Revolut Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Revolut Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Revolut

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Revolut in November 2019.

Interview

I think the Revolut interview process is by far the most transparent interview process I have been through. A special callout to their recruiter for always keeping me in the loop on the true status and progress of my application. After a few interesting rounds of interviews(recruiter screen, take-home assignment, and 1:1 product interview), it was discovered that my experience was not in line with the current role they were hiring for. Most other companies just abruptly stop all communication with an automated email at this point. However, the Revolut recruitment team kept sharing real feedback with me and kept trying to get my profile reviewed by other teams, always keeping me in the loop. It was rather unfortunate that my experience was mid-way between their junior role and senior role for this job. However, I will always be thankful for the transparency they showed and the earnest efforts of the recruiter to find an opportunity that matched my skills and to keep me in the loop at all times. Few companies seem to take candidate experience as seriously as Revolut!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Revolut

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

Had an initial video call which lasted around 30/40 minutes.
    Never got a message despite messaging the person I spoke to, to give any feedback or tell me why I was not right for the role. You expect at least telling you within over a month the situation.
    Always think employers who don’t value prospective employees are not somewhere positive to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied for the Global Product Operations Manager (Card Payments Technology) role in April 2019 and got an email from HR 2 days later to say they wanted me to do a task. I had a week to finish the task post which there would be a face to face interview. I responded by saying that looking at the task I did not think I would be the right person for it as it required detailed coding knowledge and I didn't have any. She replied saying coding was not required and no 'technical' knowledge was required to do the task.

I submitted the task to the best of my ability only to be told the 'solution didn't hit all of the key points'.

I felt like HR just needed to tick the box/ meet their KYC to state x number of people completed the task, rather than HR actually doing their job of writing an ACCURATE job description and formulating a SUITABLE task for that job.

I thought the job description was far removed from the task and vice versa. As if they were for two very different roles.

The task was quite challenging and felt like a waste of time (and not relevant to the role I applied to at all).

The process also felt a bit impersonal as no call/ personal contact was made prior to that. Usually, tech company interviews have a HR interview prior to a case study/task.

I also felt they used candidates to provide free consulting on a case that has later come out in the news to be a challenge for them.

Overall, the recruitment process reflected a poor culture at the firm.

Interview Questions

Revolut Response

7 Feb 2020 – Stronger Together

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your honesty. Since you interviewed in April 2019, we have made a review of our processes and implemented lots of changes to tackle the issues you faced.
    We’re making an effort to ensure that all our candidates are properly informed and feel valued throughout, and this includes having a dedicated recruiter who looks after you throughout your recruitment process with us.
    We’re continuously reviewing our home tasks to ensure that they’re representative of the skills you’ll be using in your role and a good test of your knowledge. We use home tasks only for this purpose, and candidate solutions are kept completely separate from our everyday product work.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

I got approached by them for the role of Product Manager - Financial Crime. Initial screening with HR. I was then handed an anonymised dataset to analyse for fraudsters as part of a challenge with a one-week deadline. Followed by two half-hour interviews with two persons at director and above levels.

I produced an extensive report for the challenge, which included among others: two simple practical algorithms to detect certain fraud typologies (coded in Python using an array of data related libraries and including Bayesian elements), one Machine Learning classification algorithm (coded in Scikit, a somewhat "exotic" version of a popular algorithm due to the dataset's specifics), a number of new tech and old traditional methods used in the industry and a framework of how to properly prioritise (it was a PdM role).

Despite all this, during the interview when we were supposed to discuss the report, I got asked whether and how I know Machine Learning/Data Science! Based on this, the only possible conclusions I can draw are: 1) my report has not been read throughout and/or 2) it was read but the ML-related content was not understood. Note: I am pretty sure my methods were correct, it's not magic, it's Data Science (I got a PhD in Computer Science) and there are always ways to confirm.

In addition, of all the above, the only two pieces of feedback I got on the report were: 1) A mistake in the characterisation of one of the several attributes included in the dataset. 2) Even more surprisingly with all the code described previously which detected fraudsters and classified their typology, I was told I am not hands-on enough (and this was a PdM role).

My tip to senior interviewees: When interviewing for a small/medium company, as a first step insist on interviewing online (Skype/Hangouts etc.) with a senior person within the company just after the initial HR screening, and before doing any tests, challenges, on-site interviews etc. It may save you time for a number of reasons like you are too expensive for them.

Neutral overall experience because the hands-on project was good fun and their HR was good.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

The process for me was a ahone screen, lengthy take home test, interview with head of operations, final round with co-founders. However, not once did I speak to anyone from HR, it was an EA that ran the process, which was unusual.

I made it to the final round and then received a standard rejection email template, however despite emailing both the interviewer and hiring co-ordinator several times I never received any feedback from them on their decision, which was very disappointing.

Additionally, I was given a form asking for feedback on the process, midway through the process when I felt uncomfortable giving any negative feedback in case it may count against my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview followed up with an exceptionally long set of home tasks that took a week to complete. The process was very laborious and required a very broad selection of knowledge and skills.

Interview Questions

• Statistically analyse data from an API to decipher what the root cause of an issue within the app was.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.