Portrait Innovations Studio Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Portrait Innovations Studio Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Portrait Innovations

2.0

Studio Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Cary, NC (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job on indeed. Received a phone call about a week later asking if I’d like to come in for an interview. Once I got there I filled out the application which basically just asked basic information, education, and work experience. After filling out the application I waited for about 20 minutes while the manager helped a family pick out portraits. It allowed me time to relax and get a feel for the atmosphere. When the manager was done she came over and we began the interview right there out in the open, there was no office or interview room. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and overall gave me the feeling I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a photography studio?   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable working with children and the mentally ill?   Answer Question
  • When was a time you were faced with a difficult task and had to overcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Portrait Innovations

Studio Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Huntersville, NC (US)).

Interview

There was a phone interview and then an in-person interview. Both were with very nice people. The interview took place in the studio where someone was taking photos and another was selling them to a customer. Looked like a clean and nice environment.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with taking pictures of a two year old?   1 Answer
    • Name 3 of your strengths
      Name 3 of your weaknesses   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Got offered a different better paying job.

Studio Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stow, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Stow, OH (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an answer within a week. Interview went smoothly (took about 10 minutes) and was told I will hear back soon. Got a call an hour later to offer me the position.

Studio Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations in October 2016.

Interview

I was emailed several months after applying. I honestly couldn't recall when I'd actually submitted my information. The email stated the possibility for an interview and to call for more information. When I called, the in-person interview was set for about a week later. They said it would be at least a week before getting an answer, however, I received an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to role-play and "sell" them something you have on your person i.e. purse, scarf, pen, etc.   Answer Question

Studio Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Toledo, OH (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute interview, one on one with the branch manager. I was asked pretty in-depth questions about how I would deal with customers and children, a lot about up-selling (as thats a huge part of the job).

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, time and a half for extra hours, benefits, possible advancement if you are willing to relocate.

Cons: Its seasonal, and you get no vacation time around any holidays. They call it a black out period. I was told to expect long days around the holidays (14-16 hour days). You're expected to work weekends.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset child/how would you get them to concentrate?   1 Answer

Waiting to hear back.

Studio Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations in May 2016.

Interview

I had been contacted by the corprate office, they had explained the job details, followed by some questions. Once they got the information, asked if I would like to come in for an in studio interview. The office had email me the formal application to fill out prior to the interview. I arrived to the interview a few minutes early, they took me in right away gave me a paper to fill out. I was interviewed by two individuals, in the front of the store. It was a very comfortable interview.

Studio Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA (US)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (West Des Moines, IA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very basic run of the mill questions about why I would be good for the job. When I arrived for the interview I didn't wait more than a few minutes. Once it started the interviewers were friendly and very willing to answer the questions I had. Overall a very positive experience

Studio Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Columbia, SC (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, Call to confirm and set up date, One on one interview, Very short and straight to the point, Very few interview questions, Basic Interview questions, Not looking for you to have Photography experience but it is a plus to have that. Drive on sales and customer service also being willing to learn new things

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer, how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Studio Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was short and straight to the point. I was asked a few basic questions. The upper management seemed friendly and like they were really interested in past experiences and eager to get me on board. The studio was small but nice and they had no problem showing me around and walking me through the basics of the operation.

Studio Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job and heard back about a month later. The interview was easy; got there a little early and my interviewer was late (she was still on her lunch break). Went through all of the motions, had the job outlined and was given a brief tour of the studios. I had the misfortune of doing my interview in while they had customers in the studio. The photos were amatureish and the staff seemed more concerned with making the sale. I later found out that the studio pushes REALLY hard for high sales averages from associates with steep consequences when they don't meet them.

Interview Questions

• The one question they seemed keen on getting from me was how I handled children.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.