phone. you have an 1/2 hr conversation with a representative regarding interview questions. The process took 1 day. at the end of the phone call they praise you with how great your answers are and then invite you in for an assessment day the following week.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a quick screening call and was invited to participate in assessment day. Assessment day was 5 hours filled with team activities, presentations, a sales pitch to panel of Pareto clients and a 1:1 interview.

I've seen that many have complained about 5 hours but I saw it as a great way to get out of my comfort zone and really see if this was the right direction for me.

I passed assessment day and within a week and a half and 1 interview later I accepted a job offer!

Zach and Sam helped guide me through the entire process and I really can't thank them enough!

Interview Questions

• The team work exercises are fairly straight forward. You can't really prepare for them more than just knowing how to be part of a team.   Answer Question
    • The 1:1 interview is just to give them and idea of your background and expectations. Nothing tricky   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pareto Law (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Pareto Law hosted the assessment day for the company, which was a day-long event following a phone interview and a Ccat exam online. There were 16 of us at the assessment day. Following a brief presentation from the company's own recruiting team, the Pareto reps began hosting activities for us. We began by introducing ourselves, stating our proudest non-academic accomplishment (this is a place to show some individuality and personality. They can see your resume, you don't need to talk about a volunteer project that you did just to sound better). We also all had to choose a celebrity to represent in a later group activity. We were then dividied into groups of 5 to do two activities. The first was deciding which 3 of our celebrities would get to stay on a liferaft, and which 2 would be thrown off. The next activity was from NASA ranking supplies from most to least useful on a lunar mission. We all reconvened and the results were discussed, and the Pareto reps asked questions about our group work. Company reps were present during the group discussions and results. We then took a break for lunch. After lunch, we all went in individually to give a 3 minute presentation on ourselves to both Pareto reps and the company's recruiters. None of the other candidates were there for the presentation. Following the presentation, they asked questions. We then waited for them to deliberate, and we were called in in small groups to hear the verdict.

Overall, the assessment day was useful to demonstrate personality traits and talents that might not easily be presented in a regular interview, and it streamlines the whole process. You walk out of the day with an answer. A tip would be to talk as much as possible, and ask questions. It's good to stand out. The day is long but that means more opportunities to shine.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

They had me come into their WeWork office in NYC and have an assessment day with about 10 other candidates. There were recruiters from other companies watching us interact and keeping track of our progress as we did group exercises and presentations that we were not prepared for. At the end of this, they had us meet one on one and answer interview questions. By the end of the day, I knew that I was going to be selected to move on to the next phase of the process which was to meet with some of the companies that were present during the assessment day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales? Why should Pareto Law select you? How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

It was an assessment day. There were almost 20 of us who introduced ourselves in front of about 8 business clients from a variety of industries interested in hiring new members of their sales team as well several staff members of Pareto. There were two group activities, one three minute long pitch that was presented to several clients, and a one-on-one chat with a Pareto staff member about the logistics of a career in sales. At the end of the day, those who were offered an opportunity to meet with potential clients celebrated as a group with clients and Pareto staff members.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a career in sales?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The entire interview from start to finish is weird. A recruiter calls you and preps you for this grand assesment you are supposed to attend with a couple other people. When you get there they split you into groups with other attendees and assign activities to assess your logical and leadership abilities...I guess. From these activities you and your group are ranked. After you are individually called to present why you want to be in sells. The entire process was very uncomfortable for me, as much as the recruiter prepped me for that day, I didn't get why the process was being made such a big deal out of. I'm sure they have something good to offer but the company's process of recruiting people was a bit bizarre to me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales? & Name a non academic accomplishment?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pareto Law.

Interview

Process was fantastic, start to finish.

Found Pareto while browsing Indeed. Sent in my application and a day later was contacted by a Business Development Exec. After a few phone screens, I was asked to come in for the assessment day.

While initially skeptical about the process, the assessment day turned out to be amazing. I not only met some awesome, like-minded young job seekers, but built confidence by being taken out of my comfort zone and being thrown into team exercises and pitches.

Following the assessment day, I was eventually sent on an interview with a firm. After a second round interview, I accepted an offer!

The whole process took just under a month, start to finish.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pareto Law (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for the recruiter position through Zip Recruiter. The very next day I received a call from one of the employees who conducted a phone interview. After two phone interviews, I was invited to attend the assessment day. The recruiter who conducted the phone interview was on top of his game. He called me every two days to see if I was doing well with preparing for the assessment day, and also told me exactly what to expect and how the day would go. He did a good job preparing me for the big day.

The assessment day was from 12-6pm and there were 29 others there. The day started off with an assessor introducing herself and telling us about the company, and the day's timeline. We started with briefly introducing ourselves and answering the two basic questions she'd asked everyone, which were "what's your biggest non-academic achievement" and "which celebrity (living or dead) would you want to be. Afterwards we were split into three different groups and were asked to do two different activities. The first activity was that you are the celebrity you'd picked during your introduction, and you're stranded and have a life raft which can only hold 4 people, and you and your group have to decide which one of you stays and which drowns in the shark infested water. You have another assessor watching you during the activities and noting down everything so you definitely have to fight for the celebrity you picked and why they get to stay on the raft. You have 10 mins to complete each activity. After the activities we were taken back to the room and each group went up and explained which celebrity got to stay on the raft, and which didn't, and their explanations.

The last part of the assessment was we were all left to wait in the conference room while the assessors called us out one by one and conducted the five minute pitch. You are definitely being timed during this so you have to do well and not be nervous. After the pitch another assessor calls you into a different room to conduct an interview which is fairly simple. At the end of the day they called on seven of us and took us into a different room and congratulated us on being chosen. Then they assessors took us into a different room where we all interacted with one another and had congratulatory drinks.

Now, the reason why I rated my experience negative is because even after being chosen, Pareto has yet to help me find a job. When we were chosen our recruiters told us the average time it takes for them to help their candidates find a job is anywhere from 9-15 days. My group and I were chosen 1.5 months ago and four of the candidates, including myself have stopped hearing back from our recruiters. We've called multiple times and left messages and no one has reached out to us regarding any new opportunities. They really got our hopes us and guaranteed a career opportunity to each one of us, but after the first 2 weeks of being taken on, they stopped trying. I have called and left messages for my recruiter multiple times and he has ignored each one of my attempts. The two other candidates I have kept in touch with have the same complaints. This is no way to conduct business! We all took out our time to go New York, spent money on traveling there only to be ignored and not have any of our questions answered.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.