Pubmatic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pubmatic Interview Questions

Updated 10 Jul 2018

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pubmatic in March 2015.

Interview

I have signed NDA and thus cannot disclose all details. I wish to share the experience to give as a good feedback. Initially contacted by the recruiter for a phone screen . 2 weeks later the recruiter contacted to set-up phone technical round which also had coding by screen sharing. Received the results an hour later to schedule onsite round. A week later flew to onsite location. There were 5 rounds. 4 technical and one non-technical. Received results an hour later.

Interview Questions

• One of the best interview rounds I have given on phone and onsite. The test is on problem solving and logical thinking and not just on learning how to solve a interview question available on internet or popular books.   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pubmatic in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was unorganized and unprofessional. Company was not clear about why they wanted to hire for the position and I am guessing they did not fill the position. I was not informed of outcome after four rounds with eight people across three cities and two continents. The recruiter / HR was clueless in the process and just a goat. Sheer waste of everyone's time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pubmatic.

Interview

Two phone interviews first- one with HR and the other with the Account Director. After that, I went into the NY office a week later for all day interviews with about 5-6 people.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pubmatic.

Interview

If they run their business like they run their interview process I would stay away. No feedback from meeting to meeting weeks would go by then HR would reach out wanting to do more interviews. Hiring Manager was MIA throughout the whole process. Final straw interviewed with the CEO, in person he looked at his cell phone the whole time and yawned several times.. I asked him if he prefer another time. It was offensive.. My take away a lot of great companies in our space, I would not work for a company with such little respect for new hires. I believe the glassdoor reviews are accurate

Interview Questions

The company is disorganized, employees are not happy.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted within 24 hours by their human resources department.

Very professional interviewer and knowledgeable about PubMatic's services.

Asked very standard questions like how did you hear about PubMatic? Why did you leave your last 3 jobs? What kind of environment do you perform best in? If there was a problem or something went wrong with your client, what would you do? Describe the best supervisor you ever had?

Interview Questions

• Describe PubMatic's platform and what benefits does it provide a company?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pubmatic in March 2016.

Interview

Nice welcome, personalized. Interviewers were for the most part good except one guy who doesn't even interact with this role. Positive results until I followed up. Hr said they had a different role for me and never got back to me

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pubmatic.

Interview

First, I had a couple of phone interviews with HR and then one of the hiring managers. The last step was an in-person interview where I met with 5-6 people in 30 min intervals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pubmatic (New York, NY (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and was able to get a phone call with a recruiter. Following the phone screening, I had an in-person interview with the team in-office. The interview was composed of 5 members from a number of different teams. Finally, there was a phone interview with a senior director of the team I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Explain how programmatic dollars flow from advertiser to publishers.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pubmatic (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then an HR guy called me to set up an interview. I had a phone interview that was not easy. He asked about lots of stuff in Java and design patterns.Then I was invited for a 3-4 hours in person interview. I talked with several people separately. The interview involved lots of white board coding and data structures questions. The third person asked me about Spring and Hibernate and OO concepts. The last one asked me about my experience and very detailed explanation of my previous projects.
    A day after the interview I got the job offer but few days later they changed their mind and they implicitly told me that they found a cheaper developer.

Interview Questions

• OO concepts, Data Structures and coding on the board. Stack implementation.   1 Answer
    • Do you recommend this company?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pubmatic (Redwood City, CA (US)).

Interview

The process took about 2 months from applying. They called for a 45 min phone interview and didn't reply for a good month. After the 2nd round of interview, it took another 2 weeks for them to answer. Hiring manager didn't give give feedback when asked.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.