Queen Mary, University of London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Queen Mary, University of London

2.9

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mile End, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (Mile End, England) in July 2013.

Interview

Application process was online and super easy. HR were very helpful. Interview with PI & other professor. Presentation on my research followed by a sort of relaxed questioning. Questions were a mix of technical skills and my future plans.

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in December 2015.

Interview

Called for an interview. The interview was completed with a panel of 3 people. I was asked to prepare a 10 minute presentation on how I would develop the role. I was then asked 12 questions that ranged from examples of my past experience to how I would handle situations in the new working environment

CSC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London in January 2016.

Interview

I was asked to interview over email. My interview was structured and I had to give a presentation. Overall I didnt get any feedback until I received a call that day saying that I had the job and they wanted me to start very soon after. Overall a very nice and swift process.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London.

Interview

Interview with my line manager

Interview Questions

• Questions are about the previous role and how your achievements could be used in our project   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in December 2013.

Interview

Skype phone call with principal investigator for 1h and visit to London with presentation of the work performed before for 2h. Then a presentation on a proposed project was asked a week before another skype call for 1h. After offer the job via email.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied on the QMUL job website. I recieved interview invitation after 1 week from application deadline. I was invited to interview and given time slots to choose. Interview took around 30 min. It was more friendly chat about my previous research and science being done in the lab

Interview Questions

Interview

A p p l i e d t h r o u g h e m a i l, had Skype interview and got an offer. After that, there were several interviews before starting work.

BA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

This was an easy interview for a degree, very casual, more of a chat really. The lecturer was lovely and really engaging, we spent a lot of it talking about our separate interests of study! Did not end up studying here but by far the most pleasant university interview I have undertaken.

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

Face to face, fairly formulaic competency based interview. Best way to prepare is to go through the JD and think up examples for every criteria. Be prepared for them to ask questions about a lot of the criteria and be looking for solid stories from your experience. They will also be really interested to hear you buying into the ethos values and culture of the organisation. Part of the interview was a written task as well. This was very directly related to the project planning activities which will be a key part of the role, so think about what tasks the role will entail as they are likely to ask you to do a similar activity. The panel were very friendly. They were also flexible as i was unable to attend in person and they arranged for a Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when your integrity was threatened and how you dealt with it?   1 Answer

Engagement Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple, competency based application form asking for work history and skills and qualifications
    Interview occurred a couple of weeks after form submission, including written task and simple questions outlining skills and competencies

Interview Questions

• Written exercise asking to post a job advert   1 Answer