PlayStation Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

PlayStation Interview Questions in London, England

Interviews at PlayStation

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation (London, England).

Interview

Applied online. Had a call from a recruiter, a call with the team lead and an onsite consisting of 3 different interviews. One was with other data scientists where I was presented with a short data science problem where I had to explain what I did and my rational. I also chatted to the lead data scientist who asked questions about why I wanted the role etc. and a more relaxed team fit chat with other team members.

Interview Questions

• A short data science problem where I had to explain what I did and my rational.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PlayStation (London, England) in May 2020.

Interview

Online interview during COVID-19 lockdown.

Fairly standard interview with a Director of Data Sciences, covering background, projects in my current role, and theoretical questions around how I would tackle certain problems.

Told I'd hear back within a few days. After a week I followed up with the recruiter and was told I'd be contacted once there was feedback, and never heard from them again.

R&D Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PlayStation (London, England) in May 2020.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to interview around 2 months later. After chasing multiple times I was told someone else would contact me who didn't. It has been 3 months now since. I eventually got an email saying my info would be removed from the system so I assume I didn't get it. Extremely rude and unprofesional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied via a recruitment agency and was invited to a one on one interview at their offices in Soho. It was quite relaxed, had a great chat, didn’t get through to assesment day.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PlayStation (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

Its face to face interview round ,and than there was another round of interview on the system where I was asked to solve a problem and than there was a General round where the manager spoke for 15 min

Interview Questions

• As a test Engineer how would you solve conflict between a tester and developer   Answer Question

Advanced Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PlayStation (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

You will get first phone call with manager where he will talk about business and will see if you would fit into the them.
    The last interview will be coding interview. They will want to see how logically you think and how much of C++ you know

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PlayStation (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

I wasn’t contacted again despite being told by the recruiter I'd progressed to the next interview stage. Reading through this page, it seems to be a common experience with PlayStation.

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PlayStation (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

1 x interview with 2 managers.
    Went through job spec and CV.
    Discussed work opportunities and what analysis I could bring to PlayStation and what market awareness did I have that could help the company

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your source information   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (London, England).

Interview

I got approached by a recruiter on behalf of Playstation with regards to a Product Management position with specialist technical aspects in their London office (can't give out more specifics). The interviews were easy, typical product management, prioritisation etc, nothing special. Two rounds: One with product people and one with technical people. During the process my main hunches were: 1) The place and people did not have a happy vibe/atmosphere. 2) Strangely, I was more technical than what the technical people seemed to like, kind of the opposite of what you would expect. At some point in the process I was told that I was one of the two finalists but in the end I never heard from them, they just disappeared into thin air. I find it particularly disrespectful when a company approaches you (the agent acts on behalf of them), you allocate time from your busy schedule to interview with them and in the end they don't bother to finish the process like any descent company would: communicating the result and feedback. You don't want to work for such kind of a company. In fact, looking back, odd signs had started from the very beginning, when the recruiter started negotiating the potential salary from the very first call.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritise product features?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Slightly odd at the beginning as there was no job spec(!). But a good initial phone chat with the extremely friendly hiring manager laid out the main details of the role.

Next stage was a take-home test focussing on data science/table query type stuff, in SQL and then Spark. Plus a rather bizarre/contrived unix shell scripting question that took quite a while to unpick.

In hindsight, should have focussed on the 3rd question, the Spark section, first as it was a single bug in the last (and hardest) part of that section that apparently lead to my rejection.

Having spent around 6 hours in my spare time completing the test, it would have been nice to have received more than one small piece of feedback, but that's how companies seem to treat potential employees these days. In fact, getting any feedback at all should count as a plus, sadly.

Overall probably the right result for both parties; the take-home test implied they are looking for a data query engineer whereas my background is more in mathematical algorithms, machine learning and software architecture.

Oh, and when the hiring manager tells you there's no rush to finish the exercise, and the rec agent tells you there is - probably best to ignore the latter and test your results more thoroughly in the extra time you've given yourself.

Interview Questions

• Work out what a seemingly bizarre/contrived unix shell script does, re-write it more simply to still do the same bizarre function.   1 Answer
    • Sessionise a large batch of web usage data in Spark   1 Answer
    • Diagnose what's wrong with a given SQL query using groupby and join   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.