Revolut Product Owner Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Revolut Product Owner Interview Questions

Interviews at Revolut

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

Unstructured, had to chase multiple times and spend tons of time on a home assignment.... only never to have the document opened and have the contact reach back out to me and say that the answers weren't what they were looking for (despite never even opening the document...). Not a company I'd want to work for.

Interview Questions

Revolut Response

5 Nov 2019 – Stronger Together.

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. All our home tasks get pulled into our ATS system and get reviewed by a pre-assigned panel. We appreciate our candidates taking the time to do the home task and we make it a priority to honour that by carefully reviewing each and every one of them.

Other Interview Reviews for Revolut

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

Went through many rounds of chaos and disorganization, wasting a lot of time doing online test, take-home tasks, etc. and phone interview. Have the feeling it's a fast-growing but poorly organized and managed company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

1) Initial video call with HR
    2) Product takehome task
    3) Interview with product owner
    4) Interview with Head of product x 2

Having been referred by an employee I was invited to a Google Hangout call with their recruiter. It took around 45 minutes and was primarily me giving an overview of my background. I was then given a product task to complete.

The product task consisted of screen designs for an early version of the app followed by a number of questions. This included listing any problems or improvements which each has to be justified with analysis, prioritised and wireframed. There were then some further questions around what you might sacrifice if you had a hard deadline to reach etc. The task was supposed to take 5 hours but I cannot see how any serious applicant would spend that little time on this task. It took me a full working day. Not a problem however and I actually enjoyed the challenge. I received an email the next day confirming I had passed with positive feedback.

The next stage was a formal 1 hour interview with a product owner. Unfortunately, this was cancelled with an hours notice and rearranged for another day. When the interview finally happened he let it be known that he had only found out 9:30pm the previous evening he was interviewing. During the interview, we also had to jump meeting rooms three times. Whilst not the most professional, I've dealt with this before and it didn't overly phase me. The interview went well and felt like more of a conversation. A few days later I received an email saying that I had passed and that a product team wanted to interview me in more detail.

Two interviews were scheduled. Both with respective Head of Products and each an hour long. These were scheduled back-to-back. These interviews were a bit more intense but equally quite enjoyable in that the interviewers were very blunt and direct, which I like. I left the interviews feeling confident, however we had been limited for time. The first interviewer never actually got around to looking at my product work which is my main pitch so to speak and on both occasions, we were forced to end early. I would suggest that these interviews are made longer or the format changed to allow 2-on-1 but a longer timeslot.

I received an email a few days later stating that I would not be offered the role. This was due to a lack of experience in strategy and data. The strategy aspect is somewhat subjective (and ironic given the very clear lack of strategy relating to the product I was interviewing to own) but on the data front, I had actually worked on complex medical datasets in my previous role. We were unable to touch on this in the interview due to the limited time. So this was a tad frustrating.

I would have preferred to have had a call from the Head of Product(s) querying their concerns and giving me the opportunity to respond before a final decision however this was not the case. If they had done so I could have provided evidence to the contrary which may have further informed them. I must say however that I was kept well-informed by the recruiter. as to my application status. On the whole, the process was average.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you have used data to change your approach to a product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England).

Interview

I applied online and received a challenge on hacker rank. In order to pass the test, you need to prepare some GMAT advanced questions concerning ratios, medians and averages ... It had been a while since I last did such questions so I don't think I passed it. Didn't hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Relatively advanced gmat questions concerning ratios, average speeds, equations involving averages and medians ...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out to me. I talked to the head of a business unit, completed a task then interviewed with a product owner and then a Direct of Product Management. The whole processed would have been complete in 2 weeks if I hadn't had holidays / work trips and have asked to meet more of the team before accepting. Very efficient and the recruiter I was working with was very professional and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• How do you work out how long something will take?   1 Answer
    • What have you done / read to improve your product skills?   Answer Question
    • What is the role of a Product manager?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a product with good UX? What's good about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

4 steps were only with screening purpose, I think it is signal of ineffective hiring process.
    1) analytical test online
    2) interview with Operational manager, a product team member
    3) hometask
    4) interview with Product Owner, the same level person

Interview Questions

• Difference between WHERE and HAVING?   Answer Question
    • What of your professional experience in the last years are you proud about?   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vilnius (Lithuania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (Vilnius (Lithuania)) in October 2019.

Interview

Screen call through Google hangouts, 1hr.
    Interview with a future peer, planned 1hr, spent more than 1,5hr.
    Homework, very hands-on, explaining what could be day-to-day work. Received 7days to complete.
    Final interview - live (manager was visiting local office).
    Proposal.

Interview Questions

• Experience working with software development team?
      Products managed in previous company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

The process was thorough and requires a fair bit of effort on behalf of the candidate, which personally provided me with confidence that there is a high bar. The first step was a Google Hangout screening with a recruiter, followed by a fairly difficult home task (two parts, design and analytical) - I was warned by the recruiter that this is where most candidates fail to progress. Following successful completion of the task, I had another Hangout Interview, this time with a Senior Product Owner. Progression at this stage resulted in a f2f interview at the London HQ with a Head of Product. Finally, I had two more Hangout interviews (to determine which area of Product I would sit in), one with the CTO/Founder, and one with another Head of Product (my potential manager).

Throughout the process, I was kept well informed, had all my questions answered. I didn't feel as though the interviewers were in a rush to get through a list of questions and leave (contrary to other reviews), they were more conversational. Two of my hour-long interviews ended up going over (30 extra minutes with the Product Owner and an extra 45 minutes f2f with the Head of Product) as we continued to conversate about the role, industry and company.

Interview Questions

• Can you show me and walk me through a product you've worked on, decisions you had to make and your rationale behind them?   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

Had the team contact me through Social media based on my profile. Though I wasn't seriously looking, I agreed to attend. On agreeing, I received a huge list of homework and questions to answer. Though my answer was right and were upto expectations, they rejected my profile, and I definitely lost control on what were looking for. Also, if I had not been contacted through Social media, why would I even agree to join as a Product Owner? Irrelevant and non-transparent process.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on analytical and aptitudes, as homework and assignment, which I had forgotten so many months ago. Wished it was replaced with an alternative direct interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Process:
    1. HR call (30 min)
    2. Home task (time consuming)
    3. Team interview (30 min)
    4. Onsite interview with manager and founding partner (30 min with each person)

It is common for them to work until 11pm everyday and week ends because they are passionate.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.