PayPal Interview Questions

Updated 3 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at PayPal

HardAverageEasy
Found 1231 candidate interviews

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (London, England)

Interview

I applied and interviewed during the Covid lock down. It was all done remotely from home and it went very smoothly. The HR rep who was looking after me made sure I was updated on my progress on a regular basis. I had 2 interviews and a case study. The process took about 8 weeks but I was onboarded pretty swiftly after that.

Interview Questions
  • Relevant case study and previous experience.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at PayPal (United States)

Interview

The interview was very straight-forward and mainly behavioral questions. I had a phone interview with manager, an onsite, then one final. All 3 rounds were conducted over video call and I'm currently waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
PayPal
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Singapore)

Interview

There were two interviews. The first was a video interview with the recruiter and the second was also a video interview with the hiring manager as physical interviews were not allowed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at PayPal (United States)

Interview

Talked to hiring manager after initial screen with HR. Process went smoothly. Content of tech screen was surprising -- did not seem like a good fit. Overall the interview process took several weeks to get to that point.

Interview Questions
  • What proportion of a massive data set should be sampled with replacement when bootstrapping for RF? How would you identify the strongest/most important predictors of a trained NN?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal (United States)

Interview

30 min around prior sales experience. There was a personality test taken prior. Recruiter didn’t seem to be on the same page as the managers unfortunately. No opportunity to negotiate salary/PTO. Take it or leave it job.

Interview Questions
PayPal
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at PayPal (United States)

Interview

a recruiter contacted me 2 weeks after I submitted my resume. Have two rounds of technical interviews, one hour for each, and haven't heard back yet. Hopefully, I will hear back from them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (United States)

Interview

Got reached out by the recruiter via email to setup a phone screen. Phone screen was just to get a high level overview of the technologies I am familiar with. After that, I had a virtual interview, which was Spring Boot heavy. Then I was ghosted.

Interview Questions
PayPal
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (United States)

Interview

The process started fine with a quick call with Recruiter and other PM from the team. So far, so good. I was given a take home assignment I spent my whole weekend to present on my Onsite. Never doing a free service to solve solutions for the company. Case presentation+ 2 PM interviews + Engg interview Recruiter didn’t give results until I followed up twice. They said the role is for a high level, and they are waiting for a new opening. No response from the recruiter ever since.

Interview Questions
  • Success Metric based questions Product design problem EM wanted to understand communication with engineers through a design question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PayPal (United States)

Interview

Quite an easy interview with basic questions on Data Structures and Algorithms . Some questions on sorting algorithms as well . 30 words minimum? Are we there yet? Yes? Thanks!

Interview Questions
  • What is quicksort? How is it implemented?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at PayPal (United States)

Interview

Coding challenge at first (pretty simple) Behavioral with a team member Technical with two team members Last behavioral with another two team members I think the interview process varies by the team, but it was pretty straight forward

Interview Questions
  • Basic resume question some OOP programming (not much algorithm)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at PayPal (United States)

Interview

For me it was directly from a team required a Sr Software Engineer, First round technical discussion. I got video interview from one of the managers. He asked about my current job and technology I'm working on. After few days I got response from HR saying recruiting was put on hold.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,231 Interviews