Queen Mary, University of London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Queen Mary, University of London Interview Questions

Updated 4 Jun 2018

2.8

Interview

A p p l i e d t h r o u g h e m a i l, had Skype interview and got an offer. After that, there were several interviews before starting work.

Admissions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (Hatfield, East of England, England) in May 2018.

Interview

After quite a lengthy application I was invited to go online and book an interview slot. Unfortunately the night before my son took very ill with a vomiting bug and I was up all night with him and had to take him to the doctors. I emailed first thing in the morning and called the department to let them know. I didn’t even get an email reply but just a generic ‘thank you for attending your interview...we have decided not to continue your application to the next stage.

I am absolutely appalled that a supposedly respectable education institution would be so unprofessional and narrow minded. They claim to be a family friendly organisation that supports parents but clearly this is just PR rubbish.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to prepare a presentation on ‘the merits and demerits of a paperless admission’.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

I was sent a pre-interview task to complete in a week. I had my interview via Skype with the supervisor and 2 other members of staff from the psychology department.

Admissions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mile End, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (Mile End, England) in September 2017.

Interview

It was very informative, business plan and goals were explained. I was allowed to present my experience with ease. It was a comfortable interview and the interviewers were very friendly and introduced there title and explained what they do.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London.

Interview

First stage: email CV + cover letter to apply for position
    Second stage: interview with manager
    Third stage: 48 hour programing task test (several tasks of varying difficulty, not possible to complete in 8-hour x 2 days)
    Fourth stage: Final interview with line manager and manager

Interview Questions

• Impress me with something you have coded in the past.   1 Answer

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

CV and Cover Letter apply through the enquiry center of Queen Mary University of London. Then after a week or so received an email informing me that i was succesful and i am part of the Qummif

Engagement Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple, competency based application form asking for work history and skills and qualifications
    Interview occurred a couple of weeks after form submission, including written task and simple questions outlining skills and competencies

Interview Questions

• Written exercise asking to post a job advert   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied on the QMUL job website. I recieved interview invitation after 1 week from application deadline. I was invited to interview and given time slots to choose. Interview took around 30 min. It was more friendly chat about my previous research and science being done in the lab

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

There were a series of four questions asked by a panel of three people. Interview lasted about ten minutes. Interviewers were friendly, and not at all intimidating. Interview took place on campus. No assessment took place prior to interview. The entire process from submitting the application to attending the interview and learning of the outcome took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Question: Tell me something you are passionate about?   1 Answer

CSC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London in January 2016.

Interview

I was asked to interview over email. My interview was structured and I had to give a presentation. Overall I didnt get any feedback until I received a call that day saying that I had the job and they wanted me to start very soon after. Overall a very nice and swift process.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.