PwC Transaction Advisory Services Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

PwC Transaction Advisory Services Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at PwC

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (London, England) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied through their website and then had the math and diagrammatic tests. Not particularly difficult (KPMG and Deloiite tests are much harder but you pass with a lower score). Invited for a 1:1 interview at the Embankment office.
I worked for a year in corporate banking so many of the questions were mostly regarding what I did and why I wanted to switch to consultancy. I tried to explain that I thought advisory was interesting etc and that I wanted to work in transactions (M&A mostly). The thing is that the TAS dept only deals with the rather boring due diligence side of the M&A. So whoever is reading this, beware TAS is not corporate finance! CF is where all the interesting things happen, TAS is just due diligence. Even so, it's ok in my opinion way better than audit. In any case, the interviewer mostly asked about what do you think we do in TAS, why PwC, what skills have you got and tons of other questions on why I didn't continue a banking careers.
After a few days I got rejected probably on the basis that I have a banking background and not an audit/consultancy profile. They don't give reasons at the first stage this was just my feeling.
So if you're interested in TAS, make sure you let the interviewer feel as if you have wanted to do due diligence since you were 5.
Oh and lastly, now about recent/large private equity transactions, especially if PwC was involved. That would boost your chances.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in consultancy and not continue your banking career?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Transaction Advisory Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview

Interview
    1-1 with a transaction advisory manager
    general questions on compentency

Negotiation

Transaction Advisory Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

assessment centre and/or case study. First interview and second interview followed by lunch.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.