Revolut IOS Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Revolut IOS Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Revolut

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut in November 2019.

Interview

Initial screening with HR, nice Test Assignment, 2 hours tech interview, 45 mins with Head of Mobile.

I really liked how quickly the recruiter was replying and getting back to me.

I also was surprised with quite extensive feedback on Test Assignment and the Tech interview.

In general really good experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Revolut

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

The interview process consisted of four parts.

The first part was a general screening interview by the recruiter where they went over my experience, motivations and where they explained the general interview process.

The second step was a take home assignment where I had to implement a small feature of the app . The code had to be organized well and tested. I had a time limit of 7 days to complete the task.

The third step was a technical interview where I did several live coding problems through hangouts with other iOS developers at Revolut. All the questions were domain specific and mainly revolved around concurrency in Swift and some common design patterns in iOS development.

The fourth and final step was an interview with the head of mobile at Revolut where I was asked about my experience in iOS so far, my motivations and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Revolut in January 2019.

Interview

I was shocked when I saw the test task has been reviewed by junior engineer.

The guy who reviewed the task made the following mistakes (for iOS/android guys: this will give you an idea of their mobile department):

- Not understanding the difference between ViewController and Controller (a simple MVC pattern that any intern knows)
    - Reporting non-existing retain cycle despite the correct usage of weak references and a clear test that shows the deallocation of the object in question.
    - Reporting Networking! test fails when no connection (this test was intentionally written to fail when no connection)
    - Not understanding the idea of unit tests, integration tests, mocks, etc.

To mobile devs: don't bother applying for this position. I hope other departments are more consistent.

Interview Questions

• A simple iOS coding task (involving networking and some simple UI)   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.