Pharmaceutical Product Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 22 Jun 2018

2.9

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Went on for almost 2 months...nothing unusual except the amount of time it took and then they gave me a different job then the one I interviewed for . It was a panel and the did not seem very prepared and let me lead

Contract Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview

I was flown down to Wilmington, North Carolina to interview with three people. I was surprised because I did not have a screening interview and they flew me down based upon my resume. The interview was typical STAR and I felt that it went well. However it took PPD one and half months to tell me that I did not get the job only after I followed up with them twice .

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation when you were at a stalemate in negotiations?.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview

Call back after submission of resume, phone screen, call back to set up F2F interview, panel style with several people in person and two on phone in conference room. Questions were about experience and situational. Lasted about an hour. Everyone was extremely friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• They ask they typical questions you get in an interview:

1 - give me a situation when...
      2 - strengths/weaknesses
      3 - why do you want to work here?
      4 - any questions for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is just about nonexistent. Even with experience, it depends on who the hiring manager is and they don't often move much from initial offer to final offer.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

PPD conducted a phone based interview, split into 3 seperate parts with 3 individuals, for a period of about 45 minutes each. The entire phone interview lasted about 2 1/2 hours. I was asked numerous questions and was afforded the opportunity to ask any questions that I had. The interview behavioral evaluation questions are all "STAR" questions (Situation, Task, Action, Result), designed to elicit a response from you that requires you to think on your feet. All interviewers were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you missed a deadline and how you handled that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with HR then three people via teleconference due to their respective locations. The interviews lasted 45 minutes each. They used the STAR method in asking questions. Interviewee should be familiar with past experiences in their workplaces and how they overcame and succeeded in various situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was so well-aligned no negotiation was necessary.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Morrisville, NC (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with HR. I was then invited to the company to interview with 3 people. One face to face and the other 2 by phone who were located in the Wilmington, NC office. Had to wait over 30 minutes for the first interviewer to be ready. Interviewers were all very friendly and polite. gave plenty of time to answer the questions and offered a glass of water and asked if I wanted to use the bathroom before the interview started.

Interview Questions

• Interview was based on the STAR model- situation, task, action, result. Tell my about when.......   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone screen followed by a face to face interview

The interview was a Targeted Selection Interview
    It was with 3 different people and tool about 3 hours.

You should be prepared to provide situations about your experience.

Everyone in the process was very nice and they all seemed really excited to work at PPD.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions can be searched on the internet, they are all situation based questions.

Tell me about a time when you over committed to an internal or external clients demand, what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Contracts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Raleigh, NC (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied for the contracts analyst/specialist position online. I received a call back fairly quickly after applying(probably 2 days) and the phone interview/screen occurred right then. Wasn't as if I had time to schedule and prepare. I did not move on to the next round, I didn't have the clinical research experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly screening questions asking if I had any experience in the clinical research field   Answer Question

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Madison, WI (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Great experience, interviewed with three people from department, many behavioral based questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had many tasks to complete and how you completed them?   1 Answer

Assistant Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview

Initial phone screening (15 minutes), On-site interview with 3 employees (~45 minutes each), never heard back from recruiter

Interview Questions

• Provide an example for when something didn't go your way. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.