Revolut Machine Learning Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Revolut Machine Learning Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Revolut

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England).

Interview

Was contacted on LinkedIn by their in house recruiter where it was apparent that I had 1 year and 8 months of experience in the field for a role that wanted 2 years. Replied fairly quickly and they took over a week to get back where they invited me to a video interview. Waited for 10 mins for the scheduled interview before emailing to check all was okay, no message about being late, continued waiting until 10 mins before the end of the slot when they turned up. Seemed all good they told me they were sending a coding test over and then was told that I didn’t have the 2 years experience by their team (fairly apparent given they had seen my LinkedIn and CV well before this stage) so they wouldn’t be pursuing this any further. Overall a very disappointing experience and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Revolut

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen interview. Then I was given a programming challenge that I had to complete within one week. After that I had a technical interview where we discussed my solution to the programming challenge. There were a number of additional technical questions during this interview. The final interview concerned behavioral questions and my match for the team.

The process was quite fast and smooth. The recruiters were helpful and responsive.
    The interviewers were all polite and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• For the programming challenge, I was asked to train an NLP model to predict the product in a customer complaint. The submission was expected to be production-level code (as much as one can do within one week).   Answer Question
    • Behavioral question: I was asked to describe how I organize my work.   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Revolut in June 2019.

Interview

Smooth. I did 4 interviews and a home task assignment. The HR always responded quickly after each interview.

The first interview was an introductory one where I shared my experiences. There was also a few simple questions regarding ML and Python.

After the first interview, I got a home task assignment where I created an ETL procedure, built a machine learning model, evaluated its performance based on appropriate metrics and finally came up with an algorithm that takes action for each user based on the predictions.

The second and the third interviews were with a data scientist and a product owner, respectively. These interviews were intense and difficult. Expect lots of ML and probability related questions. I have been also asked about my experiences in detail. In addition, interviewers asked brain teasers ( probability & combinatorics ) and algorithmic questions.

Finally I did an interview with a Lead DS. This interview consisted of behavioral questions as well as a brain teaser.

Then, I got a very nice offer :)

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between Gaussian Mixture Model clusterization and K-means?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between standard deviation of a sample and standard error of the population mean?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in June 2019.

Interview

it was a fast interview process, but there was an evident lack of communication between the people handling the process; I've underlined my lack of experience in a specific field, and I was told that it wasn't a problem from the first two interviewers, but the third one sacked me over this particular aspect.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

I had an introductory interview and was sent a coding challenge. I didn't get the role, but I found the interview process to be great. I even got feedback on my coding challenge submission and was explained why I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.