Primark Trainee Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Primark Trainee Buyer Interview Questions

Interviews at Primark

2.3

Trainee Buyer Interview

Interview

There was a video interview to get through to a shortlist (which I'm guessing is Primarks talent bank). Recruitment has been put on hold due to Covid-19. There were 4 questions, but I could only remember 3! I have been put through to the next stage.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Primark

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Primark (Reading, England) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the beginning of January and then received an email at the beginning of February asking me to come in for an interview at the end of February. I had to prepare a SWOT analysis of a chosen product area to take to my interview. When I arrived the lady who was interviewing me took me into a room and told me I would be doing a timed maths test for 30 minutes. Luckily I had revised for this and it was mostly percentages, ratios and other GCSE type questions. It was about 5 pages long and I didn't actually finish the last page but I was confident I'd got the questions I had completed correct. When my interviewer returned I presented my SWOT analysis to her which took about ten minutes. She was lovely and made me feel very comfortable which helped. After that we went through my CV and any relevant experience I had. She asked me what I thought the role of a trainee buyer would entail, what department I would ideally like to work on and a few other competency based questions. Overall I found it a positive experience but I was unsure whether I had done well enough or not. I was told I would hear back within 7 to 10 days.
    The very next day I had an email thanking me for attending the interview and that they would like me to meet for a second interview with the buyer on my favourite department.
    This interview was less like a traditional interview and was more like a "getting to know each other" meeting. I had prepared some work which I hadn't been asked to do and I think the buyer was impressed with this. Leaving this interview I felt very positive and extremely hopeful I had done enough to secure the job. I had the interview on a Friday and was offered the job the next Wednesday which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect your role as a trainee buyer to entail?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted straight away, no negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Reading, England) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online, 3 weeks later received an e-mail and got invited to a full day group interview.

- Basic retail math test
    - Pulling outfits - as a team - that reflect current trends
    - Prior to the interview, all applicants have been asked to prepare a SWOT analysis for a specific product area, so we had to present the findings to a group of buyers
    - Talking through CV and reasons you want to work for the company

The interview is easy if you prepare well, do a store visit, be familiar with current and upcoming trends, know the competitors.

The following week I was called back to meet a few members of the team, got an offer later on in the afternoon.

HR department is an absolute star, very efficient.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.