Pentland Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pentland Brands Interview Questions

Updated 5 Sep 2017

Supply Chain Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a call from the HR Manager 3 weeks after I submitted the application on their website and I was invited for a face to face interview that same week. Everyone was super nice since I stepped into the office and they were very punctual. In regards to the interview, 3 people interviewed me and the questions are standard but they do it in a conversational way so the candidate is not nervous. Great experience and beautiful office with lots of talented people.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with small or big groups of people?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (New Hyde Park, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a recruiter who sent me to the Employer. That same day, I met with H.R. Department and shortly after met with Executives. I was hired during the first interview.

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview with Marketing team leaders and HR Rep. Very highly behaviors based questions according to the resume. The HR Rep was very nice while the Marketing team leader is very challenging.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficulty that you have had, and how to solved that.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (New Hyde Park, NY (US)).

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. One of them made a comment and said " It is not a matter of what you know, it is who you know". I should have known then and ran for the hills. I was able to negotiate 5 thousand more than the original offer.

Negotiation

ok

Brand Activation Executive/Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Long and tedious. I initially applied and interviewed for a brand activation executive role in April. Following the second interview where I delivered a 20 min presentation, I followed up 3 times via email and called for feedback to be finally told they had filled the vacancy internally, fair enough. Two months later I get a call for a similar position and went through the same process, presentation etc. I’m still waiting for feedback and have found HR to be extremely unprofessional. If I have been unsuccessful with my application, I should be informed in the correct manner. Ultimately, this is a blessing in disguise, if this is how the company operates then it is not somewhere I want to work.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got invited to take some online psychometric and personality tests. After getting through these I heard back pretty quickly with an invitation for a video interview. I'd done all the preparation, learnt about the brands and company values etc. but as anyone who has done one of these will tell you when the questions appear you often need several seconds to think about what example you can use etc. Having done one of these for Amazon already, I thought it would be fairly straightforward. However they give you only 15 seconds prep time for each question (half of the time Amazon give you) which is barely enough to work through the question in your head. Not only that but then the system/program they were using crashed and I had to email the recruiter asking for another link. I then had to start from scratch.
    Nonetheless I thought I had done fairly well, at least on par with Amazon (to which I was invited to the next stage), and received an email from the recruiter saying that they were looking forward to watching them all and I'd hear back early next week as the assessment centres were in roughly 2 weeks. After waiting about a week and hearing nothing I logged on the online portal through which I'd initially applied. I then discovered on there that my application status had changed to "interviewed, not selected" and they hadn't had the courtesy to drop off an email to unsuccessful candidates.
    Didn't really enjoy the process and although I was initially extremely enthusiastic, I have to say I don't think I'd apply to the company again in the future.

Interview Questions

• There was a question relating to choose one of our brands and talk about the relevant customers.   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Finchley, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (Finchley, England) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruitment process from start to finish was really friendly, clear and organised. The assessment day involved an informal short presentation, a group exercise, a short financial task, lunch with the current graduates and individual interviews. From the moment I walked through the doors I was made to feel welcome and at ease. I really got a sense of the company’s ethos, working as part of a family, in a creative, engaging environment. Regardless of the outcome this whole process was a really valuable experience and I would recommend giving it a go.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you have had to communicate in a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (Blackburn, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy , was asked general questions by 2 people who made me relaxed.I was told a week later that everything was fine but they had found someone with more experience than me . However a few days later the same job was advertised again ! I expected at least some honest feedback for not being offered the position .

Facilities Helpdesk Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. The process took about 4-5 weeks.

A member of the HR Dept initially contacted me for a brief chat before arranging an interview with the hiring manager.

HR were great, constantly in contact to update me with any development, they even came to see me on my 1st week at work.

Interview Questions

• Quite relaxing and made me feel really comfortable. Started with a brief chat about my work history and the company then through the usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Category Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pentland Brands (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Online application, brief chat with HR on phone (who were lovely), then invited to interview.

However once I arrived to the interview, everything was very vague. Felt like I was there just to fill spaces, and they had perhaps already found someone.

The Interviewer explained the role in more detail then asked if that is what I had expected - when I said yes, they seemed confused! Was also told to feel free to ask questions throughout, yet when I did was asked if I could wait for them to finish speaking! Also was odd to be asked about experience starting with the least recent.

Stunning HQ but slightly disconcerting how long the travel takes from central London, and nothing else around the offices at all.

Received no feedback on how the interview went.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.