Pentland Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pentland Brands Interview Questions

Updated 15 Mar 2018

3.2

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (New Hyde Park, NY (US)).

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. One of them made a comment and said " It is not a matter of what you know, it is who you know". I should have known then and ran for the hills. I was able to negotiate 5 thousand more than the original offer.

Negotiation

ok

Supply Chain Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a call from the HR Manager 3 weeks after I submitted the application on their website and I was invited for a face to face interview that same week. Everyone was super nice since I stepped into the office and they were very punctual. In regards to the interview, 3 people interviewed me and the questions are standard but they do it in a conversational way so the candidate is not nervous. Great experience and beautiful office with lots of talented people.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with small or big groups of people?   Answer Question

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview with Marketing team leaders and HR Rep. Very highly behaviors based questions according to the resume. The HR Rep was very nice while the Marketing team leader is very challenging.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficulty that you have had, and how to solved that.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (London, England) in March 2014.

Interview

My whole experience at the Pentland Group was disappointing. It was a very vague interview process. The marketing team member and the HR representative conducted the interview. I was told what their problems were currently and I was then asked to shoehorn my experience into the gaps that they faced. When asked to discuss my CV they focussed very much on my first job and not on my most recent and current experience. This meant that I was unable to give the answers I would have liked. When I did try to move it back to my recent experience it resulted in a very jumbled interview.

I do not believe the interviewers knew what they were looking for in a candidate and I felt like I had been waffled at for half the time rather than a conversation about how we can both benefit from bringing me on board. I was the first candidate they were interviewing for the role and I felt like it was a bit of a test drive for them. When I did get my feedback they talked about a different brand to the one I had applied for which again was disappointing.

I have since read reviews on this site about what it's like to work at the company and I feel that they resonate with my experience there. It seems a very old fashioned management style and a lot of people in their jobs because they please the right people rather than being good at their job. I was told that the role was P&C on a number of occasions and fear that the person currently doing the role is going to disappear from the company shortly for "unknown reasons".

It is a shame more people are not writing feedback on sites like this so candidates know more about the experience ahead of the interview.

Interview Questions

• We're organising an event for 3,000 people how will you manage this?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Finchley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (Finchley, England) in September 2015.

Interview

It began with a telephone screening after I submitted my application online. The first stage involved a competency based interview and I was told I'd got through to the second stage the same day. After a presentation and questions during the second interview I was told later that day I'd been successful and was offered the job. HR couldn't have been more helpful and were very communicative from day one. I've also been made to feel extremely welcome already and I haven't even started yet! I'm very excited to begin my new job at Pentland.

SAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (London, England) in December 2015.

Interview

Unorganised, and very long. The interview Started with a technical telephone interview, this was then followed by a Skype interview, and then two face 2 face interview's. the face 2 face include's presentations. An offer then followed.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pentland Brands.

Interview

The interview process was excellent. I was able to meet 5 members of the team before even starting which meant I felt very at home on my first day. The interview went into a lot of depth about my previous experience and was quite tough but the interviewers made me feel really comfortable at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you demonstrated real courage in your work?   Answer Question

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a 3 part interview, I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted to arrange an initial telephone interview.
    The telephone interview was very relaxed, I felt completely at ease and the questions were quite standard around my current role and experience. I was then contacted within a few days about coming in for a second interview.
    The first face to face interview was with the recruiting HR Business Partner and the second HR Business Partner, again, I was put completely at ease and felt very comfortable. The questions were both CV based and competency based, and I was given a lot of opportunities to ask and learn about my potential new team.
    There was a few weeks gap between the first face to face interview and the second, but the Resourcing team touched based with me regularly to reassure me the process was continuing. I was called the night before my second interview by the Resourcing Manager which was fantastic and gave me the opportunity to ask any questions I had.
    The second face to face interview was a role play, where I was placed in a situation where I was required to advise a line manager. I was given clear instruction and plenty of time to prepare, and there was no hidden agenda - it was simply to see how I would advise.
    I was asked some further questions around my experience and then had the opportunity to meet my potential direct report, and the lady who was currently in role. This was very relaxed and informal and ended the interview on a high.
    I was kept in the loop for the next 3 days around the process and the Resourcing Manager provided such great support during my decision making. I was then offered the role the following week and provided all the offer information and details within a really quick timeframe.

Interview Questions

• Looking at your current role and what you've gained, what is the one thing you'd like to take away from this job that you haven't yet learnt?   Answer Question

PA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

Found role on the company website where you then are required to submit your CV and personal information. Upon receipt of this, I received an email to arrange a telephone call to discuss the role and to arrange an interview. Very quick process which was great! I had my interview less than a week after this telephone conversation and within two weeks (the interviewer had a holiday booked just after my interview) I was told of the outcome but I did receive a follow-up phone call a couple of days after my interview where I received feedback. Really friendly process and fantastic speed of application process.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (Blackburn, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy , was asked general questions by 2 people who made me relaxed.I was told a week later that everything was fine but they had found someone with more experience than me . However a few days later the same job was advertised again ! I expected at least some honest feedback for not being offered the position .

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.