Queen Mary, University of London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Queen Mary, University of London

2.9

Admissions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (Hatfield, East of England, England) in May 2018.

Interview

After quite a lengthy application I was invited to go online and book an interview slot. Unfortunately the night before my son took very ill with a vomiting bug and I was up all night with him and had to take him to the doctors. I emailed first thing in the morning and called the department to let them know. I didn’t even get an email reply but just a generic ‘thank you for attending your interview...we have decided not to continue your application to the next stage.

I am absolutely appalled that a supposedly respectable education institution would be so unprofessional and narrow minded. They claim to be a family friendly organisation that supports parents but clearly this is just PR rubbish.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to prepare a presentation on ‘the merits and demerits of a paperless admission’.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

I was sent a pre-interview task to complete in a week. I had my interview via Skype with the supervisor and 2 other members of staff from the psychology department.

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in December 2015.

Interview

Called for an interview. The interview was completed with a panel of 3 people. I was asked to prepare a 10 minute presentation on how I would develop the role. I was then asked 12 questions that ranged from examples of my past experience to how I would handle situations in the new working environment

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

CECM there was a test asking few stata based questions prior to a four panel interview who asked basic interview questions including statistics questions such as assumption of cox model. But the clinician decided to fabricate and point out a mistake I had made on my cv only for me to find out after I had made no mistake.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself since leaving university   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in March 2013.

Interview

Spoke several times to supervisor over skype before meeting in person. Required to meet with another member of faculty to get hired - asked some tough questions on previous projects. Know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• 5 things you want out of your PhD?   1 Answer

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

application form with personal statement, interview had a 45mins task which involved assessing 2 applications and making some recommendations, the tests were very confusing it was mixed with UG/PG queries and difficult to understand what skills they were testing

Interview Questions

• team work, central admissions processes   1 Answer

Content Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Online application form with a CV and personal statement, but also required you to manually input all your GCSEs and a load of other irrelevant information as mandatory fields.

I arrived at the interview to be asked "HR told you there was a timed task, yes?" No, they had not.

The interview itself was as expected, with the hiring manager, another content designer and a developer, all role-related questions.

Then they took me into their office to do a timed written task, which was 45 minutes at a desk in the middle of their office while they carried on working, having conversations, generally getting on with life. The task itself was straightforward but the setting was quite odd and I had not expected to be there that long.

I never heard back, despite chasing both the named HR person I'd had contact with, and the so-called "HR feedback" email address - all my contact has been ignored.

Disrespectful of my time both on the interview day and with the lack of follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Task - review these webpages for content and UX and make recommendations for improvements to the user journey   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Interview

Panel Interview and Presentation on previous research. Asked questions about previous research and skills. Questions included last paper you read, why queen Mary. Asked about 10 questions nice people very relaxed

Teaching Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London in September 2017.

Interview

I had to prepare a 15min presentation, which I had to memorize as I could not use slides.
    This was presented to a panel of academics and educational professional who had a list of already prepared questions.

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London.

Interview

I applied online. It took a few weeks until after the deadline to hear that I'd been invited for interview. I and a handful of other shortlisted candidates had to come in to present in the morning, wait around and have lunch, and be interviewed in the afternoon - i.e. we had to spend the whole day there, several of us having to take annual leave.
    Although the people were nice and the interview was fine, with various questions from a panel, my negative experience came afterwards. I never heard back. Nearly two weeks after the interview I had to email if there was any update and/or feedback available; this was ignored. Almost two months later, and I still haven't heard anything. I'm an adult, I can handle rejection. I think it's only decent to let someone know the outcome of the interview when they've dedicated a full day (of annual leave) to it, especially if it's only 5-6 people you need to inform. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.