Pepperidge Farm Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jul 2015

2.8

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Descent interview, nothing out of the ordinary. Looking back now on the interview some red flags I missed. The management is about the management. Not a team environment. Every man for themselves. What have you done for me lately.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience? Asked about customer client relationship.   Answer Question

Manager, Cost Acct & Finl Analysis Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm.

Interview

Very thorough interview process, full day session of interviewing with several plant management staff members. Phone interviews conducted for first round with plant controller and corporate finance vp, more conversational. 1:1 interviews were more formal, with managers asking suggested questions from a predetermined list. Worked with recruiter to negotiate acceptance/offer.

Interview Questions

• what was a project or assignment you completed that made a substantial impact for the company or your team?   Answer Question

Route Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

On campus recruiting with 3 Pepperidge Farm employees. Very laid back enjoyable conversational interview. Was given Goldfish and Milan cookies after. Had one interview and was passed to the next round where I went on a ride along with the manager to get a better feel for the job. Total interview process was quick, about 10 days.

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm.

Interview

Initial phone screen with hiring manager discussing my background, qualifications, the role and the company. Followed the next week by in person interviews with the hiring manager and 2 additional team members in a one day, 3 hour process.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard behavioral questions for the role. Most unexpected (and, in my opinion, most inappropriate) questions "What did your father do for a living?" followed by "and what about mom?"   2 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm.

Interview

I applied through my colleges recruiting site by submitted my resume and then got a notification that I received an interview. I picked my interview spot and then just waited for the day to come. I had to dress business professional. I walked into the room and he handed me a bag of assorted Goldfish and Milano cookies. From there he just asked me about 5 or 6 questions and that was it!

DSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

very professional process. Pleased with the interviewers and their questions. Basic interview questions. After they asked me questions, they allowed me to ask questions and they spent awhile answering my questions which certainly was appreciative. Great process, hope to hear from them regarding the DSM position.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected but the question, tell me about the time and how you handled an irate customer. Situation, action, and result.   Answer Question

Business Program Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Norwalk, CT (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied to this internship through my colleges job listings site. I was initially contacted by phone and a phone interview was set up. During the phone interview I was given an overview of the position and asked a few generic interview questions. I was then told that Pepperidge Farm would like to invite me to an on-campus interview. During the on-campus interview I was given a problem and asked to write down step-by-step the process I would go through to solve the problem. The problem was to plan a friends birthday party with a number of given constraints. I was then asked a bunch of "What would you do...." and "How would you handle..." questions. Following this interview,I was invited to a team interview at Pepperidge Farm HQ. This part of the interview was more of a formality and meet and greet to ensure that I fit in with everyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate a wage increase. They insisted that my wage was competititve.

Ingredient Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Norwalk, CT (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Was called by staffing agency one week. They submitted my resume and then called me to say that the hiring manager wanted a phone interview with me. Had a phone interview one week then face to face interview the next week. Was offered the position the following week.

Weekend Sanitation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Denver, PA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

I went through the careerlink office in Lancaster City for the application. The interview was like any other normal interview.

Interview Questions

• I'm sorry but I am unable to remember the question I was asked during the interview. I suppose I might say that they would ask you about a difficult decision you were faced with and how you handled that decision.   1 Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Stamford, CT (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Fairly standard cpg marketing interview questions. Came in for a LONG panel interview day. Met with 7 people for an hour each. Spoke with the a range of people: new products, category managers, brand managers, brand directors, and people currently at the associate level. Overall it was a positive experience, however one director was condescending regarding my choice of business school and due to the fact that I did not have "traditional" (ie kraft, p&g, etc.) cpg experience. In the end they said I was not selected because I did not have product commercialization experience and they had no interest in training me. I suppose they could have saved the $3K they spent on my travel and accommodation (not to mention our time), by simply reading my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you commercialized a product.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.