Public Storage Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 280 of over 280 interviews

Employee Referral8%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Public Storage

Application

I interviewed at Public Storage

Interview

Overall very pleasant interview experience and was offered the position of relief manager. Initial in- person interview with distrcit manager was about 30 minutes, and was followed up by a second phone interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions
  • "Are you okay with 50% of your day being spent outdoors and the other 50 % in the office?"
    Answer Question

Public Storage

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage

Interview

Started with a recruiter call that lasted about 30 mins. They were very nice and professional. Next round was with the hiring manager for this position. Video interview lasted about an hour and we had a great conversation. They asked if I would be willing to do a project and I agreed. A few days later I submitted the project and then got on a 30 minute call to discuss the project. Got good feedback during the call. About a week later I got an auto message that said they were not continuing with me in the process. The message was not personalized and felt a bit cold. I reached out to the recruiter asking for feedback on why I was not selected to move forward and they never responded. After the time I spent interviewing and doing a project I would have appreciated a response from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Public Storage

Application

I interviewed at Public Storage

Interview

Short, Simple, Brief not very long and basic questions of typical interviews of customer service types business that doesn't seem like long term employment or a long career that could be pursued

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Public Storage

Application

I interviewed at Public Storage

Interview

the process went quite well at the first round, the second round is take-home challenge. and then if passed, it will be walk through the challenge and etc. I completed the take-home challenge but didn't went to the next round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Public Storage

Application

I interviewed at Public Storage

Interview

Straight forward, honest, and let’s you know all responsibilities upfront. No surprises when I started working. Great overall experience with the hiring manager and she was very supportive. I was late to my interview due to my own fault and she still allowed me to interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Public Storage

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Storage

Interview

No process at all. I was rejected by a computer at 2 in the morning with no reason given as to why. Employer application site was cumbersome and I felt like I wasted my time trying to figure it out if a human isn't even going to look at my application, felt insulting.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to work out in the elements? (Cleaning, sewwping, taking out trashes...etc)?

Public Storage

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Public Storage in Nov 2021

Interview

It was a simple interview, really just an overview of the job abs a few basic questions about what you would like to get out of the job and what you’re looking for as well.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have an issue being outside in the elements?

Public Storage

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage in Sep 2021

Interview

Such a strange process and a terrible first (and last) impression. I applied for the position online. My application was listed as "under review" for about 10 days. Then I received an email from HR stating they had reviewed my application and were trying to reach me. Great! Except it went on to say that since they were unable to reach me, they were closing my application. Which was odd since this email was the first I'd heard from the company, they had my correct phone number (and obviously a good email address), yet no one from the company had ever actually called. Fortunately (or so I thought) the close of the message included an email address to an actual person with instructions to let them know if I was still interested in the position. Smart! I followed up with an email right away, apologizing for any difficulty getting in touch. (I did that out of common courtesy which, as you will see, is a foreign concept to them.) After confirming my interest, I included both my cell phone number and email address again, just to be on the safe side. Another week passes, no response. I followed up again because at this point it seems very strange to me that they expressed interest in scheduling an interview for the position but then didn't respond. No email, no call, no nothing. I'm also now certain this isn't a match for me, but I wanted to see what would happen. So I waited another week and followed up again. Surprise, no response! It's not all bad news, though, as I eventually did hear from the company. Twice, in fact. The first was an exciting automated email from a do not reply address saying I was not being considered for the position. The second was an email notifying me that they were recruiting for a District Manager in the very market I had applied for in the first place. Can't make this stuff up! Advice to HR? Work on communication issues, especially with top candidates. A five second email out of common courtesy would have gone a long way. Also? There is probably a reason why you are constantly having to recruit for multi-unit managers. Perhaps by addressing the internal recruiting process which clearly has some significant opportunity areas, you might be able to on-board the very people who can help resolve embarrassing situations such as this one. Just a thought, what do I know? Anyway, good luck finding the right candidate. Overall I feel like I've dodged a bullet, I'm sorry to say.

Interview Questions
  • Was I interested in the position?

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I interviewed at Public Storage (Charlotte, NC)

Interview

Easy and quick ask you what are 2 negative things you would say about yourself as an employee and 2 positive things, why should they hire you...they'll ask you how past experience is relevant to what you'll be doing there...etc

Interview Questions
  • Why should public storage hire you as an employee and what do you think are 3 of your strongest qualities?

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Public Storage (Atlanta, GA) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview was great. I had to do a mock sale call with a script, that they provided me with a day before the interview. They asked questions about my past sales history and would I be comfortable working a busy schedule with mandatory overtime.

Interview Questions
  • Are you comfortable working mandatory overtime?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 280 Interviews