PayPal Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at PayPal

1,074 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via Handshake. I sent her my resume and applied for the job online. A month later we set up a 30-minute phone interview. We talked for roughly 20 minutes about the company and what the role involves and then 10 minutes about technical questions.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Standard product manager interview where I met with the hiring manager, engineering team, and director (all 1-1s). They asked questions to understand my experience, product, and a high level technical knowledge to check compatibility with engineering team. Please note that this was a contract position.

Interview Questions

• A time when you used negotiation skills?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was in the store it was quick and the manager was very nice. Although it was my first sales position. I felt that the company was willing to take a chance and invest in me.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

A phone interview, a 45 min technical interview and a 2 hour technical interview with a few Software Engineers. From applying to the last interview was about a 2 month process.

Software Engineer - Java Backend Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

First round is Hackerrank with two questions. One is based on Hashmap and the other one is binary search. The questions are quite confusing and I am unable to complete both at the given time. Recieved the rejection shortly afterwards.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was great. Talked about my experience and seems like the manager just wanted to see what was my background. After that phone screen I got a call back they wanted to offer me a software engineer position. Not technical questions, it was more focused on my background and the technologies I have used.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. I took an assessment that I was given 24 hours to complete, then told I would have 1 interview. I ended up having 3 interviews, each taking around 45 minutes. The interviews were okay, all were technical and get to know me. 2 of the interviewers didn't seem to care and were grumpy. Asked a lot of whiteboard questions.

Interview Questions

• What I know about React, Node, experiences, challenges I've had, how to shift an array or find the needle in a haystack. Questions you can do on leetcode.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal in June 2020.

Interview

Process took around 3 weeks. Recruited contacted me and gave me a coding challenge to finish in a week. It has two questions based on HashMaps. Then, they scheduled an web interview for an hour with team. Team is good and open to hear. They asked me questions on java and web services. Overall i answered ok, but they rejected me and there is no feedback. So i cant say where it went wrong.

Interview Questions

• Merge Intervals leetcode question.
      What is polymorphism?
      What is a deadlock?
      ArrayList vs LinkedList?
      Design RESTful API for fetch, create and update
      Error codes that you send for each failure.
      Challenges of developing webservices.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

First round with a Lead data scientist. Went Well.
    Second round with some Asian Dude who is 'Data Scientist' but was actually a risk analyst. Weird!
    Half-minded questions w/o giving any context - which is usually the their way. Fancy ML words w/o any idea about the details.

Interview Questions

• Feels like all DS teams are completely ruled by asian mafia at PP. Interviews sometimes are mere formality. Careful all folks who want to apply here :/
      For a company, management should take some action. This shameful for the Valley standards.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

After the recruiter chat, was connected with the team with relevant reqs. The interview was relatively simple - after covering a few general concepts in Java the main question for the interview was regarding system design.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.