Plymouth University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Plymouth University Interview Questions

Interviews at Plymouth University

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Plymouth University (Plymouth, NH (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

There was a panel of 5 people from the University. It was intimidating and very hot in the room. I could not recall every persons name. I could not focus on the questions and hesitated with some of the answers. I was able to ask them what my challenges would be and about the office environment. Everyone was very nice and accommodating. There was much laughter when I said I would be taking my daughter away on vacation was one thing I was sure to be doing within 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plymouth University (Plymouth, England).

Interview

Questionnaire application which needs to be filled online. Questionnaire involves questions on team work customer service etc. Shortlisted candidates are invited to a group interview. The interview is judged by 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Questions where you have to think on your feet. After providing details of a course the ask how would you explain a specific course to a prospective student? A group debate.   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Plymouth University (Plymouth, England) in May 2019.

Interview

it was a nice experience, the interviewers were nice they made me feel welcome. They asked a good few questions including ethical questions, there were also questions about personal experiances

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plymouth University (Plymouth, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Online application with CV and personal statement. Called to interview within two weeks. Interviewed with project lead and two colleagues. Project lead asked most of the questions. Mainly on my previous research and background. Called the next day with offer.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Plymouth University (Plymouth, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I faced a panel of three members: two academics and one HR. They took turns to pose questions. Friendly atmosphere.
    Unfortunately I was interviewed through Skype and the audio wasn't great, I guess their microphone had problems; but I was abroad and they hadn't offered to cover travel expenses, so it had to be through Skype. Anyway I don't think that influenced much the outcome. The interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed about my skills and past experiences. Th process appeared smooth and fair. No tricky questions or personal questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plymouth University (Plymouth, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I have only completed an online application which included a few interview questions. The questions were relatively easy to answer, the hardest being on customer service. A good knowledge of the University is important.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Describe a situation where you provided good customer service
      Q2: What services does Plymouth University provide?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plymouth University (Plymouth, England) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview split into three parts, firstly we all sat down and the marketing team asked everyone to stand up and answer one question they gave to us. Then we had to get into groups and do a little presentation on selling one of the courses (that none of us were on) to perspective students. Lastly we had to do a debate and the topic was simple cats vs dogs, you had to pick and side and then argue as best you could.

Interview Questions

• It was something like whats an important element of being a student ambassador   1 Answer

Building Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Plymouth University (Plymouth, England).

Interview

Thorough interview focusing on technical knowledge and experience. Second interview required to further assess experience in a particular field. I had scenarios given to me and had to answer responsively to give them my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the University   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plymouth University (Plymouth, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief, informal, easy, 1 to 1, in the ground floor of Roland Levinsky Building, straightforward. All you need to do is undertake some basic preparation and you should be fine. It's probably worth making an effort to look smart at the interview. I have met student ambassadors who aren't perfectly fluent in English, so don't worry overly much if English isn't your first language. If you don't get the job, reapply next time and you'll probably get it then, unless there is an obvious problem. They can take a while to get back to you, so don't worry if you're waiting for a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Student Ambassador? Why do you think you'll be good at this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered me a job, I accepted it. The rate of pay is fixed.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plymouth University (Plymouth, England) in April 2016.

Interview

I got the interview email and was informed that I will be given a task on the day of the interview which I will prepare there within a given time and then present my answers in front of the interview panel. On the interview day I went to the place and met the person in charge and she was very nice and friendly. She gave me my task details and a computer and 30 mins to prepare for it. It was related to the job position. After that I met the interview panel which had 2 people and I presented them my answers. They then asked me question regarding my answers and few more related to the position. It was a good discussion. But unfortunately I didn't get the offer. Most questions were technical questions related to the research and data collection.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.