Purple - Intelligent Spaces Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Purple - Intelligent Spaces Interview Questions

Updated 6 Jul 2018

3.2

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Purple - Intelligent Spaces (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I received a phone call one afternoon from the recruiter. The recruiter was extremely rude and he did not tell anything about the position itself when asked. The initial feel of the company was super bad. The recruiter had a thick accent so he was very hard to understand. Recruiter said that he was a java developer before and he himself would take the technical screening. He scheduled a webex call for the technical screening in the same week. Just right 2 minutes before the call, he sent an email that he had a meeting. We rescheduled the webex again the next week. The same thing repeated. Just right 2 minutes before the call, he sends me an email that the requirements are changed and a week later I received a standard email that the position is no longer available. This is not expected from a "Best Place to Work"company.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Purple - Intelligent Spaces.

Interview

I had a total of 5 interviews, ranging from the first two recruiter ones (which were excellent) to a technical interview (which was good) and two sales interviews (which were just OK.) Each one was over the phone as the company is located in Manchester, England.
    There was also an online test that was a complete waste of time and one of the dumbest things I've ever taken part in. I noticed after hiring they turned away some really well qualified candidates over the idiotic test

Interview Questions

• There was an online test with idiotic questions   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purple - Intelligent Spaces.

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter. Then had in person interview in Austin office. It was the strangest interview process I've had. The recruiter sent me his notes on our interview. I think he meant to send it to the hiring manager. Nonetheless, it was awkward.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purple - Intelligent Spaces (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Only if you could UNDERSTAND CLEARLY THE BRITISH RECRUITER CALLING FROM UK - The follow up is very poor also, the greatest challenge is the recruiter CANT speak clearly

Interview Questions

• again, You could NOT understand this guy. Period.......He asked LAME questions.
      He does not take the LEAD when asking questions and lets it loose , I stayed polite the whole time but come on , guys, Hiring Enterprise Level Executives, and having someone from the UK call us here in United States, and not even speak clearly and have a very muffled thick accent...........waste of time and money for all of us   1 Answer

Internal Recruiter Interview

Application

Interview

Very straight forward. 2 F2F interviews which were 2 way conversations, allowing me to find out as much about Purple as for Purple to find out about me. The first of which was mainly discussing what I had done previously, my motivations in leaving my current position and joining Purple. The 2nd F2F was to discuss the plans I had and what I could bring to Purple, at this stage we also discussed areas of concern in my application which gave me the chance to overcome any objections.

There was also 2 quick tests; personality and intelligence after the interviews.

Senior Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Purple - Intelligent Spaces (Manchester, England) in October 2016.

Interview

OLDER/EXPERIENCED WORKERS NEED NOT APPLY!! I applied for a senior marketing role at "Purplewifi" or "Purple- Intelligent Spaces" as it call s itself now (paraphrasing the JD, it required significant marketing and man-management experience). I was selected and undertook a telephone interview, which seemed to go well. When I sent an email 1.5 weeks later, to enquire about progress, was advised by the HR dept:

"..I really enjoyed our call and thank you for taking the time, however I'm afraid we have progressed with 2 other candidates for this position who are at final stage this week. The Board have taken the decision that they are looking for someone who will be stepping up to this role, as opposed to the proven experience that you have. We're in a similar position in other roles throughout the Company....."

I can't see any interpretation other than the company has implemented a discriminatory employment policy 'experience' being a euphemism for 'age'. 'Ageism' is every bit as pernicious as 'racism', 'sexism' and the other 'ism's' listed in the 2010 UK Equality Act, despite organisations seeming having a more blase attitude towards it . This attitude seems particularly bizarre, given that; (i) in a highly competitive world the company believes it has the luxury of 'inexperience over 'experience' and (ii) sooner or later EVERYONE OF US IS GOING TO BE 50+.

Interview Questions

• How I would commute to the new HQ in South Manchester [UK] and would I consider re-location (I live circa 30 miles away along the M62)   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Purple - Intelligent Spaces (Manchester, England) in July 2016.

Interview

3 stages: HR interview, Interview with line manager, Phonecall with CEO/ VP Sales. Straight forward process which only took just over a week.
    Interview process is straightforward, I've heard it can vary from typical questions to doing a presentation or even a role play scenario.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purple - Intelligent Spaces (Oldham, England) in January 2017.

Interview

They contacted me through e-mail and I did all the process trhough phone or Webex. It started with a phone conversation with the HR recruiter, followed by a phone conversation with the HR Manager. Then a Webex Conversation with my line manager explaining the details about the role, followed by a presential interview in Madrid's offices with my futures office colleagues. Finally I had to pass some online test and the final and crucial phone call with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• They ask me to talk myself and how I could contribute to the Purple Project.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashton-under-Lyne, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Purple - Intelligent Spaces (Ashton-under-Lyne, England) in January 2017.

Interview

A friend already worked at Purple and he highly recommended the work environment so I asked if he could test the water and to enquire about any vacancies.

It wasn't long before I received a telephone call from James of Purple's recruitment team. We had a relaxed and informal chat - I explained where I was currently working, where I'd worked in the past, what I'm looking for in the next phases of my career and what I thought I could bring to Purple. James then explained the history of Purple, where they are today and what they're after in terms of vacancies - along with a great run-down of company benefits and Purple's culture.

It was a no pressure, lightweight chat about 'this is what I can offer Purple, this is what Purple can offer me'. An official interview invitation arrived the following day.

The interview was very similar to the opening exchanges - it was more of an open conversation between the company and prospective employee, making sure the move was right for both parties, with the Head of Technology and Lead Developer performing the interview. We covered a range of topics covering technical skills and ability and softer skills such as leadership and team mentoring.

Following the interview I received a technical programming assessment to complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you've worked on recently which contained a significant bug - how did you find it and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Digital Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Purple - Intelligent Spaces (Manchester, England) in April 2017.

Interview

1st Stage telephone interview with recruitment manager- about 1 hour.
    2nd Stage- webex or face to face with line manager.
    3rd Stage - webex or face to face with VP (depending on seniority- not required for all roles)
    4th Stage - Meeting in offices with Senior Managers and call or face to face with CEO.
    All stages involve two way questioning- all very warm and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What are your personal values and how do you incorporate these into your career?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.