Queen Mary, University of London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Queen Mary, University of London

2.8

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

application form with personal statement, interview had a 45mins task which involved assessing 2 applications and making some recommendations, the tests were very confusing it was mixed with UG/PG queries and difficult to understand what skills they were testing

Interview Questions

• team work, central admissions processes   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mile End, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (Mile End, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online. In the interview some interviewers looked disinterested and that they were watching the clock, whilst others did not seem to write much of what I was saying. Asked common interview questions and interview lasted around 30 minutes.

Phd Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London.

Interview

I was invited to a one hour formal interview after having applied online. The interview took 1 hour. I was asked a lot of questions about my past experiences, knowledge of relevant techniques, and my understanding of the project.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about past projects, abilities in using techniques, and my understanding of the project.   Answer Question

Interview

A p p l i e d t h r o u g h e m a i l, had Skype interview and got an offer. After that, there were several interviews before starting work.

Admissions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (Hatfield, East of England, England) in May 2018.

Interview

After quite a lengthy application I was invited to go online and book an interview slot. Unfortunately the night before my son took very ill with a vomiting bug and I was up all night with him and had to take him to the doctors. I emailed first thing in the morning and called the department to let them know. I didn’t even get an email reply but just a generic ‘thank you for attending your interview...we have decided not to continue your application to the next stage.

I am absolutely appalled that a supposedly respectable education institution would be so unprofessional and narrow minded. They claim to be a family friendly organisation that supports parents but clearly this is just PR rubbish.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to prepare a presentation on ‘the merits and demerits of a paperless admission’.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

I was sent a pre-interview task to complete in a week. I had my interview via Skype with the supervisor and 2 other members of staff from the psychology department.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London in January 2018.

Interview

Fair, good mix of men & women. Questions were fair and selection process seems fair whenever I’ve been involved in interview panels.

Training takes place to enable fair/just interview and selection of staff.

Transnational Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

It was great. Things ran smoothly leading up to the interview. Good, clear communication. The interview took place in a bright and airy room, and promptly started on time. Interviewers were polite and personable.

Interview Questions

• Lots of competency based questions   1 Answer

Admissions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mile End, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (Mile End, England) in September 2017.

Interview

It was very informative, business plan and goals were explained. I was allowed to present my experience with ease. It was a comfortable interview and the interviewers were very friendly and introduced there title and explained what they do.

Teaching Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London in September 2017.

Interview

I had to prepare a 15min presentation, which I had to memorize as I could not use slides.
    This was presented to a panel of academics and educational professional who had a list of already prepared questions.