Queen Mary, University of London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Queen Mary, University of London Interview Questions

Updated 26 Apr 2019

2.9

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London.

Interview

First stage: email CV + cover letter to apply for position
    Second stage: interview with manager
    Third stage: 48 hour programing task test (several tasks of varying difficulty, not possible to complete in 8-hour x 2 days)
    Fourth stage: Final interview with line manager and manager

Interview Questions

• Impress me with something you have coded in the past.   1 Answer

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

CECM there was a test asking few stata based questions prior to a four panel interview who asked basic interview questions including statistics questions such as assumption of cox model. But the clinician decided to fabricate and point out a mistake I had made on my cv only for me to find out after I had made no mistake.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself since leaving university   1 Answer

Admissions Interview

Application

Interview

After sending your CV and cover you receive a telephone interview that lasts about thirty minutes. They ask you various questions from your previous experience of a customer facing role. In addition, you are asked to commit to the days stated for work which is when students' receive their A-level results

Interview Questions

• If I was a perspective student how would you describe Queen Mary to me?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London in March 2010.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and I felt at ease quite quickly. The interview consisted of a presentation to a panel followed up by questions. These were easy and didn't include any case studies or brainteasers. The whole process was rather pleasant.

Admissions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mile End, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (Mile End, England) in September 2017.

Interview

It was very informative, business plan and goals were explained. I was allowed to present my experience with ease. It was a comfortable interview and the interviewers were very friendly and introduced there title and explained what they do.

Admissions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (Hatfield, East of England, England) in May 2018.

Interview

After quite a lengthy application I was invited to go online and book an interview slot. Unfortunately the night before my son took very ill with a vomiting bug and I was up all night with him and had to take him to the doctors. I emailed first thing in the morning and called the department to let them know. I didn’t even get an email reply but just a generic ‘thank you for attending your interview...we have decided not to continue your application to the next stage.

I am absolutely appalled that a supposedly respectable education institution would be so unprofessional and narrow minded. They claim to be a family friendly organisation that supports parents but clearly this is just PR rubbish.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to prepare a presentation on ‘the merits and demerits of a paperless admission’.   Answer Question

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by panel of 3 senior academics plus a general manager who observed the process but did not ask any questions. Questions mainly revolved around current and planned research activities. Different panel members probed different areas of expertise, from technical to leadership and influencing skills. I was asked to give a short presentation to describe what I would bring to the University and department.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to address your limited publication record?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in January 2012.

Interview

Very easy going people - predicted questions asked. After submitting the application, it took an 8-weeks period to get feedback. After that, an interview was held with two members of staff. It was rather informal. After 10 minutes of talking about my research interests and discussing on my future research we spoke mainly about the application procedure and how things work at campus.

Spoke several times to supervisor over skype before meeting in person. Required to meet with another member of faculty to get hired - asked some tough questions on previous projects. Know your stuff.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

There were a series of four questions asked by a panel of three people. Interview lasted about ten minutes. Interviewers were friendly, and not at all intimidating. Interview took place on campus. No assessment took place prior to interview. The entire process from submitting the application to attending the interview and learning of the outcome took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Question: Tell me something you are passionate about?   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mile End, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (Mile End, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online. In the interview some interviewers looked disinterested and that they were watching the clock, whilst others did not seem to write much of what I was saying. Asked common interview questions and interview lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.