Revolut Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Revolut Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Revolut

2.9

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly efficient and feedback was provided at every stage.

The stages consisted of:
> Initial phone interview with recruiter
> Take home data challenge - 7 days to complete
> Technical interview including presentation of challenge and live coding exercise
> Final interview with team members (mainly culture fit)

Interview Questions

Revolut Response

7 Feb 2020 – Stronger Together

Hey, thanks for your feedback! We love to hear when we’re doing well. I’ll make sure to pass your review on to our recruitment team. Welcome to the rocketship!

Other Interview Reviews for Revolut

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

First phone interview with HR
    Then two home exercises (KYC and Fraud).
    After that, I had a face to face interview booked in Canary Wharf
    15 minutes before the interview, I received a call from HR saying that the guy who was supposed to interview me was late. I gently asked "how much late? if it's 30 minutes I can wait, if it's more it is going to be difficult"
    5 minutes before the interview, while I was already heading back to the tube station, I received another call from HR and they told me they were able to book another guy for the interview.
    I did the interview with a guy with 3 years of total working experience while I have 15 years.
    It was really embarrassing.
    Two days after, without any feedback, I received an email from Revolut asking me to fill a small survey about the interview process. They sent me the survey before the feedback!
    One day after, I received the standard email "we have decided not to progress further with your application" without any more detailed feedback.

The whole process was simply amateur
    Overall it made me doubt the whole product, strategy and culture.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

The interview was rather structured. First, they sent a link to HackerRank where 4 simple questions were asked. Then I had a chat with HR rep with some follow-up questions. Then a home task was sent. It was fine, meant to be a simplified example on problems to be solved in the positions. Having successfully solved it, I had a tech interview with two Data scientists from the group. The questions were interesting, the difficulty level was right.
    Then an interview the product managers was due. It was meant to assess cultural fitness. This would be fine if there were any information on culture of Revolut. They asked me to speak about an interesting project as well.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

-> Cool HackerRank initial test
    -> Screen with hr told him I wanted to join fincrime ds team.
    -> Assignment about product. Not very clear but did it anyways.
    -> Interview with two data scientists, everything went quite smooth, especially I believe I answered all technical questions thoroughly.
    Then received a mail telling me I wasn’t retained based on some business considerations about the product. A bit disappointing when you want to do fincrime.
    Overall, felt a bit like losing lot of time on the wrong assignment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

Overall negative experience. Hats off to HR-Talent acquisition very professional. But Data Science team was very junior and non experienced. Received feedback on a very long with badly written instructions home test.

ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT: check the experience of your data scientists. They used terms that they dont fully understand. It is very clear by the feedback that they did not pay attention and that their experience is on adhoc desktop non productionised projects. You cannot be asking your candidates to dedicate so much time and then not properly looking at the solution by assigning someone experienced.

Interview Questions

Revolut Response

7 Feb 2020 – Stronger Together

Thanks for giving us your honest feedback. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know how we can improve. We’ll pass this feedback on to the relevant teams to ensure that we’re providing enough support and training for our interviewers to properly assess the home tasks. We know that all our candidates put in lots of effort throughout the recruitment process, and we want to make it clear that is reciprocated by everyone involved from Revolut.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

I had around 5 interviews split into 3 sessions. The first one is with Talent Acquisition, it was very fluent and efficient. The recruiter was very energetic and made me feel welcomed.

After talking to the recruiter I received a home challenge. It took me between 7-8 hours to complete it. Although it was extensive, I enjoyed because the data is a real snapshot of the actual one. The first two technical interviews were also nice, we discussed the results of my challenge plus some technical questions that are related to the solution. The conversations were very interesting and it was nice to talk about something I created as it gave me context.

The final round of interviews were with the business side of the team. The questions were more business related, and we discussed where is the team going and objectives. They were assessing if my skills and experience were aligned to the business goals.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in June 2019.

Interview

1. Initial Call - This was about motivation and understanding what are the expectations.
    2. Home Test - Very long
    3. Competency-based Interview - 45 minutes (on site)
    4. Technical Interview - 45 minutes (on site)

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process went extremely smooth. I first had a screening with a Data Scientist that took 30 minutes. After that, I completed a homework assignment with a deadline of one week. The homework assignment is quite challenging and requires quite some times and effort. After passing the homework assignment, I had a one-hour technical interview with two data scientists. Finally I had a call with the product owner for my team as well as the lead data scientist.

Overall, the process was extremely smooth and nice. The recruiters were very responsive and helpful in order to adapt to my schedule.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between random forest and gradient boosted trees?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Revolut in March 2019.

Interview

Very long, a couple of months at least. Expect screening, home task, and another video interview.
    Guys are nice, but make an impression of professionally inexperienced people (and by looking at their CV's', you can see that they are newbies, essentially). Tech stack looks like a student's pet project. Expect school-like exam questions. Probably company just saves money this way.

Interview Questions

• How to find out if a sample has a normal distribution?   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut in December 2018.

Interview

The process looked like a mess, really.

I was applying for position in one department but received the interview invite for another one.

Hoping that the issue is resolved I set up interview time. However, during the interview I was asked question that were related to different department again.

The home task is not extremely challenging but it takes (un-)reasonable amount of time to finish it (hard deadline 1-week).

The main problem I faced is that reviewer literally paid no attention to the fact that results were submitted in Jupyter Notebooks with all cells executed. As feedback I got that due to the syntax errors the code was not running. :see_no_evil:

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.