Potter Clarkson Trainee Patent Attorney Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Potter Clarkson

4.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Potter Clarkson

Trainee Patent Attorney Interview

Interview

Sent in speculative application, recieved call back asking me to come in for an interview. Interview was 3 hours long and consisted of 4 parts. A nice informal interview with HR. A technical interview where I was asked extremely difficult questions related to me degree. A second technical interview which was very similar to the first. And finally a critical thinking and verbal reasoning test on a computer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Potter Clarkson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Potter Clarkson (Nottingham, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Friendly partners, involved a few waffly questions with a HR before the proper interview with the partners then had a verbal reasoning test online. This is to just make up the word linit

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Potter Clarkson (Nottingham, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied in the Winter '17. Interviewed at Potter Clarkson a couple weeks later. A further interview subsequently followed. Offered the position soon later, accepted. Staff friendly, good working environment and vibes.

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Potter Clarkson (Nottingham, England) in August 2016.

Interview

The first round interview started off with an informal chat with HR about my background and experience. I found it a really good experience - the person I spoke too seemed to be genuinely interested in me as a person and was keen to put me at ease.

After the discussion with HR, I had an interview with three senior Patent Attorneys in the department which I was applying to. As part of this, they asked me various technical questions, some of which were quite open ended and others which were more closed. Like many people, becoming a patent attorney was a second career for me, and since I had been out of university for quite some time, I really struggled with some of the closed technical questions. Fortunately, the interviewers were all really nice about it, and didn't really seem to expect that I'd know all the answers.

I also had to undertake a couple of aptitude tests, including correcting a letter, writing a description of an objection, and carrying out a verbal reasoning test.

I was then invited to a second round interview, which felt much more like they were trying to assess what I was like as a person, and whether I would be a good fit for the team. As part of the interview, I had informal discussions with a number of senior members of staff, and had the opportunity to go out for lunch with a couple of trainees so that I could ask any questions about what it was like as a trainee.

I was offered the job shortly after the second round interview. Overall, although the interviews were quite tough, everybody was extremely friendly and I found the experience very positive.

Interview Questions

• To describe my university research project to both a technical and non-technical audience.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.