Queen Mary, University of London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Queen Mary, University of London

2.8

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

After submitting the application, it took an 8-weeks period to get feedback. After that, an interview was held with two members of staff. It was rather informal. After 10 minutes of talking about my research interests and discussing on my future research we spoke mainly about the application procedure and how things work at campus.

Interview Questions

• What my work so far was about and what are my future plans   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

Face to face, fairly formulaic competency based interview. Best way to prepare is to go through the JD and think up examples for every criteria. Be prepared for them to ask questions about a lot of the criteria and be looking for solid stories from your experience. They will also be really interested to hear you buying into the ethos values and culture of the organisation. Part of the interview was a written task as well. This was very directly related to the project planning activities which will be a key part of the role, so think about what tasks the role will entail as they are likely to ask you to do a similar activity. The panel were very friendly. They were also flexible as i was unable to attend in person and they arranged for a Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when your integrity was threatened and how you dealt with it?   1 Answer

E-learning Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was relaxed. Questions were really scoping the ability to complete the work and commitment to the length of the project. I got offered the position in that interview and they were keen to have me start when I am available, and to work around when was best for me.

BA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

This was an easy interview for a degree, very casual, more of a chat really. The lecturer was lovely and really engaging, we spent a lot of it talking about our separate interests of study! Did not end up studying here but by far the most pleasant university interview I have undertaken.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online through job portal and received an invitation to interview within 2 weeks. I was asked to take a presentation on "Problem Management techniques".
    Post presentation, a lot of competency based questions were asked. Common questions were - what were some of the challenges faced in PM profile, scenarios, your strengths, weakness etc.
    The interviewers were pleasant and the overall experience was good. However, I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London.

Interview

Interview with my line manager

Interview Questions

• Questions are about the previous role and how your achievements could be used in our project   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in December 2013.

Interview

Skype phone call with principal investigator for 1h and visit to London with presentation of the work performed before for 2h. Then a presentation on a proposed project was asked a week before another skype call for 1h. After offer the job via email.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mile End, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (Mile End, England) in July 2013.

Interview

Application process was online and super easy. HR were very helpful. Interview with PI & other professor. Presentation on my research followed by a sort of relaxed questioning. Questions were a mix of technical skills and my future plans.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in March 2013.

Interview

Spoke several times to supervisor over skype before meeting in person. Required to meet with another member of faculty to get hired - asked some tough questions on previous projects. Know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• 5 things you want out of your PhD?   1 Answer

E Learning Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England) in August 2012.

Interview

This was an easy interview as i just outlined my programming experience explicitly, something which was not expected of my role. I did get told afterwards i would not have gotten the job if i did not outline my interpersonal skills either.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to join as an e-learning assistant?
      Demonstrate how you would approach learning a new software?   Answer Question