Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Peace Corps Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps in June 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview with PC recruiter in DC. Total interview time was about 45 min and half of the interview was conducted in Spanish as this was a requirement of the opening. I ended up not receiving the offer because they do not allow spouses to travel with the volunteer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict at the workplace and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

2 hour long Skype interview with several sections of questions and time to ask questions of your own. Once completed, medical and legal clearance must be fulfilled in order for an invitation to be granted.

Youth Development Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The interview process took quite a long time - from the time I applied to the time I left for Peace Corps it was about 2 years. However, they have changed the process since then & I believe it is much faster now. The recruiter was friendly & it was over all a good experience.

Literacy Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Online interview with a little flexibility as to when it would occur. I was given a link to open slots and chose the one (within a to-week window) that worked for me.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with being isolated and away from your loved ones for so long?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Remote, OR (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview (via video call) lasted 1.5 hours. Prior to the interview, the interviewer sent a list of topics that would likely be covered. Be prepared for the questions to be very personal and direct.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a significant other? How do they feel about the 27 month commitment?   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist - Office of Inspector General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with three staff members who had similar (or in one case, the same) job titles to the position that I was applying for. Initially the Assistant Inspector General was in the room, but after briefly describing the office, she left. They were friendly and professional, had prepared questions, and at the end were willing to describe their work experiences to me. Lasted about 45 minutes. Contacted me by email within a few days to request a follow-up interview, which was conducted over the phone with a superior.

Interview Questions

• When working on a team, what role do you usually assume?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps in January 2016.

Interview

I applied in mid December 2015- heard back about two weeks after saying I was being looked at for the country of my choice- in that same day I got an invite for an interview. I was told by my recruiter to take the first available slot so i took one that was a week out. Prepared online with those questions on peace corps wiki page. Had a mock interview with my boyfriend and he really prepared me for it. I dressed in a business jacket and looked professional. The interview was normal, they ask you a lot about challenges you have faced, projects you have done on your own, if you can be without your family. The woman was typing my answers the entire time. And she was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a group. What were the outcomes?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

They interview was simple, yet it is hard to anticipate any of the questions. They ask about experience related to work you have to do, I was worried for the things I didn't know but really it is only to know what training you need later. Two people did the interview and each asked the question that fits the kind of our I should do, what can I learn and what the position will add to my experience. It was friendly and nice, nothing to make anyone nervous. They gave me the time to ask questions and it was all answered.

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Interview

I interviewed with a returned Peace Corps volunteer from the country and sector I was being considered for. Basically the interview was broken up into several parts: questions on why I wanted to join Peace Corps, questions about how I handled certain situations, and discussing common issues many volunteers faced while serving. My interviewer was very friendly and informative on any questions I had. At some points, the interview felt very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to fulfill an important obligation but it ended up being harder than you thought.   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps in December 2015.

Interview

Received email to set up interview, made it for two weeks later. Interviewer called and explained how it would. She proceeded to ask multiple questions and the whole thing lasted around one hour.