Qkids Online English Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Qkids Online English Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Qkids

3.2

Online English Teacher Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth, once you fill out the application you will be asked to do a virtual lesson to prepare you for the mock class with a hiring specialist. Once you do the mock class you will be assigned real students for the final decision.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qkids

Online English Teacher Interview

Interview

Friendly interviewer but standards must be met. Dedicated teaching space required and practiced teaching experience must be shown and demonstrated during interview. Study materials thoroughly for success, preparation is key.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an associates degree?   3 Answers

Online English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qkids in January 2020.

Interview

Look into other online teaching companies, this one is a waste of your time. Their hiring team is terrible, they are very unprofessional and unorganized. In the first step of the interview process, you have to submit a resume, state your availability and record an intro video. My recruiter was irresponsive and misleading. They claim they will answer questions but they do not respond or give you clear answers on what to expect moving forward. I do not recommend applying here! They kept annoying me with emails to apply and I felt like it might be a good opportunity but I was mistaken. Manage your company the correct way!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any teaching experience?   1 Answer

Online English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qkids.

Interview

I got stuck on the first step of the interview process. I was unable to get past the authentication portion of WeChat and could not get anyone at Qkids to assist with this.

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qkids (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

-you submit your resume, application, and sample video
    -2 interview lessons where you demonstrate your knowledge of the software and curriculum (they give you the materials in advance)
    -5 trial classes with students

Interview Questions

• What things should you keep in mind while teaching online?   Answer Question

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qkids (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

The application process began with a one-minute video reading of a children's book. From there, they put me through fairly easy (and paid) online trainings. They requested that I purchase the proper equipment (headset with mic). After teaching a sample class, they provided me detailed feedback and let me know whether I passed. I started at a busy time during the Summer, so immediately began working 3-4 hours a day at that point.

Interview Questions

• Not a traditional interview with questions, but demonstrating competency with the software to adults was a little award. Fortunately, they do provide you the tools to practice a bit in advance if that would make you feel more comfortable.   Answer Question

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qkids (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring team and trainers are VERY polite, helpful & efficient.

1. Completed application online & submitted 2min. video of myself reading a children's book.

2. Received a response email asking me to download a communication app to receive further instructions.

3. Received instructions to download the organization software training materials & informational materials & a timeline for the hiring process

4. Completed Demo 1 Interview with a trainer & received training materials

5. Completed Demo 2 mock class with a Trainer

6. Completed 2 Demo 3 mock classes with students

Interview Questions

• 2 or 3 characteristics that you have that would make a good fit for QKids   Answer Question

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Interview

I submitted my resume and did a short video of myself reading a story. As of right now we are still working out some technical issues on my end. The company is very patient with this!

Interview Questions

• They asked if I could commit to 6 hours per week which is a total of 12 lessons.   1 Answer

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanhai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qkids (Shanhai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process took about 2.5 weeks. It consisted of two interviews. In the first interview, I demonstrated my technical proficiency of the program. Studying for it was not hard, I just watched the review material and explored in the practice classroom. In the second interview I got asked questions about myself, my background, and how I would deal with certain situations while teaching.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me the difference in approach when dealing with younger vs older students.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qkids (London, England).

Interview

Do not waste your time applying! I spent two months doing trial lessons and training. During this time, I received positive feedback from the parents. I would have received performance bonuses. I received mostly positive feedback from Martha. I made a few corrections and she was happy with them. Then, I did not hear from the company for a week so I followed up. They said they were " unable" to continue with my application.
    I am very disappointed in the company, as I spent countless hours preparing for lessons and money on multiple headseats and Ethernet wires so I would be prepared to teach. I was really looking forward to becoming a QKids teacher. When I asked why, they were unable to provide me with any information. It would appear, from my experience and high ratings, that they just want to string teachers along to get free labor. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for QKids?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.