REED Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at REED

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REED (Wakefield, England) in December 2019.

Interview

I am used to am extensive interview when it comes to my career, however I have noticed from reading previous reviews, people have found the interview difficult. I didn't feel this way. In fact I found the process fairly easy. I contacted my line manager on Linked In, as I was interested in working within commercial recruitment. I had a 121 chat with him, and then a chat with another colleague, before they progressed me to the Reed Talent team, during this I had a telephone interview, which established what I was looking for salary wise, and what I had done prior to my role at Reed. They also explained the role to me in full. Its a good idea to check out Reed Globals website to prepare.

I then did an online assessment, where you answer multiple choice questions on how you would deal with a situation, again answer this honestly as this will decipher how you work in the future.

Once this was completed and passed I then had the choice between a telephone role play or an online video scenarios test, I decided to do the online video test (you have to record yourself giving answers to 6 different scenarios.) this was easier for me to do as I could do it at any time.

The process lasted around 2 weeks in total. I was happy to accept the role and still really enjoying my time here at Reed.

Interview Questions

REED Response

28 Jan 2020 – Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for leaving a detailed review and I'm delighted that you found it to be a positive experience. The Talent Acquisition Team aim to support candidates through the interview stages and so it's pleasing that you found this to be the case.

Employment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at REED.

Interview

4 parts: initial telephone screen, competency telephone call, role play and then final face-to-face competency interview. All overly difficult for the salary grade. Unpleasant recruitment journey overall - wouldn’t apply again. They are looking for a KPI robot.

Consultant Interview

Interview

i did the online questions and it went well, then came the video interview, also went well, then went on to f2f interview, at their location. Heard nothing and receive no email whatsoever of what is the next step, 3 months later another equest for f2f again, I personally spent time going again. In the end to find out not successful nor any feedback as to why, my advice for them is to think through your process again for candidates, wasted time and effort if you ask me. Not a good impression of the management.

Interview Questions

REED Response

30 Oct 2020 – Head of Employer Brand

Apologises you felt your time was wasted. I am confident that this is not normal practice, I would like to hear more about your specific experience Claire.Bacon@reed.com

Interview

Competency based interview. Panel of managers. Fairly tough given the seniority of the role. Did get the role in the end. All sales based. Role play phone call. Hiring and interview process

Interview Questions

REED Response

5 Oct 2020 – Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and congratulations!

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at REED (Preston, North West England, England).

Interview

Multiple Choice Assessment, then Vetting Call, followed by face to face Interview with Business Manager and Team Manager. Fairly tough process which went on for a couple of weeks but was made to feel welcome when visiting the office.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of what you have achieved as part of a team.   Answer Question

28 Jan 2020 – Head of Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your review and congratulations on securing the job role.

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at REED (Bristol, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Several stages including video interview (in business formal attire), in person interview and multiple choice quiz. But I don't remember what else. It was quite daunting as you have to record the answers to questions, so you don't have human feedback in the moment.

Interview Questions

REED Response

7 Apr 2020 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your positive review

Employment and Skills Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at REED (Leeds, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Really thorough, much more so than at most companies - but excellent! Had a 30 minute telephone interview, followed by a video interview (wow, second time I've done one of those but this one actually worked properly and was truly worthwhile!), followed by a face to face with the local manager and a practical session. The questions asked throughout the process were all well thought through, had value, weren't there to trip me up and made me think. Overall the process was excellent, don't be put off by the video interview, it's actually ok!

Interview Questions

• What experience of working to targets?   Answer Question
    • What experience of working with different types of people, including more difficult personalities?   Answer Question
    • Motivation behind applying for this specific role   Answer Question
    • Experience of dealing with conflict and having difficult conversations.   Answer Question

28 Jan 2020 – Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your positive review and congratulations on securing the role. We aim to make the interview process challenging but enjoyable and so it's great to hear that you found it thought provoking.

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at REED (Norwich, England) in December 2019.

Interview

Process was very long I guess due to the time of year, recruitment slows down and manager was busy.
    Initial screening, then telephone interview, then a one way video interview where questions showed up on the screen and they then videoed your answers, followed by 2 x in person interviews

Interview Questions

• What do you think a typical day in this role would be?   1 Answer

6 Jan 2020 – Head of Talent Acquistion

Congratulations on your offer. Our intake of new Recruitment Consultant starters does slow in December as January is a better and more productive time for new Co-Members to enjoy their new role. We expect the interview process to be completed within 2 weeks usually.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at REED (Coventry, England) in December 2019.

Interview

test about my actions and values when applying online, face to face interview with 3 people about my motivations, background, hobbies and phone test to sell a job as a recruiter - the last part is the most difficult one they are really harsh on you.

Interview Questions

REED Response

6 Jan 2020 – Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for leaving your review. Our interview processes are designed to offer a realistic job preview and so some applicants find these more challenging than others. I'm pleased that you had a positive experience

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REED (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

Initial 30 minute call, the next stage required us to create a presentation on some insights into the business. Be sure to include some real examples for the company rather than purely theoretical!

Interview Questions

• Which of the team’s key values are your strengths, and which are you more weak on.   Answer Question

12 Dec 2019 – Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your review. If you have any insight which would have improved your experience please do get in touch - matt.heather@reedglobal.com

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.