Reserve Bank of India Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Reserve Bank of India Interview Questions

Interviews at Reserve Bank of India

3.2

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Ahmedabad (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Intro - I am a Finance and Eco Guy. MBA Finance
    1. So you like finance?..Yes its my passion right from schooling days.
    2. What is CAPM?...They Don't expect formula or definition - Just Brief
    3. Efficient Frontier - Risk and Return Chart - Investors choice among available options.
    4. Some Sharpe Curve - That I dont know, i admitted
    5. Questions to check Weather can speak local language - me being from outside state.
    6. Have you applied for Gr B Officer - yes and I missed by 10 marks this time {said you should try again :) good}
    7. REPO - Ombudsman - RBI Functions - REPO VS Bank Rate

Year - 2013. In all it took 15 mins, as they were aware about all the details of candidate already, so No Self Introduction or ice breaking thing, Local Newspapers were kept on table, so as to know weather you can read it or not. Beside a world class treatment to justify its Brand Name.
    RESULT -GOT SELECTED. :)

Interview Questions

• Sharpe Curve or Sharpe formula. Actually they started with higher level questions compared to post of assistant, but I performed good. so they were satisfied with my answers. Keep in mind Gestures and Body language is always important.   1 Answer

Actually I got in as Cr Officer in another Bank. And between RBI Assistant and Officer Scale 1 their is 5-6 years of difference. No Doubt it was not that easy decision considering the Brand Name and Treatment to HR, by RBI.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Selection for interview is career based, need to have more than 80% in your graduation with first class career throughout.

Interview Questions

• Your views on QE ? And if u speak in support of it , they will say that it is useless and the vice versa.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (New Delhi (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Screening by application based on merit. And then personal interview by a panel of three. Will ask you basic questions of post graduation. Also they will chack how confident and how well you can communicate. The panel will be really friendly. You must just keep your cool. They may ask your states economic condorion. So be prepared for that. Based on your performance you get an email if you are selected.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Bhubaneswar (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

The panel was good. It consisted of three senior members. They asked about my perspective about the trending topics then. Digitization, Demonetization and GST were some topics from which questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• The panel asked if I had to implement card system, BHIM or other prepaid instrument for transaction, which method would i choose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Fill the online form. Shortlist will be received after some weeks. If shortlisted you will be asked to go to RBI for interview. Usually there is only one round of interview with 4-5 people in the panel.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

Application-Shortlisting-Document Verification-Interview. It was a panel of 3 senior officials at the Reserve Bank of India who interviewed me. To clear the process, you should be thorough with your basics of accounting, economics and finance

Interview Questions

• If I make you the Branch Manager of a Bank, how would you make money?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

First round of shortlisting through screening of cv. for shortlisting rbi required minimum 75 percentage marks avergae preferrably in grads, and financial related certification, then personal intervie by panel of 3 panel members

Interview Questions

• more on indian banking idustry, banking, current affairs, financial iclusion, definition of banks, nayak committee recommendation etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

You have to apply through your institution and if shortlisted have to appear for an interview. Panel consisted of 3 members and all were really good people. You also have to carry your original documents last semester mark sheet and degree certificate. Interview was conducted in RBI main office in fort area.

Interview Questions

• As I was graduated in Engineering and my specialization was E&TC first question came to me was are you aware of any innovations going on in optical fibre field. As I was not aware I said no and then the question came if I know what is optical fibre and its working. I explained it in some detail and then came the most dangerous question "Why do you want to move from such interesting field of electronics to finance". I tried to convince him on it and then he asked if I could explain him why this trend of engineering to finance is increasing. Then came in second interviewer who started with what are functions of RBI and then some questions on the same line. Third interviewer asked about RBI website and suggestions to improve the website and then asked about policy rates. That was it.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Kolkata (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

The Interview Process included resume shortlisting ( Masters in Economics from reputed colleges) .A total of 40 people were interviewed for the post and then there was a interview by a panel of 4 members( GMs)

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

We had to fill an online form and get it forwarded by the department of our college to any of the regional offices of RBI in India. 1 round of interview took place in January. Panel consisted of 3 managers and the interview lasted for 25 min.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.