Priory Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 24 Jul 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Priory Group (Preston, North West England, England) in November 2015.

Interview

I felt the interview was quick and welcoming and the panel were straight to the point. They gave me time to process the questions and answer in my own time. They were understanding that I hadn't been involved in this sector previously

Clinical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Priory Group.

Interview

Straightforward interview with friendly people. The questions were what I expected and not too challenging, basically asked to describe my previous work experience and what I thought I could bring to the role.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priory Group (Wakefield, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Called within 5 minutes of submitting the application. Sent email confirming the appt with interviewers names missing. Asked to provide relevant documents and fill in extra information. Interview email stated to leave at least 3 hrs for interview. Attended interview, 2 interviewers. Asked standard competency based questions. Interview lasted 30 minutes. Told they were still interviewing and that I would hear from them by early next week and that feedback would be given which I requested. Emailed within 3 hrs of the interview to say i had been unsuccessful and that NAME??? would be happy to provide feedback should i want it. Very personal! Looks like administration is not their strongest point.

Interview Questions

• A challenging situation I dealt with and how I worked to resolve it.   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chorley, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priory Group (Chorley, England) in May 2012.

Interview

Application went in. was called to come for a interview. came to interview early morning, filled in a questionnaire about a multitude of things. Then had interview , got a call at the end of the day offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• what would you do, if you were working with two children and one child wanted to play outside and the other wanted you to read them a book?   1 Answer

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mark, England

Interview

Interview went fine. Offered job same day. Put notice in for my other job and spent £500 on childcare fees for the next month as thought it should be completed by then. Sent everything for DBS promptly as required. Weeks went by with little communucation but enough to keep me holding on. Rang head office 7 weeks later to find they had not sent my documents for DBS. Rang up several times. Excuses made and they would ring me back. I was then offered another job and they finally rang me saying sorry they hadn't been in touch and was I still available. Totally messed up my finances last month leaving me paying out for childcare and no income. Unbelievable!

Interview Questions

Priory Group Response

5 Jan 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I'm sorry that we do not appear to have taken prompt action with regards your DBS. If you still require assistance or would like to have a... More

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Priory Group (Southampton, England) in August 2016.

Interview

A friend of a friend advised me that Priory were recruiting, I telephoned and requested an application, completed this - 2 x A4 sheets. Attended interview and tour of hospital. Offer received subject to satisfactory DBS checks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to clarify my understanding of confidentiality.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlwood, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Priory Group (Charlwood, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 staff members, 1 ward Manager and HR staff. They wanted to know how much l knew about the company and of the role l was applying for.

Anonymous Employee in Cheadle, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Priory Group (Cheadle, North West England, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I initially applied through the priory website which is not the best website as it would often not let me sign in. However after initial submission, I was very quickly emailed an offer of a phone interview. The phone interview was relatively straightforward, asked about my reasons for applying for the role and my understanding of the role/ what qualities I believe a HCA requires (e.g. empathetic, caring, good communicator, consistent, organised, respectful etc)

I was immediately offered an in person interview for the following week after the 10 minute phone interview. I was told by the phone interviewer to research the hospital I was interviewing at and to have good knowledge of their services.

At the interview I was say across from 2 panel members (a nurse and ward manager) who were very accommodating and put me at ease. To start off they asked some general questions like the ones mentioned in the phone interview (what do I know about the hospital, why did I apply for the role, what are the duties of the role, what are my strengths and skills that I can bring to the role, my experience in care). Then I was asked a progression of situational questions about a patient (i.e. what would I do if the patient self-harmed or asked me to stay after my shift or told me something confidential or something about another member of staff). I was also asked about what I think makes a good team and what role I play within a team. I was offered the job immediately after interview and the time flew by!! İt was a great interview experience

Interview Questions

• why did you apply for this role?   Answer Question
    • what are your strengths and skills that you can bring to the role?   Answer Question
    • situational questions about patient self harming/ talking about other staff members to you/ getting distressed   Answer Question
    • what are essential qualities of a good team   Answer Question
    • are you aware of the services we provide here/ the conditions we treat   Answer Question
    • what are the duties of the role   Answer Question
    • do you have experience with complex behaviour and aggression   Answer Question

Priory Group Response

8 Nov 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; it's great that you had a positive experience in the main and I'll share that with the team. Than you for the comments you made in relation to the... More

Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redcar, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priory Group (Redcar, England).

Interview

unprofessional the interview was conducted by seniors who then discussed myself with everyone who was in the office.
    staff did not know what to say
    they read from a sheet of paper
    question where not real

Anonymous Employee in Trentham, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Priory Group (Trentham, England) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was very professional. I felt very scared and nervous as it was in fact my first work interview however management and staff mad me fee very welcome which calmed me a lot. They showed me around the building to meet Service users and staff, when I left half an hour later they rung me to tell me I had got the job which was fantastic.

Interview Questions

• What I thought I could bring to the job and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priory Group (Huddersfield, England) in January 2014.

Interview

very informal asked only a few questions one of them was how would you manage yourself if a service user hit you what would you do if a service user hit you .

answer workers do not come to work to be frightened when going on shift

the manager seemd to be occupied by other issues and did not focus on the interview fully

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.