Revolut Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Revolut Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Revolut

3.4

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

First step with was the call with an HR who outlined the details of the process.

Then there was a time-consuming take-home test project to build an iOS app. The project had vague requirements and in my attempt to clarify what they are looking for, the recruiter who acted as a proxy between me and developers responded with RTFM ("read the description").

After a couple of days of work on the project, I submitted it to the recruiter and a day after received a rejection. I still don't quite understand what they were looking for. The test project itself was quite tedious and involved a lot of boilerplate.

Interview Questions

• Can you drop me a quick word so I know you’ve received this?   1 Answer

Revolut Response

5 Nov 2019 – Stronger Together.

Thank you for the feedback. It helps us learn and get better day by the day; still, we do feel sorry you had a negative experience.
Some of our older home tests where indeed quite time consuming. We listened and we fixed that. The purpose of the tests is for us to see how you’re thinking about a certain hypothetical problem. We know life is busy and most of our candidates are doing a full-time job. We hope you will reconsider us in the future.

Other Interview Reviews for Revolut

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Had a take-home technical assessment to do, I have been told that I succeed in the technical assessment with no further details. Moving to the second stage, I had an online interview and I knew that I failed. I asked Revolut recruiter to give me feedback on that last interview so I can improve myself. The answer was "Yeah I'm working on it". And since then NO feedback whatsoever. This is unacceptable and disrespectful for someone who works full-time and managed to spend a lot of time in preparing the technical assessment. You pass the first stage with the technical assessment but then the second stage goes completely blank. I contacted at multiple times Revolut recruiter and he kept ignoring me, so at the end, I just gave up. This is a waste of time where you spend some effort during the interview process but then nothing is giving back to you.

The second interview full of gruelling questions and exotic technical conditions which will actually never happen in real-life needs to be sorted out as well. The interviewer from Poland kept asking question full of traps and sometimes non-sense just to put you in a very uncomfortable position.

I advise you to put the remote interview before asking people to spend their time in the technical assessment.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Revolut (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2020.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter which was really good and gave me a good impression about the company
    1- an hour screening with an internal recruiter which went very well and he was so professional
    2- home task which was easy and clear
    3- first technical interviews which gave me a really negative impression that i felt that i dont want to continue, one of the interviewers was not patient and when I explain something he say is it necessary skip it, why u wrote bla bla bla in ur cv if u dont use it in the current project. The other was okaysh. They asked many questions some were good and some gave me the impression that i am in school having test. I felt negative that i didnt like to waste my time anymore and when they started the whiteboard task i heard them talking about me negatively i think they thought that i am not following, that made me go back and quit the interview . I can’t say that the place is bad because i have a good experience with the recruiter but I don’t think that i would love to have colleagues like my interviewers

Interview Questions

Revolut Response

6 Mar 2020 – Stronger Together

Thanks for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We really appreciate understanding why you had a negative recruitment experience with us. We want to emphasise that the behaviour you experienced from these interviewers is not representative of our recruitment process and that we do not condone this behaviour. We urge you to complete the interviewer survey so that we can follow up with this internally through our interviewer monitoring and evaluation program. This is used to provide personalised feedback to interviewers and help them understand where and how they can improve.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Stage1: 40 minute phone call to discuss experience and technical ability.
    Stage2: At-home coding test to be completed within 7 days. The test was to create a restful application for handling payments. Concurrency and coding style were the main points of the test.

Interview Questions

• Time complexity and underlying data structures of java collections   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

Technical Recruiter asking very random technical questions.
    felt like they probably have some sheet of acceptable answers because anything outside of that sheet (for example if you want to elaborate or explain an opinion) was met with silence or attempts to navigate the answer to the answer sheet.

Interview Questions

Revolut Response

6 Feb 2020 – Stronger Together

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest thoughts. Due to the volume of candidates that we consider, we rely on our technical recruiters to have a basic level of technical understanding when screening candidates. We will continue to provide training and learning initiatives to bridge gaps between technical candidates and their recruiters.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolut in January 2020.

Interview

Waste of time. They will give one big take home assignment and expect you to spend so much time. Don't take any assignment it's a waste of time, they are just trying to learn from candidates and improve. Or just prove that candidate is wrong.

Interview Questions

Revolut Response

7 Feb 2020 – Stronger Together

Thank you for your honest review; we appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback. We use our home tasks to test the skills we’d expect you to use in the job role at Revolut and see how you respond to certain problems.
    We’re in the process of reviewing all our home tasks to ensure that they are fair and representative of what we’re asking for. If you have more specific feedback relating to your home task, please get in touch with your recruiter directly to let us know how we can improve.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revolut in October 2019.

Interview

Firstly I had a relaxed phone / video call to discuss the role and my experience. Discussions around why I want to work for Revolut and what I'm looking for. Very friendly and easy going chat.

Second stage is completing a home task. Designing and implementing a money transfer API. Good instructions were given with plenty of time to complete the task. The code is then reviewed and detailed feedback given.

Unfortunately I didn't pass the second stage. My solution was lacking in some areas which was a fair assessment. The result and feedback was quick and communicated very well.

Great experience but sadly unsuccessful this time. I would definitely apply again in the future if they have openings.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (Lisbon (Portugal)) in October 2019.

Interview

I was contacted first by the recruiter and we had a little conversation about Revolut, my professional experiences, and he asked me if I was interested in this opportunity. After that I had a home task to do, implement a simple api without Spring and should be done in 1 week, I received some feedback about the test and went to an interview with 2 developers where they asked lots of technical questions we learn in college but have never used in my past experiences and there wasn't any discussion about my home task, what I thought that interview would focus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

1. Home task
     You are given a week to make REST-ish api for money transfer.
    Reviewer may ask you rework the task, because he is not able to check `README.md` or check `gradle.build` script for requirements.

2. Tech interview with simple coding assignment
    Very dry interview with interviewers are listening for keywords, no discussion question whatsoever.
    Very simple coding assignment, you will get extra points in case of TDD-ing it

3. Final interview with two tech guys
    Still very dry and shallow interview with tech guys listening to keywords. There is a _design session_, but it is not a discussion question and keyword is enough to pass it.

Overall experience is quite awful and close to a waste of time , interviewers behave like they are not interested in the process and have a lot of tickets to deliver in next couple of hours.

I could recommend this company as a warm up interview for position in other company.

Interview Questions

• - transaction isolation levels,
      - do you ci/cd
      - do you code review
      - gc
      - java collections
      - microservices: pros and cons   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was invited to apply by a recruiter in Russia. Although I wasn't interested, I'd decided to try as the company offers potential relocation to London.

At a first stage they send me a technical assignment, which is time consuming. It took me about two weekends, and partial development during weekdays.

A few days later they invited me for a technical interview, without giving any guides what to expect. It started with a coding exercise on multithreading, then series of "How to" questions regarding to UI/Tables examples from their app etc.

I didn't go further after this stage, with a dummy feedback from the recruiter.

It's disappointing that they did't provide me any feedback regarding to my task. I guess they even didn't properly reviewed it, as for many asked questions they could find answers in the code. I believe this is not respectful.

At the bottom line, my advise is to ask for the interview first, and then do a test task only if they initially liked you.

Interview Questions

• How to implement certain screen, how to layout cell etc.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.