Payoneer Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Payoneer Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Payoneer

1 Interview Review

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Payoneer in April 2020.

Interview

Initial screening set up with recruiter where he asked a bevy of 101 front-end questions (what's the difference between Java and Javascript, name 5 css properties, etc).
The recruiter screening me had no technical knowledge and continued to say "sounds good to me!" Curious how he properly recorded real time answers if he openly admitted he had no knowledge of anything technical, this was the first red flag.

After passing the initial screening I was set to meet with a director. The meeting lasted about 16 minutes and he abruptly said they will move me forward and ask to complete a take-home. Before the call ended he added "do you mind if I ask a few technical questions?" He proceeded to ask the WORD FOR WORD same questions the recruiter had already asked me. After two questions I advised him that I already received these questions word for word, he said "oh wow, the recruiter copied me I'm sorry." Second red flag.

The take home was a UML Sequence diagram documenting a happy path for Facebook OAuth. Payoneer noted this was a "substantial" undertaking, but would serve as the most legwork throughout the process. After completing this assignment in under 48 hours, I was certain my diagram was perfect and waited for the follow up. No response for over a week. When I followed up again the recruiter apologized and said that he had missed my response in his email..

At this point he took another 4 days to get feedback from the team and given that they were in Germany I needed to make availability in the morning. After making availability I was unable to attend due to a last minute emergency. The following week they had advised an offer went out to someone else.

Throughout this process the recruiter I was dealing with left the company - which explains some of the utter disaster. I began my process on Apr 28th but upon being notified an offer was going out to someone else I was told, "in the last week we've had some good candidates come through." ??? They've since sent me a questionnaire and when they sent it to me they CC'd the recruiter who is no longer with the company (lol).

If you like having your time wasted and asked level 101 technical questions multiple times feel free to apply. For what it's worth, the acquired team in Germany seem like nice individuals.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.