Pharmaceutical Product Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pharmaceutical Product Development Interview Questions

Updated 12 Apr 2018

2.9

Associate Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleton, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Middleton, WI (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online had was contacted by HR for a Phone interview in less than a week. Had the phone interview where she informed me that my years of experience do not qualify me for the position, even though from their job posting I did qualify. She told me they lie about years required to increase amount of applications so they can try to get you for less paid roles. She was talking about offers that would be around $17/hour.

Terrible approach to get new hires.

Validation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Middleton, WI (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I talked with a recruiter about the role, then interviewed on campus with four hiring managers for 45 minutes each. Most of the questions were behavioral except for a few problem solving questions.

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Richmond, VA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The process didn't take long. I first interviewed in the Vaccines department after a 30 minute phone screening one week prior to my in-person interview. Interview was on a Friday, with a no offer response on wednesday the following week. However, I emailed HR asking the lady to give me any advice as to why I did not get the job. She gave me advice and also set me up for another interview with immunochemistry. I got an interview Wednesday, did well and was offered the job that same week Friday with a start date in two weeks.

The questions were mainly behavioral. My first interview had one technical question about ELISA process. Second interview did not consist of any technical questions. I interviewed with 3 people each 45 minutes long. Everyone was nice, casual and offered me something to drink or breaks if I needed any. No tour of the lab as it was not necessary to do so for my position.

Take away from my mistakes in the first interview is: Make sure you are only interested in the position and being with PPD LONGTERM! All in all, a great experience ESPECIALLY the fact that HR is very quick to respond to any questions I had.

I look forward to starting! :-)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took on more than you can handle?   Answer Question

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I was initially contacted over the phone by an HR recruiter where she asked me questions regarding my resume and then she proceeded to set up an in-person interview. I had my interview a few days later that same week. The interview was mostly behavioral based and consisted of me answering numerous questions with three separate interviewers individually in three different rooms.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond your intended job scope.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Middleton, WI (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied via a referral from a friend who works there. After a brief phone interview/discussion with HR, during which we discussed open positions and how they align with my interests, I was brought in for an in-person interview on the campus. I interviewed with four different supervisors individually; each interview was about forty-five minutes.

In-person interview was fine. The questions were almost exclusively behavior based (if you go in with STAR in mind-- situation, task, action, response-- you'll do fine). I was not asked any technical questions regarding my science or industry background. The interviewers were very relaxed and friendly; they were happy to laugh and joke with me, and seemed genuinely interested in who I was a person. An offer was extended to me the same week that my in-person interview occurred.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed to meet a deadline, and how you responded to that situation.   1 Answer

Assistant Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview

For the most part, the company was not very open about the hiring process. I applied for two different positions and I heard back about one within a week but the second one I never heard anything about and it has been close to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience lead to you finding an interest in this?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview

I submitted an application online and had a phone interview within a couple weeks. I had an in person interview a week and a half later and met four supervisors for the department. They had a number of formal questions each but were overall very laid back and seemed genuinely interested in my background and what I was looking for in an employer. I was offered a position within a few business days, but it did require a background check, credit check, and drug test first.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview

It is a 3 part interview. Each interviewer will ask you questions that may be similar to the previous interviewer. Depending on the position, the people interviewing you may not even be your supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why should we hire you?
      Can you give an example where you gone beyond the scope of your work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview

The interview process was simple as I interviewed with all of the finance managers. The finance managers were very nice and forthcoming about the position. They were easy to work with and thoroughly responded to all of my questions and concerns.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background and prior experience.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Madison, WI (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

They called me phone interview it was out of no where because the found my resume on indeed so I just wanted to check it out. It was a phone interview that lasted only 30 min I haven't decided whether I want to accept or not

Interview Questions

• If I was interested it was a temp job   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.