Penmex Graduate Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Penmex Graduate Management Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Penmex

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penmex (Edinburgh, Scotland) in July 2017.

Interview

After submitting my CV I received a phone call asking some basic interview questions before being invited for an interview with the manager. They were friendly throughout and there was a relaxed atmosphere in the office.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything that you think you couldn't do?   1 Answer

7 Aug 2017 – Managing Director

Hi, Thanks for your review. It's nice to hear your positive comments. We recognise that interview can be very nerve-wrecking experiences and we work hard to create a friendly and relaxed environment where people can excel.

Other Interview Reviews for Penmex

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penmex (Edinburgh, Scotland) in May 2017.

Interview

First a phone call if we could meet the next day. Actually they call me a lot of times without replying so it figured out that the company was really desperate. The next day in person consisted of an introduction of how the company works and very easy personal questions?

Interview Questions

Penmex Response

18 Jul 2017 – Managing Director

Hi, We welcome all feedback and appreciate your review. We recently launched a new project for our finance client and we needed to fill roles immediately, hence the urgency to contact you. We operate a three stage recruitment process. It should have been explained on the phone and in the corresponding email that the initial interview is a relatively informal, get to know you. We are a people business and it is important for us to meet candidates in person, get a feel for their personality and suitability before then carrying out more competency based interviews. We apologise if this was not explained correctly and you were expecting something different. We take all feedback seriously as we are always evaluating our recruitment process and implementing changes to increase the efficiency. It's difficult from your comments to decipher why you felt you had a negative experience. We would be keen to speak to you to find out more information. Please email info@penmex.co.uk or call 07984-320-902 at your earliest convenience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Penmex (Edinburgh, Scotland) in January 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call a few day after the initial online application; was asked a few questions (top three skills, ambitions etc.) and then was told I sounded perfect for the role and invited in for an interview the next day. While in the waiting room the lady at the desk phoned several candidates, giving each the exact same spiel I had received the day before.

The actual interview consisted of a man talking at me for ten minutes, scribbling meaningless diagrams and seldom asking me any actual questions. When he had finished his own spiel he stood up, shook my hand and made for the door. I had to ask him twice to sit down and answer my own questions. He was unable to give me any answers to questions about a standard day in the job, simply repeating that it was an events marketing role serving a whole host of amazing clients etc. etc. He was also unable to defend the company from the (older, seemingly more genuine) reviews on Glassdoor, simply repeating that it was the 3rd best company in Edinburgh to work for, and the subject of salary was avoided completely.

I was phoned later that day with an offer to join the company on an observation day, which I declined The reviews on Glassdoor, mixed with the seeming urgency of the company to hire new exploitees and the interviewer's reluctance to receive or to answer questions ultimately helped make made my decision for me.

Interview Questions

• Very seldom was I asked questions, the only one I can think of questioned how I rated my capability in learning the ropes of the job.   1 Answer

11 Feb 2017 – Managing Director

Hi, We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. It's disappointing to hear about your unsatisfactory interview. It should have been explained to you that the preliminary meeting is relatively informal, consisting of a brief chat to get to know candidates, rather than a typical competency based interview. We don't wish to try and 'defend' ourselves. People are entitled to their opinion and every company in the world will have both positive and negative reviews. In regards to the role, we represent a number of different client's in a variety of sectors, and therefore the job specification for each is different. The purpose of carrying out an extensive three stage interview process is to allow candidates successful at the initial stage to spend a full day observing one of our representatives. During the observation day candidates are provided with a thorough insight into what we do, how we market on behalf of client's, how we speak to and acquire customers, the potential opportunities for development and our goals for the future. Stage 2 is competency based with a number of tasks set throughout the day to allow us to assess candidates work ethic, student mentality and suitability towards the role. Our Director usually conducts the preliminary interview and encourages questions, however from your feedback it's obvious that wasn't the case with your interview. We will address your feedback and concerns to prevent this experience from happening again. Best of luck in the future.

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Penmex (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call a day after I have applied for the position. Invited for an interview immediately.

Due to my background and experience , I got invited for the second round. However, during the interview, I realised it will be a position based on commission , I declined it.

Interview Questions

• How did you spent the last six months ?
      What are your top three priorities ?
      What do you want to get out of this position ?   Answer Question

25 Apr 2016 – Managing Director

Hi, Thanks for your review. We love to receive feedback. It was a pleasure to meet with you, even though the role wasn't suitable. Best of luck in the future!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.