Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1,281 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Test Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied through university. Got a call in a week. One HR round followed by technical round. Was interviewed by a team of 6. Really helpful and sweet team members.

Interview Questions

• Resume and background related questions. Show you have skillsets that are aligned with the role.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

In person meet and greet, followed by a phone interview, then in person case interview where you are asked to size a market and come prepared to present the analysis. The whole process took about 3 months from the meet and greet to the offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical market sizing case interview question during the first phone interview. ex. What's the market size for residential light bulbs in a town of 100K?   1 Answer

Manager, Quality Systems Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips in May 2020.

Interview

I only did a phone screen but was not selected for the next round. I applied at the beginning of March 2020 and had a phone screen in early May. I didn't make it far enough to provide any additional feedback but wanted to share that it took a couple months to be contacted from time of application submission. Not sure if that is typical or if the pandemic slowed anything down.

Interview Questions

• It was a typical phone screen asking questions about your experience and the role. Looking back at my interview, I realize my mistakes.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Very simple. Everyone was very friendly. Phone interview only lasted 15 minutes with the hiring manager. Had four different half hour interviews. Process was quick and decision was made quickly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips in April 2020.

Interview

I applied and got a call back within a week from the recruiter. The recruiter asked a few questions and scheduled a phone interview with the department lead (they normally do in person interviews I applied during COVID19). The interview was fairly easy she asked me maybe 10 questions and let me know I would hear back from the recruiter. The recruiter called me the following day with a job offer. I will note that their background check process is extensive and thorough.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (Baltimore, MD (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

After applying online, I spoke to an internal recruiter for a phone screen. Afterwards, I spoke to a manager about my experience and was given a coding exercise to complete. I was then invited to an in-person interview. The first part of the interview was a Q&A with a panel about my resume. For the second part, I was presented with a laptop and told to complete several coding exercises while one developer was present in the room. The development environment on the laptop was poorly prepared and I had to assist the interviewer to get it running. After about a week, I was told that I did not get the position since the interviewers did not understand my solutions.

Interview Questions

• Write a Python application to parse and aggregate a JSON object.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by an HR rep. We did a short phone screen and then I did a 30 minute phone interview with a hiring manager. The hiring manager asked some tough questions but was friendly and told me a lot about the position. He also gave me feedback at the end of the interview which was very helpful. They seemed to want to move quickly through the process, as I live in the city where the position I applied for was but they only did phone interviews before selecting a candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you showed leadership and follow through?   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philips in February 2020.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Philips and they were extremely friendly and the interview was relatively easy. They really care about your passions and interests rather than your experience.

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Interview process was conducted by recruiter and then had to construct a presentation for a panel interview. Panel interview conducted by Senior Managers and their technology was clearly misrepresented during this process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I had a phone interview. This interview did not feel particularly warm. It was most probably because my first point of contact was not a recruiter whom you usually talk to first before talking to the main engineering team. It felt like an interrogation.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips in January 2020.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen and then 2 phone interviews that went well with current employees (one who was in HR and another who worked in SC), pretty standard stuff to that point. But then I had a 3rd phone interview with who I believe would have been my boss had I received an offer but my god from the start to finish he just made it clear that he didn't want to hire me and was just beyond unprofessional. He had called 10 minutes late without even acknowledging it and just sounded uninterested during the entire interview like he had somewhere else to be (which he clearly did because the call ended when it should have, despite the late start). At times I genuinely thought I could hear him snoring while I was answering some of his questions and for the majority of the questions that I asked him, he answered with 1/2 words or "I don't know". I was a little happy in the end to not get an offer knowing that I'd be reporting to him and would definitely consider applying to Philips in the future if the right opportunity arises since everyone else who I spoke with was more than happy to answer anything. That being said, for the sake of the company and his department I really hope they stop letting that guy conduct interviews.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.